I stayed here on business based on the Novotel being part of the Accor Group. Whilst Novotel are a budget hotel in Europe, the reviews on TA and location were enough for me to book. I was here for a week and enjoyed the facilities very much. I had some issues after leaving and whilst they took some time and several emails (which shouldn't have been the case) they were eventually resolved. I would therefore return if the price was OK in comparison to some of the other brands nearby (which I haven't tried but have decent confidence in their brands) and wouldn't have an issue recommending this hotel if you need to be in Gangnam.
- Location in Gangnam is excellent. 5 mins to the main street with lots of shops and places to eat
- 2 mins to the nearest metro stop (the metro is superb so i would advise utilising this if possible)
- Room was comfortable and clean
- Gym and spa/pool facilities were superb - one of the best I've come across although 95% of users were locals rather than hotel guests which is a shame (if using this be aware that it is not permitted to wear swimming costumes in the baths and the relaxed naked attitude may come as a bit of a shock to Western visitors at first!)
- Room service were very good and friendly
- Concierge was very helpful and knowledge was impressive with some useful tips. Helped me getting a metro card and other practical things which may be useful to non Korean speaking guests
- Breakfast was excellent although some things ran out if you went nearer the end of service (fine at some places but for the room rate that shouldn't be the case)
- Despite requesting a non smoking room I was given a smoking room (hotel was full so they weren't able to move me) and this resulted in me being ill for the next three weeks with difficulty breathing.
- Wouldn't use the laundry service again as they ripped my suit
- The price of the lobby bar was very high
- Taxi's hailed by the hotel were useless - just use the metro
- Its quite a trip to the main tourist activities and areas so I would suggest staying somewhere else if your in Seoul for just a few days
- On check out and when sorting out the billing the front desk tried to bill me for my room despite pre paying so be aware of this - an argument about this at 4.00 am is also not great customer service
- Hotel wouldn't offer an airport pickup prior to arriving, yet I found out this was available and this annoyed me. It was very expensive but I couldn't understand why I was told over the phone it wasn't possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the fashionable shopping and restaurant district of Gangnam, near COEX, and close to transportation hubs. The hotel offers 332 rooms including new renovated Superior & Premier Executive Floor rooms in high quality of design standards and complimentary WIFI access, a mix of modern and classic dining and entertaining choices together with a state of the art "Inbalance" fitness centre, which has a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and golf range to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Novotel Seoul
- Accor Ambassador Gangnam Seoul
- Seoul Novotel