I accept that you do not get much hotel for your money in Seoul, but for the
price paid, I expected a little more.
I booked this hotel through Accor and as a Le Club Platinum member, I hoped for
an upgrade on request, but water, some fruit and a free drink voucher was what I
received. I try to stay loyal to Accor, but please, try and have some
consistency for your Le Club members.
My room was OK, but a little dated and small, however it was clean and the bed
was comfortable, however, the TV channels were desperate, with very few English
speaking options available.
Others have made comments regarding the quirky toilet, but to be honest, rather
than having a singing and whistling toilet bowl, I would suggest more attention
to detail on other issues should be prioritised.
I also have to state that without doubt, the executive lounge is one of the
worst I have encountered.
The food was woeful and why don't they place more than one bottle of wine in the
serving area? If the bottle runs dry, you have to wait until it is replaced.
Other niggles such as no available wine glasses and forks are relatively minor
issues, but someone should really be checking these.
On arrival, I was informed that the lounge 'happy hour' was 6-8:30 pm, but
everything was swiftly cleared up on some nights by 7.30. without warning - probably
the only efficiency I had seen during my stay!
One afternoon I went into the lounge for a coffee and was disappointed to see dirty
crockery, glasses and cutlery still on the tables despite the reception area
being manned - I could understand it if the room was busy, but I was the only
one in there.
In summary, The 'Grand Ambassador' title is somewhat contradictory and is
certainly not what I expected from the Pullman brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman is centrally located in Seoul and has easy access to major shopping, entertainment, and business areas such as City Hall, Gwanghwamun, Dongdaemun, Myeongdong and Namsan. We boast 413 rooms offering free WiFi, 6 restaurants, 12 meetings and conference rooms, and a large fitness center which includes a swimming pool and spa. Aesthetically appealing with a modern and attractive decor, the hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia and ACCOR so you can book your Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Ambassador Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Grand Ambassador Hotel Seoul
- Sofitel Seoul
- Seoul Grand Ambassador Hotel
- Seoul Sofitel