Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews front office nice hotel doksan mason sauna tubs supermarket shopping english proximity kitchenette coz bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I needed to join a meeting in the area and I was quite satisfied of my stay.

OK, the Doksan area is not the nicest of Seoul, but as I had no choice of the location I needed to stay in the area ....
It has all you need, spacious clean and comfortable rooms, but also good food, nice service, WiFi and cable internet, quite large TV channels choice and the staff speaks well English.

In the side streets around the hotel you have plenty of local restaurants and there is a kind of shopping mall across the street with a supermarket.

Then why not give a 5...?
I keep that for the case the hotel exceeds my expectations, and the surroundings need to be nicer.... but nothing to do with the property.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Benchmarker
Se-Yong, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doxan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Vauled guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Making a family trip with my family during Mid-Autumm festival in China. We like Novotel because our children can sleep with us at a reasonable rate (even making the room tiny)

PRICE/ QUALITY RATE (7/10): 140€ - bedroom + kitchen + sofa
LOCATION (5/10): almost 20 minutes walking from Subway stations. Was it so difficult to use the shuttle bus every hour? They are able to drive 100m to the airport bus station, but not to the subway,
ROOM (9/10): nice and clean
WIFI: (4/10): you have to pay for it and average speed.
BREAKFAST: (6/10): good quality, low variety, but it takes a lot of time to refill.
STAFF (5/10): too serious. They don´t wanted to give as the booked room and we have to complain a lot (but finally they upgrade to a better one)
RESTAURANT (5/10): very poor
AMENITIES (6/10): just average (due to the upgrade we have microwave and refrigerator)

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Eduardo G
Se-Yong, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doxan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Seoul Ambassador Doksan. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel is nice, with relatively newly renovated rooms. The service was according to my expectations for this type of hotel. We booked the hotel because it had much more competitive prices compared to the hotels downtown. We also knew that it was some distance to the city center, but perhaps not THAT far. It will take you around 10-15 minutes to walk to the Doksan subway station and then 40-50 minutes to the City Hall station. The Doksan subway station was easy to find. Turn left when you are outside the lobby and the first road to the right. Follow this road down a small slope and you will walk right into the station. We did not try the fitness center or the swimming pool in the hotel, but the staff said it was open. The breakfast was okay. We had some walks in the hotel surroundings and it was not that much to do. There is a shopping center on the other side of the road some hundred meters down in the city center (north) direction. You'll find a cheap Italian restaurant there and Outback in the basement.

Room tip: There is some traffic noise in the rooms facing the main road, but it is not a big problem. Try one of the rooms facing east (backyard). On the 11th floor they have number 1112, 1114, 1116 and so on.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ratata

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our room in the hotel was nice in terms of the decor and size, but it was little stuffy especially in the middle of the Korean summer. The staff members were polite but sometime were snotty. The entrie gym and pool were also under repair during the five days we were there - it would have been nice to know in advance and/or have the contruction done so guests could at least use part of the facilities.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Borbely G
Se-Yong, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Doxan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012