“Rarely do you experience this kind of quality”

JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
Ranked #13 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Houston, Texas, USA
“Rarely do you experience this kind of quality”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I just finished a 5 night stay at this hotel. As a gold member, I had access to the lounge and it was phenomenal. This lounge has more food offerings than I have experienced at any other marriott.. Anywhere. Beyond the selection, is the quality. Whether it's the breakfast (with very generous 6-10 hours) or the evening buffet (which includes an open bar and different food selections every night), you could have your fill... Literally.. In the lounge. Of course, Seoul is a great city to visit and the hotel is also convenient to the express bus subway terminal (you don't even have to go outside to access it) and for about $1 a ride within 10km, it's safe, clean, and efficient transportation for a steal (TIP - get the T-Card at a dispensing machine at the station or at the 7-Eleven. It saves you some money, but most Importantly, it saves time and is super convenient).
Back to the hotel - it's clean, quiet, comfortable, and reliable. There's not much else you can want from a hotel. I'm at the renaissance Beijing now and I'm already missing the JW seoul!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed November 4, 2013

After staying at dour different hotels in Seoul during the past two months (as a part of my relocation package), I can confidently say that Marriott is the choice. We stayed here for three weeks, and everything was perfect. My piece of advice is to upgrade yourself and try to get a room on the club floor. The lounge is actually pretty good. quite extensive menu and the staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

India, Hyd
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This Hotel has more than 35 floors and is a gigantic structure visible from other side of Seoul south river. I have stayed on 31st floor and viewing Seoul river towards north of Seoul city. This hotel also very close to the same place where famous Open Gangnam style song was pictured. I liked the hotel location, and we walked less than 3 miles to reach Samsung center for an Indian restaurant called Ganga. Good reception, lavish buffet breakfast on restaurants. I briefly visited the Gym & Spa on lower lobby levels they were full of people and amazing. I had little choice for Indian or south east Asian food on room service. Overall, I think this is best place for business visitors.

Room Tip: Little choice of Indian or SE food.
1 Thank skkudari

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned from a business trip to Seoul, South Korea to attend an aerospace symposium. Accommodations provided by the J.W. Marriott. Nice room, very nice view from the 20th floor. Access to the executive lounge made unwinding at the end of the day easy and pleasant. The lounge provided a nice selection of options for breakfast in the morning and snacks including alcohol in the evening. Olivio’s Italian restaurant in the hotel made a favorable impression as well. Centrally located for easy access to popular areas such as Itaewon. The J. W. is definitely at the high end of places I’ve stayed. Only one concern, the beds are uncomfortably firm. Similar comment regarding 2 other hotel stays in Korea. The cure for that? “medicinal” soju.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the building have a view of the river and the Seoul Tower. South facing...

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott twice in the last week. Both rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff are very professional and attentive. The concierge lounge is an outstanding value for those who qualify.
In between my two stays I was at the new Park Hyatt in Busan. Although newer and "shinier", it did not provide the same level of value that the Marriott did.
I will definitely stay at the Marriott next time.

Greater New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Compare to other JWs in the region, this is probably one of the more expensive one. It is quite an old hotel with wears and tears.
The check in process was pretty quick. I got upgraded with Marriott status. There was not much around to see or to go to. I arrived at 11PM on Sunday night and there was only a local Korean restaurant around the corner that was open.
The hotel is located above a mall and bus/subway station. So it is easy to hop on a train to get to central Seoul.

I stayed in a corner room which was quite a big size. The gym is pretty decent. B'fast opened at 6AM and offers good variety.

For leisure or sightseeing, I would suggest to stay in a hotel that is closer to central. I would go back to this hotel for business.

Room Tip: Get a corner room as the hotel could get noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Los Altos, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is not cheap, but it is my favorite business hotel. The rooms and the building are very nice. It is attached to a shopping mall so it is easy to things that you might need.

For my needs, I often judge business hotels by both their exercise facilities and their breakfast. Both are fantastic. The exercise facilities are shared with a health club (I think) and are many times better than I have seen in other hotels that I've stayed out. They will have a dozen of whatever machine that you want. With jet-lag I like to show up at 5AM and although they are not officially open then, I have been able to work out at that time. I like to try out the machines that I normally don't have access to and could literally spend hours here. The breakfast is a marvelous buffet that has a broad variety of great quality food.

It is a pleasure to stay here.