Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 26
Daniel T
Bangkok, Thailand
Good place in Gangnam area
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 26, 2019
Near to the train station, walking distance to access the Gangnam Street food.
Cozy place with good Gym facility.
Convenient store is just across the street in case you would like to grab something quick
Date of stay: July 2019Trip type: Traveled on business
  • Trip.com
2.7 miles from Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
View more hotels in Seoul
2,153 results
All reviews business trip food street executive room mini bar fitness center subway station hotel is located convenient location gangnam concierge hyun sauna accor charger asia line bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2019

This is the second time I've stayed here, and really enjoy the hotel, staff and location. Located a short walk from Gangnam (down a steep hill), and near hundreds of restaurants. Room was on the 15th floor which is the executive floor, and is perfectly adequate. My room had a leeking bath that ended up flooding the bedroom carpet, but they quickly sent in engineering and offerred me to swich rooms.
Breakfast on the 2nd floor was plentyful, but the executive floor breakfast was very lacking.
Still, would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Oliver W
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear.Oliie1979

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam.

Reviewed July 19, 2019

As an international chain, this hotel lacks the service oriented attitude you would expect from Accor Hotel Group. We booked our rooms through Expedia despite the rates being the same through Accor. Upon check-in to my room, I noticed a chip in the bathtub that could cut your foot. Informed the front desk and they sent maintenance. Instead of changing my room, they ask me to wait while the maintenance staff would caulk the chip and cracks in my bathtub. When I complained, they were unwilling to change the room as they didn't have any at the same rate class. They didn't think I would understand what they were saying in Korean but I got is all. Finally, the manager reluctantly changed my room. Other experiences related to front desk committing, but not being about to deliver and when they get called on it, pretend like whatever. The renovated rooms were fine and the location is great...however I would not recommend staying here unless:

(1) You get a renovated room
(2) Service drastically improves and that includes the attitude of the front desk staff

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room. Currently only ~35 to 40% have been renovated
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kaontong

Dear.kaontong

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

For your comments,We will pay more attention overall attitude and service of front desk staff.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2019

Excellent place you have there. I believe all participants Inclusive of myself had a wonderful experience at the hotel.

This was coupled with the fact the food was deliciously exquisite and the ambiance very marvelous.❤

Room tip: No didn't give one
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Dear.Global45659557410

Reviewed June 29, 2019

Before arrival, I sent an email to request for early check-in but there was no reply at all. When I arrived at 10am on the day itself, sure enough I was rejected for check-in. The receptionist told me that they had received my email but I had to come back at 12pm to check on availability. If only they had replied my email beforehand, I would have made other arrangement!! The terrible experience continued because when I came back to the hotel at 12.45pm, the same receptionist continued to tell me that no room is available and I can come back at 3pm which is the normal check in time. I was obviously exhausted but he did not give any alternatives or show any empathy. I had to suggest to pay an extra night in order to get a room immediately. I am a business traveler and had meetings to attend in the afternoon. The whole poor communication continued with him not understanding my request at all and telling me that they give me a complimentary upgrade which cost 50,000won. Is that even complimentary? I was nevertheless eager to pay and end my misery. When I clarified if 50,000won was for the whole stay, he led me to believe so but eventually, I was presented with a bill of 110,000won, i.e. 50,000won is for per night BEFORE TAX. As a frequent traveler, I had never experience such poor communications at check-in in an international branded hotel before.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank qicicle
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear.qicicle

Reviewed June 25, 2019

I have been to this hotel many times with no one.. but this time I was with my soul. I can highly recommend this hotel has a nice room.. but do not expect a view from your room. So many people around the hotel, but you will not hear the noise. My room was very clean, spacious, comfortable. I hope I will be here again soon.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Dear.weegenius