“so so stay at Grand Ambassador Seoul Associated Pullman”

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman
Ranked #59 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Indonesia
“so so stay at Grand Ambassador Seoul Associated Pullman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Front desk hotel staff is friendly and able to speak English. Room is spacious with great comfortable bed and a pillow menu. However after a night's stay, I found the smell from the toilet in my room was a bit unpleasant, considering this is a 5* hotel I thought they would ensure clean fresh air at all times. am not sure if the smell was because of smoking from other rooms travelling thru the air wells. I did call the front desk to lodge my complain, but general answer given was that its non-smoking room, and I could change room only the next day if i wanted to. I didnt want the hassle considering i only stayed for 3 nights.
The complementary shuttle service to Myeongdong and itaewon was great convenience though. The nearest subway is about a good 10 minutes away.

I wish to register a great dissapointment though - we have to board taxis not right at the front step of the hotel lobby but have to walk out by the roadside where the taxi was waiting for passengers. I find this unacceptable service for a 5* hotel , furthermore the weather was still a freezing 5degrees Celcius. perhaps the hotel could look into how they could improve the route to allow taxi to drive in to pick up hotel passengers right infront of the hotel lobby instead of making them walk to the front roadside.
On my check out, just imagine that I and my daughter had to carry 2 big luggages on our own to the taxis outside the roadside while the bell boy (yes young chap !) only carried our paper shopping bags. surely this is not Korea culture ? I expect a 5* hotel could afford to train their doorman and bell boy basic customer service !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank L2tan
GrandAmbassadorGM, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Itand,

First of all, thank you for choosing Grand Ambassador Seoul and sharing your experience at the hotel. We are disappointed to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. Please accept sincere apologies for any inconvenience due to smoke odor and unhelpful door staff. I can assure that this was isolated incidents and norm at Grand Ambassador Seoul. We have addressed the issues to avoid the same nature of issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I do hope that you have not lost complete confidence in us and we can continue to welcome you here at Grand Ambassador Seoul whenever your travel brings you to Seoul. Please contact me directly for your next visit so that I can look after.

Best regards,

JK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Booked this hotel under a very reasonably-priced package, so I'd expected a pretty old 4.5-star hotel, formerly Sofitel. We took a KAL limousine to the hotel, which took about 1.5 hours and dropped us right in front of the hotel. When we got off, I found the hotel very decent, modern and clean. The front desk staff was helpful and offered us free wifi for the whole stay. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Hotel facilities include indoor swimming pool, gym and mini golf etc. - though I didn't have time to enjoy them, it felt good to have these available :)

I won’t say the location is prime as it’s not right in the middle of Myeong-dong, but the hotel provides free shuttles to Myeong-dong, Insa-dong and Dongdaemun, interval 1 hour, from 9:30am-9:30pm. In any event, it takes less than 5 minutes' walk to subway station Dongguk University. Since taxi fare in Seoul is not expensive, I don’t think its location is a weakness at all. From the hotel to Myeong-dong, the taxi fare is no more than KWR3000.

Room Tip: No air-con during winter - the room may be a bit stuffy, but all you need to do is leave the window...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Ambassador. We were very pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon. Thank you again for feedback.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a large business-level hotel. The staff is very helpful and the lobby is nice if a bit small. Hotel breakfast buffet is large and excellent, if a bit expensive (like everything else in Seoul). However, the rooms are not all up to grade. The drain in my shower didn't drain until after it had flooded most of the bathroom floor (and the water drained into another drain in the floor), a bit of an experience. Air conditioning didn't work so the room was quite stuffy. In addition, there seemed no way to turn off all the lights without turning off all the power in the room, so sleep with the light on or recharge your computer/phone at night, but not both.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. It was pleasure to hear that you felt our staff was very helpful and the king’s was excellent….On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that shower drain did not work in your room and condition of the room was not up to your expectation. We are updating our facility with our long term plan. We recently renovated our deluxe room and we are currently renovating our function rooms and more to follow….Unfortunately, we have a centralized heating & air-condition system that we can only use either AC or Heater at a time which means AC will be turned off in cool temperature and the heater is turned off in warm temperature. That was why you were not able to use AC in the room. What we can do for you for your next visit is to give you a cooler room, rooms in some area of the hotel is cooler than others if this does not work we can also provide a fan as well….Last not least, we have a power control box next to bed that it can control all the lights in the room. Please contact me directly for your next visit so that I can personally assist you.

