“Location, location, location”

Ranked #64 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We previously lived in Seoul for about 2 years, so we knew the area we wanted to stay in for a brief stay on our way to Indonesia. The Grand Ambassador is very close to Dongdaemun Stadium where there is great night life and good shopping. We were not disappointed by the hotel as the rooms are full of all the mod cons you are looking for, and the breakfast has steak on the buffet. The airport limousine bus has a stop right at the hotel's lobby, so getting here is easy, a very good hotel that we will visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
lobbymgr, 고객 담당 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vellinge, Sweden
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times since it is close to our company office. Every time there I have been upgraded (without asking or paying extra for it) to a higher level. The breakfast is good and with a large variety. The gym is very good and quite busy. There is also a swimming pool large enough for swimming laps. Location is good but it is not in the absolute city centre but a taxi ride in Seoul is not very expensive.

1 Thank J W

Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Overall this hotel is good for short traveling in Seoul. The location is great and hotel offer complimentary shuttle bus to some places. There is a building named CJ (or CG? I can't recall the exact name), which is 5 mins away by walking from the hotel. There are some Korea local restaurants and a small supermarket with high quality goods in that building. you can ask the staff of hotel about how to arrive there.

Service of this hotel is a problem. When I arrive the hotel reception told me all rooms are not available temporarily. She suggested us to eat our lunch in the nearby restaurant firstly, and they will look after our luggage. so we passed our two luggage to a staff who give us a note for picking up them after our launch. However, when we come back the staff spent 20 mins searching in their luggage storage room then told us he can't find our luggage. After another 20 mins finding and checking the CCTV, they finally figure out that the luggage was already transferred to my room! I am not sure what the problem is between different staff/departments of the hotel, but there must have something wrong here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Ambassador.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

malaysia
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Was staying at this hotel from 5 sept till 10 sept. everything was perfect up until the last day when we decided to have Bfast at the coffee house. the buffet breakfast that is. The selection was so little and you would think that with a small selection the taste would be great but no it wasnt. So in short the buffet breakfast was not worth it because it wasn't nice at all

• Stayed September 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We have many kinds of breakfast venue, include Premium Buffet King's, Western Restaurant Cafe de Chef with Salad Buffet, Lobby Lounge & Deli, also Room Service depend on the guest selection.
It could be nicer if you chose the breakfast at the King's on your last day of stay instead of one at the Cafe de Chef.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great Location ( walk able distance to Duttaa). excellent break fast. Great facilities.

The hotel also provides free shuttle service to the major markets and tourist hangouts( wish they would extend the timing beyond 10 as Seoul doesn't sleep)

The only let down was that there was renovation work going on the steam bath and some other facilities( which was not communicated to us when we made the booking)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

And the Sauna located at the Basement 2 is operating again after the 2 weeks of renovation.
All new furniture and wooden floor with the better atmosphere are not just for Fitness members but also guests staying in hotel room.

Dhaka
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Friendly smiling staff. Clean room - adequate sunlight in both rows (i was twice in two side rooms). Nice view of the city. You can see the Seoul Tower from west side room. Two bottles (each 500ml) is complementary per 24 hrs though toothpaste and brush are not complementary but available in the room (i was in 1433 and 1621). Free wi-fi internet. I was in executive room in both times. Evening refreshment is compementary at 16th floor restaurant for executive room guests. Will like to stay again when i'll be in Seoul. About one hour journey from the Incheon International Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms of east side for nice city view, rooms of west side for seoul tower view
1 Thank Zafrul Hasan S

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was staying for 2 nights during short business trip to Seoul.

In general, excellent choice. Was upgraded to the executive floor, room 1618, but access to the executive lounge was prohibited. That was fully OK with me as I had no time for that anyway. However, this is not good style in my opinion: if upgrade, then full upgrade (and i am not sure if the lounge was really that special from what I have seen). So, flaw No 1.

The room was great with very comfortable mattress, 2 free coffee capsules and 2 bottles of water, and l'Occitane soap/shampoo. I found little strange that from "extras" only comb was provided, but no toothbrush and rasor set. No problem with me, but again: not up to 5* standard. So, flaw No 2.

Very friendly concierge, had left there my phone battery to charge.

However, the major flaw, not even up to 2* standard and biggest disappointment was the check out: I have been requested my credit card and asked to sign the bill without (!) showing me the pro-forma bill, so I needed to trust what they charge and request it post-credit card charge. This was handed to me just as simple paper, the credit card receipt was not offered to attach and no envelope was provided. I am sure that any 2* hotel staff is trained differently.

So, this is major fault and therefore I cannot give my 5* rating even though this would be my rating otherwise.

Excellent breakfast, one of the best of all my travels around the world.

They had swimming pool, but no time to use it unfortunately.

Hope they will listen and improve. This experience could be so much better otherwise.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

However you also indicated that you were not completely satisfied in several areas
such as executive floor benefit with room upgrad, complimentary toothbrush and paste, check-out procedure abnormally.

In reference to you comment offering complimentary toothpaste and toothbrush, in order to support green environment, we do not offer complimentary toothpaste and toothbrush to reduce consumption of disposable item as other 5 star hotels in Seoul do. We hpoe your understanding.
And the benefit with room upgrade, we will discuss the matter with other manager for better service. We would like to try our best and keep the principle of equity for those paid higher room rate.
Also asking credit card before showing pro-forma bill is not the standard procedure of ours. It is not the matter of busy period or what so ever. I will re-assure that we have to follow the proper procedure and not to make our guest uncomportable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.