Stayed five nights. Nice property. Clean, large enough room. Well equipped gym, pool. We had no success though in lowering the room temperature (too hot even though it was cold outside). Also had to call the desk late one night because we could hear music (bass especially) from a room above ours.
Hotel is well located in the Gangnam district. Subway a 5-7 min. walk away. Easy to get anywhere in Seoul. There is a very popular street near the hotel where the locals go out to dine; Korean BBQ, hot pots, etc. Convenient since the hotel restaurant is on the expensive side (including the breakfast). Also a 7/11 and a small supermarket immediately across the street.
We used the KAL limousine bus from ICN to get to the hotel. 16,000 wons one way per person. About a 75 minute trek.
Of note is the attentive and professional attitude of staff. The concierge service was particularly helpful in planning our stay. They will also help you make arrangements such a booking a visit to the DMZ and JSA (you need to do this at least 3 days ahead, but well worth the 87,000 wons).
Bottom line: a very decent choice, don't hesitate to use the concierge service, and enjoy the fine Korean food on that little street nearby! Only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because of the somewhat exorbitant restaurant prices, especially when there's plenty of choices within close proximity. Their loss...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the fashionable shopping and restaurant district of Gangnam, near COEX, and close to transportation hubs. The hotel offers 332 rooms including new renovated Superior & Premier Executive Floor rooms in high quality of design standards and complimentary WIFI access, a mix of modern and classic dining and entertaining choices together with a state of the art "Inbalance" fitness centre, which has a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and golf range to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Novotel Seoul
- Accor Ambassador Gangnam Seoul
- Seoul Novotel