“Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Los Angeles, California
“Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got a great deal on Priceline!! At a third of the asking price!! The hotel is in a really busy location.Next to the main bus terminal. Right below the hotel is the subway lines # 3,7,and 9. If you can handle the crowd this is the fastest way to get around town. I bought a prepaid card for $3.00 and you can purchase in any amount you want at the machine. The taxis are cheap but the traffic is just like L.A. during rush hour. The hotel is connected to a department store. The 10 floor has resonable priced restaurants with great service. I tried the 59 Steakhouse, great food!!! At the bus terminal basement they have McDonalds and Coffee Bean with other chain stores.Do buy water, soda and snacks at the 7 11. They charge $ 3.00 + at the mini bar in the room. The service was impecable. Free shoe shine from your room guarnteed in 1 hour.House keeping on off hours was accomedating.Ice to the room in 5 mins.
The rooms are good size and very clean. The king bed with 6 pillows and perfect mattress was a god send!!
The restroom had double doors but a big gap in the middle. There was no hand held showerhead and the water pressure was so weak that my showers felt like a marathon.
This hotel was great for my business trip but not a spot for the family.
At the price from Priceline I will stay here again again in the future for my business trips.
I was in Korea past November. Will be travling there at leat 5 times a year. If the same deal comes up this is the best for your money!!!!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker like me, get the rooms on the 8th floor. It's bit larger than the 29th floor...
1 Thank Masheja
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I often stayed in JW Marriotts around the world and have very good impression about the brand. Neverthless one in Seoul disappointed me. The staff is not properly trained. They seemed to exisit for their own pride. Security guards are there to protect their property not the guests of the hotel. The room service is not what you would expect from five star hotels. With a little bit more money I would stay in Shilla or Hyatt i Seoul. The traffic is horrible and expect delays in-and-outs. I cherish my memories in staying in most of JW Marriott brands but not this one. However, the room was spacipus. No bidet though.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank davidohm

US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lived this hotel. Great fitness gym and my room was very comfortable.
Overpriced, though.
Everyone seemed to speak English.

I was told that the breakfast buffet is open from 6am upon check- in, so I went there at 6:15. It was open to sit at the table for coffee, but had to wait until 6:30 to eat. They did not tell me this.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Not the best location for walking around, but taxis are inexpensive. Gym is awesome, staff is helpful and pretty good location. We stayed here because we are marriott reward members. i got a scrub at the sauna for 33$. It was good and so was the sauna. restaurants in the hotel are decent but overpriced. you can walk next door to the shopping mall for korean ,sushi or chinese food. the shopping mall is luxury brands that are super expensive! i would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kimberly shea K

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the time I arrived at the JW Seoul, my experience was nothing short of excellent. I was greeted in perfect English by each staff member on my way to the check-in counter. Once up to my room, my high expectations for a JW property were met and perhaps even exceeded. The room was clean and had a great cove area where I could set up my computer and work. Internet was extremely quick and reliable (as it usually is in Seoul). Bed was very comfortable, and TV had plenty of Korean and international stations.

Location: I chose this hotel based on my business activities, and it turned out to be a convenient gateway to anywhere you wish to go. As you walk out of the hotel and into the Shinsegae Department Store, head down a couple floors to B1 and you have access to the bus terminals and can travel throughout the city. While I did not use the bus to sight see on this trip, I did take advantage of the shopping centers when I had down time. There are plenty of great coffee shops at the 1st level, and the station had plenty of low-cost shopping (especially clothing). You are also connected to the Go To Mall which seems to have never-ending rows of shopping.

Food: While I spent most of my meals outside the hotel, the breakfast buffet is excellent and meets JW's high expectations. If you want to save a few bucks and are not hungry enough for a full buffet, you can head to level 1 and grab a quick coffee and pastry or sandwich.

Departure: When leaving, there is a great option to take a bus back to the Incheon Int'l Airport. For just W 15,000 (around 15 bucks), you can ride a comfortable bus (#6020) about 45 minutes back to the airport. To get there, simply proceed to level one, exit to the street level and cross the street. There are plenty of signs at the station to guide you. The JW concierge can also help.

Overall, this hotel helped to make my visit to Seoul a great experience. Thank you to all the helpful staff, and I will be back soon on my next business trip.

1 Thank DavidM_1984_2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for business 4 nights. Before you can even get to the front desk or concierge, someone walks up to see how they can help you. Eating or drinking at the hotel (ie $200 sashimi platter, $23 US martini)is uber expensive, but top notch. Buffet is worth the $ and lots of high end seafood. There are great casual eateries connected to the hotel through a short indoor walk. Train or upscale bus (about $15 US) go directly from Incheon or Gimpo airport to the "Express Bus Terminal" right next to the hotel.

2 Thank Paul K

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are big and comfortable. The bathrooms are also very comfortable. The hotel is next to a luxury department store. It has also a good location. The restaurants are excellent. The concierges are kindly and they are so helpful. They help me with one tour that I requested at the last moment and with my luggages. The front desk people are nice, they also explain you anything from the city and from the hotel. The lounge is located on the 30th floor so you also can have great city view. The breakfast time at the lounge is small but it is ok and if you are in a hurry it is the best way to get your breakfast. The only thing I didn't like, it is that it is far from the airport, I arrived at the rush hour and it took me more than one hour to get there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple