“Would stay here again!”

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Would stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Great location.

Clean, well equipped and comfortable. The room comes with electric points are facing up on the main desk, so when you use them even your loose plus points will stay in place. I hope I am explaining this clearly. They are also like an international adaptor.

Spacious, comfy bed. Lots of pillows.

Food is great. Great breakfast selection, great room service selection (especially for 24 hours). Room service is excellent and 24-hours. The receptionist taking our orders speaks good English.

The check-in/check-out counters need to improve their English a little bit more as we had 3 rooms, and they didn't understand about billing them all in one bill. So we had to check out&pay for each one separately. However, they were efficient at executing it, so not much time was wasted.

In any case, in general staff in this hotel I met are warm, friendly and competent. If they didn't know something, they would get the information needed. I would definitely stay here again if I get to visit Seoul again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ana R
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Hello this is Matthew Cooper, new General Manager at JW Marriott Seoul. I appreciate your time to share your comments with us and look forward to your return in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Kindest regards,

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

This was our last property to stay in during our S.E. Asia trip and it exceeded our expectations! We were treated to a room on the 32nd floor with a north facing view, it was amazing. The Lounge on 30th floor was one of the best we have ever seen. Great snacks, treats, meals and drinks.....throughout the day. Hotel is very crisp, clean, sharp and modern. Next door to amazing shopping and transportation choices. So....excellent location, too.

Room Tip: Upper floors and north facing view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times,it is a bit expensive but worth it !!.
The rooms are large and very clean, the bathrooms are very well appointed.The staff are excellent. The breakfast room can be busy and you may have to wait for a table at weekends.

Best to get an executive room as this will allow you to have breakfast in the executive lounge and avoid the crowds in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Get an executive room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Renard06
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Classy hotel, free and fast Internet access. Well placed location, walking distance to top clas restaurants and CBD. Outside taxi waiting area has heaters, nice touch too

Room Tip: Above 15th floor for a good view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I needed a room for a night in Seoul so I searched a usual good hotels but all of them were sold out and one that do have rooms, it was outrageously expensive so I decided to use points to stay at JW Marriott Seoul hotel. It is a new hotel so you can expect a clean and modern features throughout the hotel. Finding the hotel wasn’t so easy so be aware if you have a rental car. I would recommend taking a taxi if you haven’t been to this part of the town.

Hotel features and amenities – Great hotel with all modern features and executive lounge access for those with gold membership or qualifying room upgrades

Room - Including fast internet access, TV, connections to the TV from the desk using HDMI and VGA cable so if you want to watch video you have taken in the afternoon it was easy. Just sign up with Marriott rewards and the internet is free. I’ve stayed with one king bed and it was very comfortable.

Bathroom – It was clean and has a separate shower booth which was great. Typical assortment of bathroom amenities were available so if you did not bring your own, you can get by with provided kit.

Air Conditioning- It worked well and maintained a comfortable temperature. Since the temperature outside was little chilly, I used heat setting but considering new hotel, AC should work just as well.

Parking- It was not easy to find a parking space when I arrived at 6 PM on Saturday. I would recommend dropping car with valet which they will take the car to valet only spot. All parking spots are underground and it is on the tight classification due to space was designed for compact but cars are becoming more larger. I rented a Hyundai Sonata and by the time I found a parking spot, had to fold both mirror and was able to barely get out of the driver’s seat. Take the ticket to have the front desk validate since it is costly without validation.

Concierge staff- Very friendly and willing to assist as soon as I entered the hotel. Since I only had a one bag with wheels, I declined for their help to carry it to my room. The level of service was the same when I checkout the next day. Soon as they saw me from exiting the elevator, one person approached and took my bag and waited until checkout was complete.

Executive lounge – I sampled the executive lounge but the place was a zoo when I went in. It was full of people and no table available to seat. I could not find the hotel staff to assist so just looked around for an empty table. Found one in a few minutes but too many kids in the lounge so I did not enjoy the time spent there. I prefer more cozy and quiet setting. Most of food were gone due to so many people there so I had a beer and left the place.

Hotel restaurants – Since my stay was for one night, I did not get to try any of the restaurants or room service but if you decide to eat inside, I would expect to be about par with other five star hotels in Seoul based on menu offering.

Hotel Location – This hotel is somewhat offbeat location compared to other hotels. Distance wise, it is probably a few miles but due to heavy traffic, it makes more difficult to access. In addition, not many shops or restaurants within walking distance so needed to walk a bit or taxi. After parking ordeal, I did not want to take rental car out again so I used taxi which are very easy to find.

View – It is great since hotel rises high and nothing to block the view. However, it is still city view but better than looking at other tall building in front of it.

Room rate- I used points to stay but if I were to pay for the room, it would have cost $300 UDS per night during the period I’ve stayed. I’ve seen low average of $220 to high average of $350 for single room. Sometime this hotel is more expensive than the Ritz-Carlton which is nearby so be sure to compare the cost. Renaissance hotel is also nearby if you want to try it and it is cheaper than both hotels

Room Tip: Sign up with Marriott Rewards or Chase Marriott credit card if you can.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jediplay
Gilford, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I just completed my first trip to Seoul, and I had the privilege of staying at this hotel for two weeks. The warmth and hospitality of the staff, the comfort and luxury of the rooms, the fantastic amenities, and the wide variety of food options make this THE place to stay. The hotel is also conveniently located next to wonderful shopping venues and to the subway system. I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views of the city and of the Han River.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hildasieg
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

JW Marriot Seoul

Stayed here 3 nights and I was very impressed with this establishment. Located in Seochu-gu this hotel has everything one could mostly want whilst staying in this amazing city.

From the moment I arrived I found the service friendly and efficient, Check in was a breeze and my bags where whisked away in moments to my room.

The Hotel is equipped very nicely with multiple restaurants and bars and is located above A large department store and shopping mall. A large bus station is next door as is the subway and within a 10min walk there is quite cosmopolitan bar and restaurant area with a real local feel. You will not want for anything around this area.

My room on the 16th Floor was very well appointed, I really liked the decor of room it was really fresh and bright and very well arranged with an extremely comfortable bed, great TV, fast internet and really nothing to find fault with.

Likewise the bathroom was very nice, A marble bathroom with separate Bath and Shower twin bowl sink etc which was also well stocked with quality convenience items. Once again nothing to fault.

The room had a very functional desk and work space which was extremely useful, the fast and free internet was an added bonus the mini bar was well stocked an not unreasonable in its prices. Overall the room felt very new and very fresh and well maintained.

Each day the executive lounge facilities where made available, The breakfast selection I found very good and the view whilst misty and rainy most of the time made breakfast a relaxing experience. The lounge staff where also very efficient at assisting in some shopping queries and recommending airport transfers if needed.

Seoul has not shortage of business hotels with all the big brands represented, I cannot really fault any aspect of the Marriot in Seoul, the folks here should be proud of the product they are delivery and be proud they more than likely match it with the best of Seoul’s Hotel offerings.

Great Hotel Well Done Folks!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business