I stayed at the Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul in June, on a business trip.
The hotel is located close to many restaurants and shops.
- at check-in I asked for a quiet room, and instead, I was accomodated in a room overlooking the noisy main street and close to the elevators. The windows provide poor insulation from the outside traffic noise.
- the room had the mediocre design common to several hotels of this hotel chain in Europe, where they are typically rated as 3-4 star hotels rather than the claimed 5 stars of this property in Seoul. I think that the 5 star ambition of this hotel is limited to the high-ceiling lobby.
- the bathroom had no separate shower. the shower head hangs over the yellowish bath tub, which is enclosed by a plastic curtain (= 3-star hotel 15 years ago)
- the breakfast room is cramped with tables and the waiters pack the guests close to each other. I had breakfast seated too close to other people and their talks.
- the breakfast food is oriented to quantity rather than quality.
- at breakfast, the waiters rushed to take away my plate even if I had not finished to eat. It looks like they want to hurry you out for accomodating more guests.
- my room key at some point didn't work and I had to replace it at the front desk. I was explained that it was my fault because I put the key close to my mobile phone, which causes the key to demagnetize.
- the elevators are slow.
- there was a Nespresso machine in the room, but no coffee capsules. I did not ask why, because I tried to limit as much as possible the interaction with the hotel staff, to avoid further frustration.
the bus to Incheon airport stops in front of the hotel (15,000won, about 1hour drive). I was pleased to take it upon check out for leaving the hotel after a mediocre stay.
I do not recommend the Novotel Ambassador Gangnam for any type of stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the fashionable shopping and restaurant district of Gangnam, near COEX, and close to transportation hubs. The hotel offers 332 rooms including new renovated Superior & Premier Executive Floor rooms in high quality of design standards and complimentary WIFI access, a mix of modern and classic dining and entertaining choices together with a state of the art "Inbalance" fitness centre, which has a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and golf range to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Novotel Seoul
- Accor Ambassador Gangnam Seoul
- Seoul Novotel