5 people are viewing this hotel
Fully refundable before Sat, Apr 27
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
2,153 results
All reviews business trip food street executive room mini bar fitness center subway station hotel is located convenient location gangnam concierge hyun sauna accor charger asia line bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2019

Before arrival, I sent an email to request for early check-in but there was no reply at all. When I arrived at 10am on the day itself, sure enough I was rejected for check-in. The receptionist told me that they had received my email but I had to come back at 12pm to check on availability. If only they had replied my email beforehand, I would have made other arrangement!! The terrible experience continued because when I came back to the hotel at 12.45pm, the same receptionist continued to tell me that no room is available and I can come back at 3pm which is the normal check in time. I was obviously exhausted but he did not give any alternatives or show any empathy. I had to suggest to pay an extra night in order to get a room immediately. I am a business traveler and had meetings to attend in the afternoon. The whole poor communication continued with him not understanding my request at all and telling me that they give me a complimentary upgrade which cost 50,000won. Is that even complimentary? I was nevertheless eager to pay and end my misery. When I clarified if 50,000won was for the whole stay, he led me to believe so but eventually, I was presented with a bill of 110,000won, i.e. 50,000won is for per night BEFORE TAX. As a frequent traveler, I had never experience such poor communications at check-in in an international branded hotel before.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank qicicle
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear.qicicle

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

I have been to this hotel many times with no one.. but this time I was with my soul. I can highly recommend this hotel has a nice room.. but do not expect a view from your room. So many people around the hotel, but you will not hear the noise. My room was very clean, spacious, comfortable. I hope I will be here again soon.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Dear.weegenius

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam.

A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2019

A nice Novotel located in a tourist part of Seoul. Facilities are good but the hotel dining is very expensive. Room key needed fixing every day which was inconvenient having gone all the way to the room to then have to go back down to reception to get the key cut.
Has an executive lounge which was packed on the weekend and I couldn't get in.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2019

Warm greeting from Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip to Seoul. The hotel has a welcoming lobby where you can find a nice bar with live band.
The rooms are typical Novotel. Clean and all facilities are there.
Around the corner you can go to station street, where you can find loads of nice bars and restaurants for the evening. I will go back to this hotel in 2 months.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank nme46
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Dear.nme46

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Everything went well during our stay. The room service was good,the room was very clean, the staff was very helpful. I would like to especially thank Oscar Jang(concierge). Very friendly,kind and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear.Christian B

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our concierge team and Oscar Jang. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.