“Great Loocation”

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman
Ranked #61 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great Location ( walk able distance to Duttaa). excellent break fast. Great facilities.

The hotel also provides free shuttle service to the major markets and tourist hangouts( wish they would extend the timing beyond 10 as Seoul doesn't sleep)

The only let down was that there was renovation work going on the steam bath and some other facilities( which was not communicated to us when we made the booking)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
lobbymgr, 고객 담당 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

And the Sauna located at the Basement 2 is operating again after the 2 weeks of renovation.
All new furniture and wooden floor with the better atmosphere are not just for Fitness members but also guests staying in hotel room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Friendly smiling staff. Clean room - adequate sunlight in both rows (i was twice in two side rooms). Nice view of the city. You can see the Seoul Tower from west side room. Two bottles (each 500ml) is complementary per 24 hrs though toothpaste and brush are not complementary but available in the room (i was in 1433 and 1621). Free wi-fi internet. I was in executive room in both times. Evening refreshment is compementary at 16th floor restaurant for executive room guests. Will like to stay again when i'll be in Seoul. About one hour journey from the Incheon International Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms of east side for nice city view, rooms of west side for seoul tower view
1  Thank Zafrul Hasan S

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was staying for 2 nights during short business trip to Seoul.

In general, excellent choice. Was upgraded to the executive floor, room 1618, but access to the executive lounge was prohibited. That was fully OK with me as I had no time for that anyway. However, this is not good style in my opinion: if upgrade, then full upgrade (and i am not sure if the lounge was really that special from what I have seen). So, flaw No 1.

The room was great with very comfortable mattress, 2 free coffee capsules and 2 bottles of water, and l'Occitane soap/shampoo. I found little strange that from "extras" only comb was provided, but no toothbrush and rasor set. No problem with me, but again: not up to 5* standard. So, flaw No 2.

Very friendly concierge, had left there my phone battery to charge.

However, the major flaw, not even up to 2* standard and biggest disappointment was the check out: I have been requested my credit card and asked to sign the bill without (!) showing me the pro-forma bill, so I needed to trust what they charge and request it post-credit card charge. This was handed to me just as simple paper, the credit card receipt was not offered to attach and no envelope was provided. I am sure that any 2* hotel staff is trained differently.

So, this is major fault and therefore I cannot give my 5* rating even though this would be my rating otherwise.

Excellent breakfast, one of the best of all my travels around the world.

They had swimming pool, but no time to use it unfortunately.

Hope they will listen and improve. This experience could be so much better otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

However you also indicated that you were not completely satisfied in several areas
such as executive floor benefit with room upgrad, complimentary toothbrush and paste, check-out procedure abnormally.

In reference to you comment offering complimentary toothpaste and toothbrush, in order to support green environment, we do not offer complimentary toothpaste and toothbrush to reduce consumption of disposable item as other 5 star hotels in Seoul do. We hpoe your understanding.
And the benefit with room upgrade, we will discuss the matter with other manager for better service. We would like to try our best and keep the principle of equity for those paid higher room rate.
Also asking credit card before showing pro-forma bill is not the standard procedure of ours. It is not the matter of busy period or what so ever. I will re-assure that we have to follow the proper procedure and not to make our guest uncomportable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lobbymgr, 고객 담당 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at many hotels in Seoul the attention to detail and willingness to serve with a smile is most noticeable at the Grand Ambassador.
The recently upgraded restaurant and physical plant are complimented by its location with close proximity to affordable restaurants walking paths, shopping streets , the Seoul Tower, all the downtown businesses and army base make it the complete destination for both business and pleasure travel.

• Stayed: June 2012
lobbymgr, 고객 담당 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Pros:
- friendly staff speaking English fluently
- clean rooms
- two bottles of water are complimentary each day
- excellent breakfast buffet as well as buffet for lunch (for breakfast incredible choice: Korean breakfast, Japanese Breakfast, Continental breakfast and delicious waffels and fresh fruits); one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had!
- good location (not far from Nasamgol Hanok Village, the fashion area - famous for the night market -, Gungbu market etc.)
- stopover of the KAL Limousine Bus from/to Incheon Airport (cheap, luxury and a kind of sightseeing tour)

Cons:
- I had a room 9 floors above the waste air area of the kitchen; from 6:00 am till 1:00 am you could hear the air conditioner of the kitchen.
- expensive restaurants in the hotel (for example USD 12,00 for a small pot of green tea!)

This was my second stay in this hotel within 11 months. The first time, I had a room on the executive floor with seperate concierge. Now I stayed in a superior room. Having an executive room, internet (a little bit slow) is included in the price as well as "afternoon drinks". Keeping in mind the breakfast buffet on the ground floor compared with the choice in the executive floor offer, I prefer the superior floor.
If you want something to drink and some cookies and you do not want to take things out of the minibar, I recommend a small shop next to the hotel, round about 50m away. Go in the direction of Dongguk University till the traffic lights; on the other side of the road you will see a small shop called "with me, 24h open". The family of the owner speeks English and German fluently (!)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of all the ambassadors of the Grand Ambassador Seoul, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback.
We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
We truly appreciate your comments and utilize this information to improve our operation to better serve our valued guests.

First of all, we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with overall service at the hotel.
However you also indicated that you were not completely satisfied with the noise and the smell from the kitchen outside.
I passed this commnent to kitchen, engineering and also concerned department for proper solution to avoid the inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for your business. I hope that you will give the Grand Ambassador Seoul the opportunity to regain your confidence and goodwill.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Seoul, I think you should put this hotel in your list. Of course this hotel is not the best in Seoul and little bit far from luxury. But this hotel is located in quite good place for travel and has good restaurants, fine facilities. And you can stay with reasonable price which is about only half of other famous hotels in Seoul. It's one of my favorite hotels! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Grand Ambassador Seoul first opened its doors to guests in October 1955 as “Geumsoojang”. With its history of over a half decade, Grand Ambassador Seoul embodies the integration of the history, tradition, modernity, style and innovation: a magnificent life. Such life thrives at Grand Ambassador Seoul, may the priority being business or leisure.

411 rooms are ready to serve the guests to the level of complete satisfaction.Business Center contribute to our guests’ business success with top-notch and latest technical support. Lobby Lounge & Deli will immediately give the deep welcome and the class of the service.
As one of the forerunners of wedding banquet providers in Korea, Grand Ambassador Seoul offers a vibrant array of banquet facilities dedicated to weddings, conferences, meetings, seminar and other special occasions. Diverse in size and disposition, Grand Ambassador Seoul’s banquet rooms embody style, class, bliss, beauty and comfort.
Colorful and flawless culinary experiences and delight await you at Premium Live Buffet The King’s, Café de Chef, Pub Restaurant Gran*A, Lobby Lounge & Deli, Japanese Restaurant Ta-Ke and Chinese Restaurant Hong Bo Gak. The swimming pool, indoor golf, gym, sauna, aerobics room, hydrotherapy are all available at our Fitness Club where life truly thrive, embodying sound mind and sound body.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.