Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 26
HanwellLDN
London, United Kingdom
Great staff and location
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 28, 2019
The hotel is in Gangnam area with lots of restaurants and I assume great nightlife. Very busy area, but hotel a few hundred meters away, which means it is peaceful. The staff was helpful, competent and knowledgeable. And communication easy because good language skills. A great place to stay - for leisure or business. And there is a shuttle bus from Incheon Airport, which is value for money.
Date of stay: August 2019
Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5.5 miles from Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
2.0 miles from Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
11.2 miles from Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
View more hotels in Seoul
2,153 results
All reviews business trip food street executive room mini bar fitness center subway station hotel is located convenient location gangnam concierge hyun sauna accor charger asia line bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Dear Novotel Ambassador Gangnam team,

We, family Fernandez Sartori staying @ suite 1723 from 26th July until 10th August, would like to thank all hotel team for the amazing stay we had with you.

@ Concierge - all team was great and help us all the time with questions and requirements
Special thanks to Oscar who have found my earring lost!!! He was a great concierge to us every time we need any request.
A 10/10 points to Beny? I’m not sure about her name but she is the only lady @ concierge and she is the French speaking one!! I was soooo happy to speak French here in Korea and I also want to thank her her amazing smile every day and for her great knowledge of Seoul insights.
@ GM... you should try to keep her happy in your hotel! She is absolutely great!!!

@ house keeping team - another 10/10!!!!
Our room was perfect every day and all details had been taken into account. I really want to thank the housekeeping lady doing our room every day, I’m so sorry I don’t know her name and I was not able to talk to her because she was anticipating our needs all the time and she made our stay smoother and nicer. I hope someone will take the time or efforts to transfer to her this message because she was someone who did a lot for our stay to be great.

@ Jennie - many thanks for all the efforts and for helping my husband and us during all our stay. Also thanks for the amazing cake delivered last night, it was delicious but we could not eat a lot... Sorry for that!!

We will definitely recommend our friends and try to come back soon to this great hotel!!

Just FYI, we have moved because my daughter will be starting soon @ Lycée Français in Seoare Village and we need to be closer until we can find an apartment.

This is not a good bye buy a see you soon!!!

Warmest regards

Veronica Sartori and Family

Trip type: Traveled with family
H1633-NAG, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear.vsartori

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam.

Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

Hotel located in commercial district, was here for a business trip.
Room is spacious, cozy. Bed is comfy, slept well throughout my few days stay.
The closest subway is less than 5 mins way. But take note that hotel is on a uphill slope, so after a long day outside, one has to walk up the slope to get back to hotel.

Overall, hotel is impressive!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank b00nb00n
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Dear.b00nb00n

Reviewed July 27, 2019

-- Same review sent as private feedback to Accord

TLDR: Broken AC, had to ask 3 times for a fix, no fix was provided. Changed rooms only to realize other room had dirty bathroom (black hair). Ended up checking in at Le Méridien.

I want to say first and foremost that the personnel of this hotel was very nice and courteous and hope my comments won't reflect badly on them. I am usually a big fan of Accord hotels (Mercure, Novotel, Sofitel, Fairmont...) and have recommended the chain to at least a dozen people over the past few years, always being greatly satisfied until now.

The beginning of my stay went well, the personnel is very welcoming and I thought this hotel upheld the great standard set by Accord.

Unfortunately, on the third day of my stay, the AC in my room started acting erratically and was unable to cool the room properly. I asked the front desk to please send someone to fix it in the morning - again, I want to stress that the personnel was very courteous and understanding of the situation. Upon my return around lunch time, I was told the AC had been fixed. When I got up to the room, I realized the situation was still the same, the AC was not able to cool the room properly.

Leaving in the afternoon, I inquired again and asked for them to please have a better look at the situation (the AC was working but kept turning on and off, unable to cool the room below 25 Celsius. Upon my return past 11pm, exhausted from a long day of meetings, I had the displeasure of noticing the AC had not been fixed.

Asking the front desk for assistance again, well into the night, they decided to move me to another room which seemed fine at first. The AC did work in this room.

Unfortunately, running a bath in the morning, I noticed black hair (I'm blond) floating to the surface. Upon closer inspection, the bathroom was dirty. I checked out of the hotel and ended up checking next door at Le Méridien which provided me with much better accommodation.

It is unfortunate that I had such a bad experience with the Novotel Seoul Gangnam. I will be staying in other Accord hotels but in the future, I will be staying at Le Méridien for any future trip to Gangnam.

I believe this is mostly a management and policy issue as the personnel was again very nice and I believe, was just following standard unfit procedures. It is unfortunate but I am very disappointed.

Room tip: avoid this hotel, better hotels in the area
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank charlietravels2much
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear.charlietravels2much

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Guest Experience manager

Reviewed July 26, 2019

Near to the train station, walking distance to access the Gangnam Street food.
Cozy place with good Gym facility.
Convenient store is just across the street in case you would like to grab something quick

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Dear.kayzthe3

Reviewed July 22, 2019

This is the second time I've stayed here, and really enjoy the hotel, staff and location. Located a short walk from Gangnam (down a steep hill), and near hundreds of restaurants. Room was on the 15th floor which is the executive floor, and is perfectly adequate. My room had a leeking bath that ended up flooding the bedroom carpet, but they quickly sent in engineering and offerred me to swich rooms.
Breakfast on the 2nd floor was plentyful, but the executive floor breakfast was very lacking.
Still, would stay here again.

1  Thank Oliver W
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear.Oliie1979