This is a first-class hotel providing a high level of service, amenity and comfort.
Service is the watchword here and staff generally will go out of their way to help you.
The check-in/reception desk is always manned by at least four team members so even when it’s busy you won’t have to wait around for attention. Everyone knows their job here, they all speak English and you’ll be checked-in in minutes.
Room service is super-quick. We brought our own brekkie at a nearby convenience store and then phoned down to room service to ask for cutlery and crockery. Hardly had we put the phone down then there’s a knock at the door and a smiling staff member is there with everything we asked for.
The whole place is spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained: Not only the rooms but all the public areas as well.
We made good use of the fully equipped gym and clean swimming pool.
There is free internet in the lobby provided by two Mac computers with huge screens. You can have 20 minutes at a time but if there’s no-one waiting, you can renew for another 20 minutes. Not having our own laptops or tablet with us we found this a very useful and convenient service.
Rooms are decent size, beds are comfortable and there’s plenty of storage space.
Huge TV, easy to operate and with the full range of English language programs.
Functional, clean bathroom with good water pressure.
Lighting though was a bit of a negative for us. There are no ceiling lights, only bedside lights and two desk lights make reading difficult.
The KAL airport bus from Incheon Airport will drop you right outside the hotel. Despite the massive amounts of traffic the ride in took exactly the 70 minutes they said it would take on their website. We left the airport at 6.30pm and by 7.40pm were at our hotel.
Sinnonyeon Subway Station on the newly opened No. 9 train line is a short 10-minute walk. Gangnam station on the busier No 2 line is about a 20-25 walk.
The area around Gangnam Station and the underground concourse that leads to the station are a hive of activity around the clock, especially on a Friday night. But you’ll rarely see beggars, people sleeping rough or drunk and disorderly behaviour. You’ll feel safe here any time of the day or night. And there are also plenty of public toilets in and around the station area.
But I’d say that this is more the business or corporate end of Seoul rather than strictly the tourist part.
The hotel is at the apex of a fairly steep road which makes getting down the hill on foot a lot easier than getting back to the hotel. The road outside is a busy one with lots of vehicular traffic but we were lucky to get a room on the 10th floor that was quiet and we slept well every night (I suspect that the windows are double-glazed for added sound-proofing).
Although I can highly recommend this as an efficient, well-run, clean and elegant hotel, I think next time in Seoul I may stay north of the river as we did the first time, to be closer to the main tourist attractions. Whilst the subway system here is clean, cheap, safe and efficient, it is a vast network and navigating your way around it all day can be a bit stressful.
But this is probably the ideal hotel for the business traveller.
An easy, fast and comfortable way to get to the airports is by train.
There’s an express service from Sinnonyeon station to Gimpo Airport station which takes 30 minutes. If you’re flying out of Incheon Airport, all you do after you’ve stepped off the train at Gimpo Station is walk across the platform where you can hop on a fast train to Incheon Airport which also takes around 30 minutes.
We left the Novotel at 9.15am and by 10.45am we were at Incheon Airport but I guess we were lucky as one of the hotel drivers took us to Sinnonyeon station for free, saving us the walk down the hill.
That was just another nice touch from a hotel where they know the meaning of the word service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the fashionable shopping and restaurant district of Gangnam, near COEX, and close to transportation hubs. The hotel offers 332 rooms including new renovated Superior & Premier Executive Floor rooms in high quality of design standards and complimentary WIFI access, a mix of modern and classic dining and entertaining choices together with a state of the art "Inbalance" fitness centre, which has a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and golf range to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Novotel Seoul
- Accor Ambassador Gangnam Seoul
- Seoul Novotel