“Luxury hotel, not town centre, but convenient location”

JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
Ranked #17 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Madrid, Spain
“Luxury hotel, not town centre, but convenient location”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's a real five star hotel. I stayed on the 23rd floor, view on main road, but windows are good and so noise is kept at minimum level, I usually cannot sleep with noise traffic, but this was not the case. Windows are big, so you can enjoy a very beautiful view of this vibrant city.
Rooms are big, especially bathroom, with separate big shower. King bed is huge and comfy.
Breakfast buffet has lots of choice from Korean, continental, sweets. They also have Nutella spread, which is something very rare in these hotels (it is the top choice of chocolate spread, especially for me, being Italian).
The desk space is separated from bed, so it looks like a small office, very nice.
In room dining was also good, I usually tend not to use it, because even in top class hotels, food is just tasteless, but I had a very good vegetable dish.
Excellent for business, wifi works very well, though if you are not a silver or gold member it is quite expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very good two night stay during business visit - highly recommended. One of the better Marriott group hotels in Asia.
- Convenient location
- Reasonable priced (in the context of Seoul 5 star hotels)
- Direct access to Shinsegae Department Store/Restaurants/Fast Food
- Very large rooms
- Huge fitness centre
- Professional team

1 Thank mrcharters

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I always used JW Seoul for business since year 2000. However, my family came with me this trip and stay over the weekend, they really enjoy all the facilities such as the gym, sauna, the buffet cafe in the second floor. I recommend paying for the upgrade to get access to the executive lounge.

Room Tip: i always enjoy the rooms facing the Han river which has the best view of the Nam San Tower
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank masonsf

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was in Seoul for a meeting at the COEX and stayed at the JW Marriott (based on the tripadvisor ratings) for 5 nights. The hospitality was so good in every sense. II had to take the taxi to and from COEX (that is something one should consider while booking). But I decided to stay here and happy with that decision. The room had everything one would require. I liked the breakfast at the The café @ JW, they had a choice of Western as well as Korean/Asian dishes. As I was busy with the meeting, I just had enough time to visit Itaewon and the old city (has a local market for buying ginseng and so on). For shopping, I suggest going to the Samsung Department Store near COEX. I got my ginseng tea, ginseng candy, and kimchi at the Department Store connected to the JW Marriott. Infact the lady at the kimchi counter wrapped it in a leak proof plastic wraps. Kimchi ferments, so buy it on the last day. Make sure you apply for Marriott points, your internet will be included. Or else they have complimentary wifi at the lobby and restaurants for 2 hours. The staff at the hotel were very polite and always helped me with my questions, including ideas for local shopping and sight-seeing. Before taking a taxi, make sure to get the address of the hotel written in Korean, this really helps while taking the taxi back to the hotel.

Lastly, Koreans have a fine taste for food, coffee, wine and clothes - and they smile a lot! So while in Korea be Korean!

2 Thank Jayadev R
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Jayadev R,

Thank you for choosing us and taking your time to share your detailed review!

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed Korea as well as your stay with us.
With three directly linked subway lines, we have easy access to anywhere in the town. Hopefully you will be able to explore the city more on your next visit and if there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Thank you.

Hong kong
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wonderful experience!

I enjoyed the stay with my wife,convenient location through subway,excellent food,amazing lounge, professional and extremely helpful and kind service,beautiful room.

Besides the pleasure to meet again Mr Saul,the gm, after many years,our Thanks and Best Regards to the front desk managers, especially Mr Kim, professional and kind,all the staff in the lounge,Erika the gm assistant,and all the hotel staff in restaurants, concierge , business center and at your service.

One of the best hotel and Marriott I have ever been,hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlitohk
Dear Carlitohk,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

It is our great pleasure to learn that you had one of the best Marriott hotel stay with us.
Also would like to thank you for the wonderful praise of our dedicated associates. We will certainly share your comments which encourage us to provide even better service to our valued guest, such as you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed in JW marriot last year Aug 2012. I will be heading back soon within this month.

Beautiful hotel and very good customer service. Has one of nicest executive lounge in Seoul.

Beside a big shopping mall, Shinsegae Department Store.

Their fitness center is huge such an eye opener.

Their breakfast spread was awesome too. I will be looking forward to staying in this hotel soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Supersizeben
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Supersizeben,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last year and thank you very much for choosing us again!

Don’t forget to try out our newly renovated swimming pool in fitness center and the new underground shopping arcade, Go-To-Mall.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,
New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here six nights as a member of a group of seven. The hotel was very helpful securing jumbo taxis for us (as long as it wasn't the evening rush hour). I didn't even have to unpack my adapters. On the desk there were two multi-prong plugs that were good for charging our phones and iPad. The location on top of Shinsegae was great and provided good afternoon diversion for my daughter and niece. Housekeeping was great and the lady brought us bottles of water every afternoon. The breakfast buffet (included in our room rate) was quite extensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello ShoresVillas,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

We are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful experience with us and sincerely hope that everyone of your group was happy as well.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,