“really satisfied”

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman
Ranked #64 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed March 3, 2013

transportation is a little inconvenient.
there is no direct limousine bus after 10:20pm.

but i'm very impressed with kind staffs, comfortable bed and room, yummy breakfast,
all the staffs i met at front, lobby, restaurant are very friendly and willing to help.
i would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
lobbymgr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like kind staff, nice restaurant, and comfortable bed. But you also mentioned about the direct transportation. Yes you may feel difficulty with bus after 22:30, but you still have AREX(Airport Express Train) till 23:45 to Seoul Station and use the taxi to the hotel. All downtown hotel in Seoul has exactly same problem.

Ryan Lim
Lobby & Quality Manager
Grand Ambassador Seoul

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was disappointed with smoke coming into our room. I ask for non smoking room as my wife and I have a four month old baby. The front staff said that is was the Chinese guests in another room that were smoking a lot. I didn't understand why i needed to known nationality of quests that were smoking. I was told that I was to loud on the elliptical machine. This was first time that anyone I ever criticized my use of an elliptical machine in 15 years plus of using one. My wife was told to shower before using the pool. She already knew that had to shower and I found it a bit annoying to be nanny-ed in this way. The lower floors smelled of sewage specially around the pool areas. No help with our luggage in and out of the hotel. The buffet at the restaurant was excellent though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
lobbymgr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment form during your recent stay with Grand Ambassador Seoul. We value your business and are appreciative of your observations.

I was very concerned to read that you had a poor experience at our property. Although the hotel has striven energetically to deliver a first class product and service you will no doubt agree that it has fallen short on this occasion. For this I would like to sincerely apologies. The issues you raised have resulted in Hotel department Managers meeting and I have asked the relevant department manager for an explanation and will address the individuals concerned ensuring they receive ‘counseling’.

Our companies’ senior management, like you, believes we can do better and I have recently been appointed to guarantee this goal. For my part I am determined to ensure every aspect of this Hotels service will come under scrutiny.

I hope you will consider us giving us another opportunity. A chance I trust to demonstrate to you first hand improvements your comments have lead to.

Thank you once again for bringing these matters to my attention and please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Ryan Lim
Lobby & Quality Manager
Grand Ambassador Seoul

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was stay for three days in this hotel. Staffs are all kindly people, but a little displeased. First, a spot remained towel. Second, water was remained in coffee pot. But in a rough way, room and toilet was cleen. It is peculiar that a mobile phone was setted in room. It seemed funny.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ambfom, 프론트 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Boda_13,

Thank you for your time to tell us about your experience at Grand Ambassador Seoul. Although you were satisfied in general I was disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations in some area please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. This was not norm at Grand Ambassador Seoul and was isolated incident. We will make sure this does not happen again.

We hope that you have not lost confidence in us and we can continue to welcome you to Grand Ambassador Seoul whenever your travel brings you to Seoul.

Han Kim

Reviewed February 19, 2013

2  Thank dliew0509
ambfom, 프론트 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here on an overnight tranfer. The hotel is in a good location close to metro stops and the downtown. The hotel has a free shuttle that takes you to the shopping districts which runs every half hour. Service was excellent and we were upgraded to a delux room on arrival when they could not accomodate a late check out. The rooms are clean, technologically savvy, if a little too utilitarian. Definitely get the breakfast included as it has a fantastic selection.

Room Tip: Get a room far from elevator as rooms are poorly insulated
1  Thank Kev E
ambfom, 프론트 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Kev. E,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Grand Ambassador Seoul. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul.

Han Kim

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a terrible time sleeping, as the room temperatures are set rigidly to 25+ c., while at home I am comfortable sleeping at 19 degrees. Checked at the front desk, nothing can be done. Bad on a business trip if you haven't slept the night before.

Polite and efficient service, good food inside the restaurant, but not much close outside. It's OK, depending on your needs and your body temperature, I guess.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank acmuller
lobbymgr, Manager at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Ambassador. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies regarding room temperature. For your future reference, we have rooms that have individual heating &A/C. Please contact us when you book in the future.
We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Han