“You'll get no dissenting opinion from me”

JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
Ranked #10 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is awesome, just like everyone said it was. The room was elegant and all had complimentary services hiding behind every corner. The spa and fitness center are remarkable. There is a rock wall hidden behind the fitness center, which for me was an incredible surprise. If you have Marriott rewards and are afforded the executive lounge, don't waste any time getting up there. It is worth it. I will make it a point to always stay here when I come back to Seoul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Seoul

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed only once here for about 4 weeks and enjoyed every moment of my stay at this hotel. The one of the best part of this hotel is attention and fulfillment of needs for each traveler. The rooms are clean, spacious and excellent service starts as soon you land in Seoul. One of my need was accepted by the hotel was, they have arranged a microwave oven in the room, this has made me comfortable in making the arrangement's to cook/heat Indian food. Each days stay was so amazing because of the location of this hotel. If i get an opportunity to travel again to Seoul, JWM will be my default choice.

Room Tip: Location and JWM itself is the name to look for. Other things are taken care by the staff and manage...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Rajesh_International

Reviewed July 17, 2012

JW was the first hotel we had to stay in in Seoul, after 14 hrs flight, all we needed is a bit of pampering. we had pick up arranged with the hotel, so we had chance to experience the hospitality of Marriott from the airport. Everything was great, rooms, staff, location. I really enjoyed our short stay but i am sure i will never forget it.

Room Tip: when you check in, as the rooms on a higher floor facing the river, so at night you can see the rain...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was treated like royalty as soon as I arrived. The rooms were big and full of little gadgets. Also the desk had built in converters so I could charge all my things. The bathroom was large with a separate shower and bath, which I liked a lot. Also there are so many things to do at this hotel and the spa was my favorite. Everything that you may need, like an ice cream run, is inside this hotel. Just have your wallet ready.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jassy_Mitch

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was visiting with friends on a 2 day break on the way back from Hawaii. I had a room on the 15th floor with a king bed.
Location:
Nice. Interconnected to a large mall so enough to do and numerous eateries in case you are tired of hotel food. Close to bus stand and the underground. Couldnt figure the city completely, so not sure if it was the 'cool' area to be in.
Room:
Fantastic. Mine was particularly large compared to my friends'. Spanking bathroom. Lovely view of the city. Most importantly, everything worked - all the electronics, AC, safe, lights, etc.
Service:
Personalized attention. Quick room service. Exceptional attentiveness and flexibility at the restaurants. Helpful and efficient concierge desk, who helped me organize a tour of the city with a personal guide. Only the check in could have been faster.
Food:
Outstanding! Had the Chinese, Japanese and some stuff at the lobby cafe, all were great.
Gym, Pool, Spa:
Massive gym, havent seen a bigger one in a hotel. Great size pool with lanes for laps. The pool had work out equipment in the water on one side of the pool. There was even a 4m depth pool to practice / learn scuba diving... thats the first time i have seen one in a hotel! The spa was very nice, not exceptional, but the masseuse was highly experienced.
Negatives:
They didnt know what a grilled cheese sandwich was!!! Served me 3 slice of toast with cheddar in between and charged be almost USD 25 for it.
That brings me to me to the biggest -ve about the hotel, its was way too expensive! But, i think i will stay here again when in Seoul next.

Room Tip: If alone or with a partner, ask for a room with a king bed, the seem to be larger than the ones with...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chgandhi

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Concierge lounge was excellent! Staff friendly and very helpful. Room clean, comfortable, quiet. Minor problem was AC automatically cut back at 2AM. Called front desk and within minutes staff brought up cold juice, ice and a small fan. Now that's service. Will definitely return to this hotel on next trip to Seoul.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Very well located, spacious rooms, very nice staff and a wonderful breakfast.