Front desk hotel staff is friendly and able to speak English. Room is spacious with great comfortable bed and a pillow menu. However after a night's stay, I found the smell from the toilet in my room was a bit unpleasant, considering this is a 5* hotel I thought they would ensure clean fresh air at all times. am not sure if the smell was because of smoking from other rooms travelling thru the air wells. I did call the front desk to lodge my complain, but general answer given was that its non-smoking room, and I could change room only the next day if i wanted to. I didnt want the hassle considering i only stayed for 3 nights.
The complementary shuttle service to Myeongdong and itaewon was great convenience though. The nearest subway is about a good 10 minutes away.
I wish to register a great dissapointment though - we have to board taxis not right at the front step of the hotel lobby but have to walk out by the roadside where the taxi was waiting for passengers. I find this unacceptable service for a 5* hotel , furthermore the weather was still a freezing 5degrees Celcius. perhaps the hotel could look into how they could improve the route to allow taxi to drive in to pick up hotel passengers right infront of the hotel lobby instead of making them walk to the front roadside.
On my check out, just imagine that I and my daughter had to carry 2 big luggages on our own to the taxis outside the roadside while the bell boy (yes young chap !) only carried our paper shopping bags. surely this is not Korea culture ? I expect a 5* hotel could afford to train their doorman and bell boy basic customer service !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman is centrally located in Seoul and has easy access to major shopping, entertainment, and business areas such as City Hall, Gwanghwamun, Dongdaemun, Myeongdong and Namsan. We boast 413 rooms offering free WiFi, 6 restaurants, 12 meetings and conference rooms, and a large fitness center which includes a swimming pool and spa. Aesthetically appealing with a modern and attractive decor, the hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Ambassador Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Grand Ambassador Hotel Seoul
- Sofitel Seoul
- Seoul Grand Ambassador Hotel
- Seoul Sofitel