“A Great Hotel”

Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
Ranked #30 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed there many times and this is simply the best value hotel in Seoul. Great location, friendly staff and basically everybody there makes you feel right at home. The band downstairs are just first class, sing requests and this is a great place to wind down after a busy day. During my last visit I met the General Manager Mr Mike Brown and he also went out of his way to make sure we had a very comfortable stay. If your in Seoul give the Novotel Ambassador a try and you won't be disappointed.

Ian from Brisbane

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian P
NovotelSeoulGN, General Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mike Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Official check in time is 2 p.m. I arrived on 3 p.m at hotel and proceeded check-in.
The staff asked me to wait due to delayed room clean up.
So I waited with my boy at the lobby until someone helped me. But nobody was not willing to help and didn't care us. They should have informed me at least the expected waiting time at the first place.
After 20 or 30 minutes of waiting, I asked the staff the time we can get in. They couldn't give me even rough time. When I felt it's shocking and started to complain, I could get in the room in 5 minutes on executive floor without club benefit.
I can't believe their clean up procedure can be so faster when the customer starts to claim.
I couldn't get wanted bed type and had to have extra bed instead even though I had waited over 30 minutes. I need to stay this hotel one more time within 1 month, and I am so afraid to have this awful service again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NovotelSeoul
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good services.
I would like to say some words and hope the hotel some changes the bathroom design.
I felt so terrible when I used the bathroom. Water split out easily and I tried to pull the curtain very well. The floor was so slippery. I think design of the bathroom would be improved and consider the guest requirement. For example, housekeeper placed one bottle water in the room which was free of charge. But we didn't want to share and required one more. I hope hotel management to consider the guest no. to prepare all the things. These show you caring all the detail. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millykong
NovotelSeoulGN, General Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear millykong,

Thank you for your feedback and in assisting us in continuing to improve our product. We have re-inforced our commitment to our brand standard to include 2 x complimentary bottles of water per room. We are aware of the current bathroom design and will be amending the design during our refurbishment to eliminate the current challenges. Once again thank you for taking the time to assist us.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here many times, both in executive floors and normal.

From the waterfall in the lobby to the live performances in the American style bar, this hotel does everything with style and grace.

The rooms are average size but very clean and comfortable. The tvs have electronic panels to connect your iPad or similar device. Wifi was an issue in some rooms but this appears to work now. Beds are comfortable and a pillow menu is offered in exec rooms. Free (black) shoe cleaning service is included. Exec rooms have their own breakfast room and checking for extra comfort.

Food is good to great. Room service lacks a little in western options but the bulgogi is great. Don't worry too much if it's not on the menu -ask anyway and you might get it.

The bar with waterfall and elegant live music is good but lacks a cosy place. Spectacular is te order of the day. The American bar has great music. Breakfast is large and varied. Cakes for sale in the lobby are great.

The pool is Asian height so very shallow but adequate to unwind - watch out, nudity in the changing rooms is common. Overall a nice spa with big gymn.

Checking is always efficient and pleasant and managers are very friendly.

Totally recommended for business trips to Seoul.

Room Tip: Exec rooms have a certain peacefulness due to private checking and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank britnpole
NovotelSeoulGN, General Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear britnpole,

Thank you for taking the time to positively critique our hotel. Our team really is dedicated to providing the best possible experience and aid our guest pursuits business, leisure or both. We look forward to welcoming you back.

An Accor traveler
Guadalajara
Reviewed July 13, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank An Accor traveler

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel location is very close to "Shin Nonhyon" station (Metro: line 9) by walk (a bit up hill). Hotel has nice decoration that makes you feel good and relax. I hadn't ask for room updrading but got good offer from the hotel which made me feel more satisfaction.

In-room has nothing to say more than Well Sleep there though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dararai

Dear Dararai,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.Your positive comment will assist future travelers to Korea. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Although a bit far from the station, it has a clean room with nice swimming pool and gorgeous gym. Net access for 15dollar a day is costly

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Kuroken

Dear Kuroken,

We normally get highly positive comments about our fitness center so thank you for your positive comment. 10dollar for golf net is affordable in 5star hotel Seoul.