“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Papeete, French Polynesia
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Hotel is near train and bus station so easy accesses to and from airport. Also shopping and restaurants. Room was huge for Asian standards, in fact even for American standards. One way I judge cleanliness is in the bathroom and mine was spotless. Room was very comfortable in all aspects. Large flat screen TV with good channel selection, comfortable bed and linens, large work desk and nice appointments.
The gym here is really one of the best I have seen in any hotel in the world. Set up like a professional gym not some half attempt hotel gym. Included an Olympic size lane lap pool and I mean Olympic! You could have competitions here. Really amazing work out facilities for the fit traveler.
I dined at the Italian restaurant downstairs and the food was very good. Again most hotel dinning leaves something to be desired particularly one serving European fare. Everyone in our party of 4 enjoyed their particular selections.
The only reason I did not rate this a 5 is because the service while very good was not excellent. And this being the higher end JW property I would expect that level of service. I really had no issues and everyone was professional. But for example I have had better service at the Marriott Resort and Spa in Pattaya, Swiss Hotel in Osaka and the Mandarin Oriental in Manila. I have also had poor service at comparable hotels in NYC, Los Angeles and Hawaii. I am being picky here, its the smile, the subtle graciousness the small nuances that were missing that make a 5 star hotel service.
So the property rates a 5+ and the service 4+.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed just one night during a week long trip to Seoul for business and was very happy with the JW Marriott. I arranged a pick-up from the airport and this worked well and I was in the car within one minute of leaving the arrival hall. The room was excellent, large and well appointed and the hotel service standard was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 13, 2014

Moline
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is an outstanding property. Great service. Easy access by Bus from ICN or Subway. The rooms are spacious. The breakfast superb. Having read some of the less than positive reviews, I can attest none hold water. The rates and cost of amenities are 5 star hotel rates and the value equals that recieved. Stay here.

• Stayed November 2012

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Clean modern hotel with excellent service. We had access to the lounge with Marriott Platinum status and they had an excellent breakfast selection every morning and drinks and snacks in the evening.

Staff were very helpful, we had an issue where the toilet would not flush and it was fixed within 30 mins and they brought a box of chocolates to apologize for the inconvenience.

Location is good - away from the expat ghetto of Itawan, connected to a mall with a Shinsegae and the subway in the basement. Close to Gangnam and Apugong for dinner / drinks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Arlington
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wonderful Hotel in the central location. Superb service and amentities. We stayed here for 7 nights on vacation in November. Great customer service with invisible room service. Connected with big Department store via bridge and has direct connection with underground shopping and Metro Station. At the LL level 3 restraunts, highly recommend Chineese Ming Ho. Executive Lounge wonderful place to rest and get great snaks and drinks after 5pm.

Room Tip: Upper floor with river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for five days with my wife. Most service was above average. Gym/spa was very nice. Executive lounge was cozy and food was delicious. Staff are cooperative. Room is clean and not small. Big shopping mall is next to the hotel. However, check in and checking out are concerns here. When we arrived at the hotel, nobody cared about us. We had to manage our luggage for check in. Check out was done at executive lounge however we were surprised to see our luggage left outside hotel lobby. Again we had to manage our luggage back to our car. Hotel doesn't have a dedicated parking area for hotel guests. Lobby and gym are too crowded by locals. The hotel may be suitable for business traveller however it is not recommendable for family trip. The hotel seems to care more for the locals not for the hotel guests.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Shawnnz

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at JW Marriott, Seoul for a week from 21st October, 2012. Full marks to them in all aspects. Except a small initial hiccup where they assigned me a room with queen bed (despite my file stating a King bed - which they fixed after insisting during check-in) the stay was fantastic. The rooms are awesome with a nice view of the city around you, the staff are very courteous and attentive. I had left my shirt back; they emailed me couple of days after checkout, requesting me to send my address so that they can ship my shirt, And it did arrive today !! A nice gesture by Marriott. However, I do have a suggestion - As a vegetarian, I knew it was going to be tough in Korea. I was hopping that Marriott would have a few choices in their menu which unfortunately was not the case. They could probably add a couple of stuff in their dining menu to satisfy the occasional vegans like me.

Seoul has a unique layout where everything seems to be subterranean - be it shops or cinema halls. The hotel is connected to the Shinshega Mall. It also has a huge number of shops / eateries in the basement and is connected to the Express Bus Terminal Bus Station & Subway Station (3 levels down via escalators). There is a Cinema hall too in the second basement. So essentially you will never be at loss on what to do if you are bored.

Room Tip: Try getting the rooms facing the Han river in the upper floors...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business