New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel

Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel
Ranked #69 of 450 Hotels in Seoul
Daejeon, South Korea
“Nice Rooms, Pool, and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love the breakfast at the hotel very good. The rooms were nice, and were perfect for my family. I liked the pool it isn't huge but many hotels in Seoul charge extra for using the pool, so it was nice to get it for free. I would stay here again. I am a frequent Marriott traveler, so I would say that I am torn about staying at the Court Yard Times Square or the Renaissance. I like the mall near the courtyard, but the overall all area is nicer near the Renaissance (more options in my opinion). I think the tie breaker might be the pool for my kids--No pool at the Court Yard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank benjamin k
Simon B, General Manager at Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear benjamin k

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in November of last year.

It's really pleasing to hear you had such a great experience at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square. Our team pride themselves on the service they provide so they will all be very happy to hear your great comments.

Next time you visit Seoul I hope you will choose to stay with us again. We are about to open a new JW Marriott Hotel in Dongdaemun, as you a loyal Marriott guest I highly recommend trying that hotel as well.

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Yokohama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice location, walking distance from many types of restaurants, subway. Comfy room, clean, maybe just a bit old fashion decor but nice size.The breakfast is very good, many types of food to choose, from western to Asian. Staff is very attentive, nothing to remark.The airport bus stops at this hotel, what is very convenient. (3,000won, one way if not mistaken)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank williefil13
Dear williefill13

On behalf of all the amabassadors at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel from your stay in July.

It's encouraging to hear our team took great care of you and you found the breakfast to meet your expectations. Our team have spent a lot of time on improving our breakfast offerings. I appreciate your candor with regards to the look and feel of the building and will also share that with our senior management.

Next time you visit Seoul I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks. The water pipe right next to my bed started making noise when my next door neighbour woke up and take early showers at 6am several mornings. Both our door cards failed twice (total 4 times!!) within one week. The breakfast was good but the waiters seems to be only able to understand very simple English.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mochamochamocha
Simon B, General Manager at Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mochamochamocha,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Seoul Hotel on your recent visit to Seoul.

All of us here appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel and giving us feedback on your stay. We will use this information as part of our ongoing efforts to improve what we offer to our guests.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Seoul.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had the wonderful pleasure of sending 4 nights at this lovely hotel last week. I'm a Marriott Gold member and have never had such royal treatment in a Marriott Gold Club Lounge. Check in and out was done by the Gold Club concierge who served as our personal travel assistant throughout our stay--recommending great sites to visit and fun restaurants that my 20 year old daughters thought were very cool! The complimentary breakfast offered to Gold members was incredible! And every evening we were treated to appetizers, drinks and desserts--as well as wonderful conversations with other Gold guests. The location was good and very easy to take the airport limo to and from hotel-Incheon Airport for only $16 each. Classy place with wonderful service. We were fortunate to redeem Marriott points for this stay and found it to be the best redemption value of any Marriott we have stayed at. Appreciated every minute at this lovely hotel! It is hotel experiences like this that remind me why I am a loyal Marriott Gold member who spends countless nights at Marriotts each year. But few hotels within this brand are as gracious and lovely as the Renaissance Seoul!

Room Tip: If you qualify as a Gold Member, ask for the 21st floor, right off the lounge. It is like having a w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Simon B, General Manager at Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear creativecrew

On behalf of all the ambassadors at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel.

We really do spend a lot of time on training our team to take good care of all of our guests especially our very loyal Marriott Gold Elite members.

It's also great to hear you managed to discover some of the great sites and restaurants that Seoul has to offer. Seoul is a vibrant city with plenty to see and do.

Again we all appreciate you choosing our hotel and we all hope you can visit Seoul again in the near future.

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent hotel, great location, beautiful lobby with piano lounge and restaurant. KAL bus drops off directly in front of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious with full amenities, including hot water kettle. The Concierge lounge is one of the best I have ever been on a Marriott property. I would definitely recommend this hotel when travelling to Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Simon B, General Manager at Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Michael P

On behalf of all the team at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel, it's great to hear you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel.

I am glad our team took such great care of you in our Club Lounge and you found the room and amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share you review with our team at our next staff meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we hope we can welcome you back to the hotel some time in the near future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my first time in Korea and this hotel certainly helped to make it very enjoyable. The staff is friendly, professional and extremely helpful. I spent 4 weeks in this hotel from November through December and they assisted me with finding a variety of good restaurants within walking distance, along with giving me recommendations and directions to many popular Seoul attractions (palaces, museums, temples and the Seoul nightlife). The room was comfortable and breakfast was great. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Seoul in 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Blaine H
Dear Blaine H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we really appreciate your feedback.

It's great to hear you had such a good time in Seoul and managed to get out and discover some of the great sites Seoul has to offer.

I have shared your review with our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel later in the year.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel has a great view of the city. They have a variety of restaurants inside the hotel to choose from. The service was very good. Our luggage was brought to our room quickly after checking in. The roll away bed was also set up very quickly. Don't forget your power converter plugs because there is only one outlet that accepts different kinds of plugs. There was complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee in the room. The hotel is conveniently located between Yeoksam and Seolleung metro stations on the number 2 line. There are some 24 hr convenient stores within a block of the hotel. There are a bunch of local restaurants in the area too. We had a easy time booking the DMZ tour through the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Simon B, General Manager at Belle-Essence Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Alexander L

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel on your recent visit to Korea.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and offerings to the standard you would expect from a hotel like ours. I am glad you had a chance to visit the DMZ and hope you managed to see some of the other great sites Seoul has to offer.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope we can see you again in the not too distant future.