We thank you again for your comment. We do hope that you have not lost complete confidence in us and we can continue to welcome you back to Grand Ambassador Seoul whenever your travel brings you to Seoul.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hotel was very stylish and clean. My room was back facing and had a view of the Seoul Tower. The staff were friendly and helpful. One of the door men was nice enough to draw me a map to a near by restaurant that was delicious. He informed me, they don't speak english but there are pictures for every item on their menu. This was very helpful information, being that I only memorized the normal tourist phrases.
I left a tip for the Housekeeper with a note that said, "Thank you", in Korean (It looked like a child wrote the note with his off hand). The Housekeeper took the time to thank me in return. This according to another staff member. It's little things like this that make my day.
Over all, I was very happy with the Grand Ambassador Seoul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandAmbassadorGM, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment regarding your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. We were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The best part is that u get a KAL Limousine directly from Airport ($ 15 ) at doorsteps of hotel so quite convenient. The rooms are good and clean. The travel desk staff (Ms. Shin) guided us incorrectly for changing the subway lines on subway map. May be most of the time she was busy on phone rather giving proper inputs. Secondly, next day I came @ 7.45 AM for breakfast in slippers and she insisted that we can not take breakfast in slippers, that ridiculous and humiliating. Last 5 days prior to Seoul, I was in Hotel Park (Tokyo) and Hotel Swissotel (Osaka) and had been taking breakfast @ 7.30 in slippers only. Even no where else (in Europe / Singapore etc) I have seen this stupid dress code. Would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify what we think has happened, to rectify the situation and to provide superior service to all of our guests.

First, I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies for the ill feeling you received from our staff as they notified you of our dress code. It must have been very frustrating as you were used to wearing slippers to the restaurants at the previous hotels you visited on your trip. However, hotels have varying regulations and standards depending on their location and the types of services they offer. For the Grand Ambassador Seoul, it is our aim to offer our customers the very best experience through superior service and products. In order to provide this, we have placed a dress code for the safety of our guests and our staff. You have expressed your dissatisfaction with our dress code policy for the King’s Live Buffet. As the nature of this restaurant is a buffet, we have numerous guests and also staff members walking around. For this reason, we have asked that guests not wear clothing items and/ or shoes that may be conducive to accidents. Unfortunately, slippers are one of those items restricted to minimize such events. I can assure you that there is no intention of humiliating guest for this restriction but rather only the safety concern for our guests and staff. However, if you were offended by the way our staff handled the notification of the restriction, I sincerely apologize and this matter will be addressed at the staff meeting and training sessions.

As for the wrong information you received from our travel desk staff about subway transfer lines, again, we would like to offer our sincerest apology. I know how exasperating it is to be given the wrong information by someone designated to help you navigate through a foreign city or to have the information be unclear due to language barriers. We will make sure through further training to ensure that clear and accurate information is relayed to our guests at all times.

Although you have expressed you intent not to visit us again, I hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to make things right. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Seoul, Korea.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at the Grand Ambassador in Seoul in March 2013 with my husband . The Limousine Bus from Incheon dropped us off at the hotel. The staff were friendly, the room was impeccable, very modern & clean. The breakfast buffet was amazing - a huge range of extremely fresh Asian and Europead food. The hotel is well located near a metro stop and the lovely Namsan Park. The price was reasonable - overall highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandAmbassadorGM, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your great experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. It was pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul soon.

Regards,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was freezing winter and the airport shuttle took us straight to the doorsteps of Grand Ambassador. Bell service was prompt and polite, and so was the front counter service. We were promptly checked in and helped to our room. Superior Room was spacious enough and our room had the Seoul Tower view. Beautiful at night. Room came with nespresso makers with 2 free capsules per day. Please bring your own dental kit as toothbrush and toothpaste are not provided and chargeable. Housekeeping is ok but not immaculate. The pluses of this hotel are that it is a walkable distance downhill to dongguk station, free shuttle buses that depart regularly (please get shuttle schedule from concierge) to myeongdong, dongdaemun, etc, and is a short walk to 2 convenience stores round the corner. If you miss the shuttle, you can always catch a taxi from myeongdong at a few bucks. Grand Ambassador is really value for money and convenient. Rooms are comfy and service is good. I would love to be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable. Your comment will serve as an encouragement to all of us… Accor focuses on sustainable development and one of the campaigns we do is that to avoid using disposable item. That is the reason why we charge tooth brush and paste is to discourage usage of disposable item…We are sorry to hear that housekeeping was not immaculate. Our housekeeping director has addressed your comment to avoid the same issue.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul soon.