“Everything you'd expect”

JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
Ranked #10 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room was great, the food was great, the pool was great...it was all great! We stayed as a family of 4 in a deluxe room and it was nice and roomy. The bed was comfortable and we wasted for extra pillows that were quickly delivered. The range of food suited our Western tastes - both for the buffet breakfast and the buffet lunch.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Seoul

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited the seoul to attend official meetings, and i feel so lucky that the company arranged my stay at JW Marriott. I enjoyed my whole trip alot. The rooms are very comfortable. The food was great. The service was best, everyone of the staff treats you well. The location of the hotel is also good, you can easily access to different places. Overall it was a great experience to stay in JW Marriott hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great property. The food is excellent and you will not want for any amenities since the hotel is directly attached to a large shopping and dining complex. We needed a doctor and within minutes of calling the front desk a doctor was on the phone. Less then half an hour later medicine was delivered.

The decision that needs to be considered when choosing this property is location. This hotel is on the side of the river that is far removed from any tourist sites. A taxi must be taken to get around Seoul, since the subway and buses are also complicated to use for everyday site seeing.

The Marriott Seoul does cater to a business crowd that will limit leisure time to using the gym, spa(really excellent treatments) and high end shopping. The staff has been trained to also cater to a business client that wants limited assistance and fast non-intrusive service.

If visiting Seoul for fun, check out other properties closer to the action. If you demand a good room with amenities in a more quiet area, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOL305

Reviewed March 23, 2013

How you like the location will depend on your trip purpose. It's on the South side of the river so not in the main tourist section. There is a huge shopping mall adjacent. I was here for business with a company also south of the river, so worked fine for me. Also, the company arranged airport transportation, so I can't rate the hotel's own handling.

What I can say is this is a really first class hotel with pleasant, well equipped and spacious rooms, good food in several restaurants and from room service, top notch service overall and one of the best gym/spa/pool setups I've ever experienced in a hotel.

I spent two nights here and did most of my hotel eating in the room (the company I was visiting arranged other meals there). On arrival I ordered the spicy "beef bone soup" and found it bracing, tasty and restorative from the long flight. I tried the Korean breakfast next morning (with beef and vegetable soup) and found it healthy, delicious and a good start to the day.

The real extraordinary thing here is for people who like to exercise and enjoy a good spa area. The gym area is not only well equipped with cardio machines of different sorts, but also has a real, honest to God weightlifting capability (with real squat rack!!) and full equipment.

The men's spa has, of course, lockers and areas where you can groom. The exceptional part is the series of saunas (one wet, two dry, both large and the dry are of varying temperatures) and the pools (ranging from very hot to ice cold with a moderately warm one in between where you can sit and watch TV and find a wooden sitting place with jets, like having your own little hot tub right in the bigger pool. VERY nice and the best thing if you wake up early and jet-lagged from the US and want to recover. I would have to assume the women's spa is similarly equipped.

So, in terms of the things I look after recovering from a long flight, which are pleasant, well equipped room, excellent rooms service food and gym/spa, this hotel ranks tops.

Room Tip: River facing rooms have great panoramic views.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here 6 nights and the service was pretty bad. I called the front desk for complimentary toothpaste and was shocked to hear that they do not provide them. Instead, they refer you to buy it from the minibar in the room where a small tube of toothpaste costs $5.50. I do not believe that such a high brand hotel should stoop to such levels to make money after a guest has paid close to $400 a night. Even a $75 a night motel provides complimentary toothpaste. The shampoo, conditioner and lotion were very overpwering too. They were some kind of "aromatherapy" but it is sure to give you a headache. If you are going to stay here, it is probably best to get your own toiletries. The Executive lounge on the 30th floor (you need to pay $75 a day to access this) also was dissappointing. Dinner was advertised from 5 to 7 PM but all the dishes are long gone by 6:45. I do not know why they say 7PM but have no food by 6:45PM. For the money you pay, it is definitely not the right choice. Stay at the Shilla Hotel ! You will have no more complaints.

Room Tip: Be aware that they will charge you extra if you ask for a room with a view of the Han river. It doe...
1  Thank BhaskarKoukuntla

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a great time staying in JW Marriot Hotel. The moment we stepped out of the bus, we were greeted by the staff and helped us with our luggages. The hotel receptionists speaks very good english and attended to our needs tight away. The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable with 4 soft, clean pillows. There is a mall adjacent to the hotel, one is high end , and if you walk down, you will find cheap items at the train station. There are a lot of restaurants at the mall. This hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed so far. Thanks for the free wi-fi ( having a Marriot Rewards card).

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was here for business so I wasn't the one paying for the stay, but I was still horrified at the prices charged and annoyed by the fact that normal amenities cost extra--a lot extra! The hotel itself is nice and clean, but $17 for a cup of coffee? Really? The breakfast buffet was good, but cost $40, etc.. The saving grace is that it's built next door to a mall where things are actually reasonably priced. Ostentatiously wasting money just doesn't work for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business