“Perfect way to end our Honeymoon”

Ranked #61 of 475 Hotels in Seoul
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect way to end our Honeymoon”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

On behalf of my wife and I we would really love to thank Grand Ambassador for our most welcoming stay in seoul from the 7th or april to the 12th.

Even from the first steps on the ground we already felt royal, having had a most busy 10 day tour in china prior we were so tired to even carry our bags, but the porters where so nice and welcoming with their smiles.

We would love to thank Mr Son the receptionist who checked us in he knows everything and where everything is!!, also we would love to thank Jake as he is the best as what he does he took our bags to our room and even had the time show us how to use and work the lights and everything in our room.

Big thanks to housekeeping for their most welcome smiles and the job they did, big thanks for room service for their yummy food great value for money we spent, also the hotel provides free shuttle bus every hour on the hour service to the local shopping places that is prefect for tourist attractions at night also! and it is only a 10min bus ride and you can enjoy the view also while on the bus as it goes near a palace at 12pm and 3pm you can see a show where warriors dress up and perform a little story and its every day!.

thanks again, we highly recommend this hotel for honeymooners, or even people on business also the breakfast buffet was amazing also so much to pick from and staff are very friendly, defiantly under rated service in south korea, you MUST stay here! the gym is great there is a teacher or Personal Trainer also that i saw which was great and nice pool and even mini golf!.

Room Tip: Any room showing the flags is great view of the location you are at can get noise but you rather a g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mitchell R
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Mitchell R,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon with us. Thank you for recognizing our top performers such as Mr. Son, Mr.Jake and housekeepers who always try to go above and beyond. I am very proud to work with them. In addition, we very much appreciate you for being a great advocate for the hotel by mentioning our great staff, shuttle service, fitness and The King’s breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

Warm regards,

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is our fifth stay at the Ambassador - this time for 16 nights. The staff willingly accommodate any request (ours was for a larger room) and the ladies in housekeeping are fantastic. Nothing is too difficult.
The hotel is 200 meters from the station and has 3 convenience stores within 100 meters. Taxis to and from major tourist attractions are cheap - often around 5000W. There is also a courtesy bus running all day and into the evening on the hour. Airport Limosine transfer also pulls up at the front door.
The rooms are always clean and the concierge, reception staff and door men are always happy and obliging. The Ambassador feels like our home away from home.
Donovans (Australia)

• Stayed April 2014
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear KMDMJDJHKD,

Warm greetings from Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us especially the helpful staff, accommodations and the location. Also, I was really happy to see that you have stayed in our property for 5 times.

Thank you again for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

Honolulu
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Excellent amenities for the traveling business person; comfort and efficiency everywhere you turn with a very friendly and helpful staff that is looking to assist whenever they can. The rooms on the business floors are geared to help you focus on what you need to accomplish...with very little interruptions. Location is close enough to good restaurants if you choose to venture out. Direct bus routes to and from the airport is a huge convenience!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 808ghn
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear 808ghn,

Warm greetings from Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us especially the helpful staff and the location.

Warm regards,

hong kong
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel (April 5-8). Choosing this is because of its good location. All major spots can be easily accessed either by the hotel shuttle or subway (esp to Gangnam area, where there is no need to change trains to shopping places like Sinsa Dong, changing trains in Seoul can be a quite a bit of walk). The indoor pool is the added feature which is the reason I picked this hotel again for morning swim.

The staff at the hotel spoke good English and communication was not a problem. Special thanks to Jake at the concierge helping me with directions and dinner reservation.

During my last stay, I noted the washroom was dated and stains were on the edges of the tub. I mentioned this on Trip Advisor and was responded by the management that for next day I can request a renovated room. I was assigned room 714 this time and when I asked if I could stay in the renovated room, I was told they were on the higher floors. The condition of the room and washroom are the same as my last stay, with stain on the edges of the tub. As I booked the hotel this time through an agent and was a hotel+air package, I am not sure if that was I why I could not be assigned to a room at higher floors where rooms were renovated though I already asked as advised. This disappointed me a bit as I deliberately picked this hotel for its good location and service. Maybe this is tradeoff for the washroom condition.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank yoyohk
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear yoyohk,

Warm greetings from Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

We very much appreciate you for returning to Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman. I was very pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us again.

I have shared your comments with Mr. Jake Choi and all of our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

One thing I regret to hear is that you did not have opportunity to try our Deluxe room this time. Please accept sincere apologies for disappointing you. Since our Deluxe room is so popular, I would highly recommend you to book one in advance for your next visit so you could fully enjoy the new modern design of it. We appreciate you for your understanding.

Thank you again for the comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul Associated with Pullman.

southampton
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent staff , atmosphere and service. The food was terrific and the locale was perfect. We traveled to Seoul on business for the special Steampunk exhibit at the Hangaram Design Museum which was an approx.$10. cab fare.The room was comfortable & relaxing and well accommodated for organizing business affairs. The hotel's convenient 20 minute shuttle ride to the two great markets surrounding the amazing ,glamorous, from soup to nuts Lotte Dept. store made shopping and seeing the sights a breeze. Some great deals and the dollar is strong. ( Ladies, don't forget to visit the skin care shops, Innesfree,Too Cool for School& Etudes as well as the Zara boutique within the Myeong-Dong markets. Also pay a visit to the world-class wine and food market downstairs in the Lotte Dept store.) The hotel is immaculate,the beds are wonderfully comfortable ( this was the first trip where my husband didn't bring or need his own pillow) and sleeping was a dream. The softly lit, heated toilets made navigating midnight bathroom trips easy without any additional night light.. The food in the bistro was reasonable, creative and well prepared. There's a 7/11 right at the corner if you need some quick aspririn, cookies or hair gel :) All in all, we had an excellent stay and would frequent the Grand Ambassador again on any occasion, business or otherwise. The room service breakfast is a bit pricey but when it's not included in the rate when isn't it?..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear lampgod127,

Warm greetings from Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

We very much appreciate your detailed comments regarding your stay at Grand Ambassador Seoul Associated with Pullman. I was pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay.

In reference to the pricy room service charge, there are two main reasons you might felt the price of the room service was high. One is hotels use high quality of fresh ingredients and the other is the labor that is relatively high in hotels due to high qualifications. One thing I can assure is that our price is very competitive among the similar establishments in Seoul. We appreciate you for your understanding.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it has a sauna and swimming pool. I paid full internet price. No discounts! I thought I was paying for the room and use of their facilities. WRONG! On my first visit to the sauna and pool I was told I was prohibited from using these facilities as I have tattoos. I wrote a complaint to the manager who replied with a copy of the policy with the No.1 rule. No Tattoos Allowed. As I had prepaid the room I could not get a refund and go elsewhere. I think in was entitled to a part refund as I was not allowed to use their facilities I had paid for. This partly ruined my holiday as I enjoy the use of sauna and pool! This is not a blanket policy for all hotels in Korea! Just the intolerant conservative hotels like Grand Ambassador Korea. I wouldn't go to this hotel again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brettbam
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear. brettbam,

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

First of all, please accept sincere apologies for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay.

In regard to the tattoos, in accordance to the local law, we do stipulate that the guest with tattoos cannot access the sauna or swimming pool. I would like to ask for your kind understanding.

At Grand Ambassador Seoul, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction and I apologize that we did not meet your or our own expectations on this occasion. We deeply value our customers and we are committed to provide you with the highest level of service just simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely