This is a well appointed and nice hotel. The service was first rate and the facilities include a deli, a restaurant, a bar, swimming pool and fitness area. All areas are well maintained and kept up. Room service was impeccable, the executive lounge nice and well stocked, although the opening hours could be a bit more accommodating. Had a small weird experience during breakfast: I asked the chef to prepare an omelet and while he was preparing I roamed the buffet to look for other items. This apparently didn't please the chef, so he summoned me to "go wait at your table, please". Maybe he didn't mean to be rude, but it sure felt strange.
My issue with this hotel though is the sound proofing or better, the lack thereof in the guest floors. It seems the walls between and the doors to the rooms were made of cart board. The first night I "enjoyed" a couple loudly engaging in amorous activities, on other mornings, the maids making up the room as early as 7 am rudely woke me up. Loud talking and laughing in the hallways added to the discomfort.
Another odd thing was the fact that the a/c wasn't working in any of the rooms. My colleagues who traveled with me all had the same experience. The rooms were overheated, the a/c not working - the only way to cool down the room was to open the window. And even weirder: all of us complained about it. Technicians were sent to our rooms but nothing ever changed. It seemed to me that the whole system was shut down as other areas in the hotel were extremely warm as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman is centrally located in Seoul and has easy access to major shopping, entertainment, and business areas such as City Hall, Gwanghwamun, Dongdaemun, Myeongdong and Namsan. We boast 413 rooms offering free WiFi, 6 restaurants, 12 meetings and conference rooms, and a large fitness center which includes a swimming pool and spa. Aesthetically appealing with a modern and attractive decor, the hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Ambassador Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Grand Ambassador Hotel Seoul
- Sofitel Seoul
- Seoul Grand Ambassador Hotel
- Seoul Sofitel