“Excellent location and Hight price /w a iny room.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam

ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
Ranked #55 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Amiens, France
“Excellent location and Hight price /w a iny room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Overall, I satisfied with their service and quality of employees.
The floor part of joint in a bath room had a black mold and the shower room have made out of a plactic metrial that after the shower my ears were hurting by water hiting noise on the wall.
The price is two high compare to the size the room.
It's good to stay maximum of 3 night otherwise you'll feel like in a prison.
But the employees are excellent and agreeable.
I enjoyed also the gym (free) and sauna.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibis-Seoul-GM, General Manager at ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear gogo,

Thank you for staying at Ibis and your comment.
Regarding the black mold on shower room, we noticed and we have been re-coating step by step. It will be finished soon.
The plastic material of the shower room, we will deliever your comment to our engineering and construction team so that we can consider different material for next renovation.
Thank you for your comment again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Yeonsoon SONG/

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am right now staying in the hotel. You can understand the standard of the hotel by following 2 examples: I asked for a glass to have a drink in my room from reception and the lady gave me a paper glass saying that I might take the glass along with me...... I asked for the laundry and I was told to go the basement and do it myself. I dont think I need to say anything more. Seoul IBIS ambassador: no from me for always.

Room Tip: dont come here...
Dear Mr. Sanjaymig,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced uncomfortable by my hotel staff service during your stay.
Regarding your service request,glass using in the room, my staff should have thought carefully why you need that glass and provide it but it seems he thought too casually and provided you a paper cup. I apology for that.
Regarding the laundry service, if guest wants this service before 9 o'clock, the laundry item will be returned within the day around 17:00. From 09:00 to 13:00, express charge will be added if you want. If not, the laundry item will be delievered the next day around 17:00. So depends on guest check out time, we sometimes gives information about coin laundy service B2 to guest.
Reading your comment, it seems that my staff did not check details of your willing.
I and my Front Office Manager trained staffs again to check the guests needs detail and provide service accordingly.
I can assure you the service will be better next time when you visit the hotel.
Thank you for you comment so that we can improve the service and I urge you to visit us again in the near future to check the improved service.

Yeonsoon SONG /
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Location is @ Gangnam area, near POSCO & COEX, hotel environment is comfortable and location is good, hotel provide WIFI services, there are many coffee shops and restaurant just around the hotel. Therefore hunting for food is easy, suits for business traveler, solo traveler looking for quite ambience this is exactly match you

1 Thank Alice L
Ibis-Seoul-GM, General Manager at ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comment and I'm happy to hear that you liked your stay at Ibis Seoul Ambassador.
Next time, I recommend you to try our le Bar which just newly opened after renovation. It's quite hot place now.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yeonsoon SONG / General Manager
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location is very convenient, airport limousine bus to Incheon airport just around the corner. Many coffee shops, convenience stores and restaurants close by. The hotel looks neat from the inside and the outside. The rooms have good quality and size for the hotel's category. The public bath in the hotel had an extremely reasonable price (6,000 KRW for men, 5000 KRW for ladies). Last but not least: a gym is not standard for Ibis hotels but here it was. The staff was nice and kind (=may be Accor should send European staff for training to Seoul :O).... I was overall extremly happy with my stay and can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Manni_Seoul
Dear Manni_Seoul,

I'm glad to know that you liked your stay with Ibis Seoul Ambassador.
Your comment will motivate my staffs to do their jobs with more pleasure.
Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yeonsoon SONG / General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love everything about this IBIS hotel for business trip. I definitely will recommend to others who travel to Korea and stay at Seoul for business.
There is a blue KAL bus directly from airport to the door of hotel, and also return.
There are plenty of choice for restaurant on the street behind the hotel.

2 Thank Richard_Pan
Dear Richard_Pan,

I'm happy to hear that you liked your stay with Ibis Seoul Ambassador.
We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yeonsoon SONG/General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Located in Gangnam area within 10 minutes walk from CODEX Mall where you can spend the entire day walking underground. KRW 3500 taxi ride from Gangnam station and also great street with lots of food. Check in staff iis weak for not able to locate our luggage we left a few days earlier resulting the need to call our Korean friend. When our Korean friend called back, they said we have not check in or no such guest!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LeatherTraveller
Ibis-Seoul-GM, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.
The comment you mentioned about staff couln't find your name, it seems that we register passport name on the computer but sometimes caller finds name with English name.
We will all try to find guest name all possible ways from now on.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you agian.

Yeonsoon SONG/General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here since I had hotel voucher credit racked up and needed to use it. I had to arrive a day prior than planned for a business meeting due to the Lunar New Year Holiday. The hotel is exactly what you expect from an Ibis. The room is small but functional. There is just enough space to turn around in and just enough space to unpack two or three days of clothes. The bed was adequate, as was the bathroom. It's a shower only set up with tiny counter tops and snug fit commode. Perfect for an average size western man. The location in Gangnam is good. 5 minute walk east or west to the metro station. Plenty of restaurants to choose from within that same 5 minutes. Good value in an expensive part of town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ibis-Seoul-GM, General Manager at ibis styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear MattNickNicolls,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Ibis Seoul with other customers.
Next time, I recommend you to try new renovated le Bar on 2nd floor and sauna at B1.
le Bar is designed for business meetings with coffee or juice during the day and good ambiance for a light drink with comfortable ambiance after the work. Hotel guest can use hot bath at B1 floor at very good price of 5,000KRW whenever you feel like. It runs 24 hours.

Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yeonsoon SONG/ General Manager