“Love this hotel”

InterContinental Seoul COEX
Ranked #31 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The intercontinental Seoul COEX is a wonderful hotel. I really enjoyed the 25 meter pool and excellent gym. The service at this hotel, specially the front desk was above my expectations. The hotel is so convenient with a mall in the basement with tons of restaurants and a large movie theater. It is also nice to have a casino on the second floor. The hotel offers a free small golf driving range too. I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Seoul COEX

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location - SO I stayed here during the winter month for a business trip for 3 weeks. It's kinda of perfect for me because our office is right next door in the CoEx building. So for the first one week I was in Seoul, I didn't even have to get out of any building structure (so cold outside). There was a tunnel connecting the hotel to a shopping complex (with all you need, food, movie, clothes, ice rink, etc.) and the office building on top.

Rooms - I have stayed at quite a few IntCons. This is one of the better ones. Nice size room, newish looking, great view (of course from higher floors), all bells and whistles for a hotel this grade

Service - I generally experience better services in Asian luxury chains vs. same luxury chains on other continents. This one is no exception, and in a funny way, tops all. So some of the standard stuff (considerate, warm greetings, speedy response, etc.) you'd expect from IntCons, I will skip. I will just talk specifically about one incident that got all my friends laughing and agree to my assessment of the great service I got. One evening, I set up a wake up call for the following morning to go somewhere. The tour was cancelled. I had a late night. So I was completely tired and determined to sleep in the following morning. But I didn't cancel the wakeup call. In the morning, the phone rang for the wakeup call. I guess it rang couple of times. I didn't pick up, still tired and from past experience, the wakeup call would just go away. The phone finally gave up, but a few minutes later, I had someone ringing my door bell, persistently. This time, I had to drag myself out of the bed. It was the staff from downstairs, making a personal visit to make sure I got woken up as I wished. :). They also loaned me a humidifier during my stay.

Food - I only had breakfast there every morning. It was a feast. Tons of fresh choices (to think it's still winter time)

Room Tip: negotiate rate for long stay.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travelled to Seoul on business and stayed for the first time in this hotel. The friendliness of the staff and thoroghness they displayed in helping you out even on monior matters are incredible. The room is on the small side with dark patterned wall papers which is not too of my taste.

I like the location of the hotel which is linked to the co-ex shopping and conference complex with lots of food and shopping choices via a walkway. Airport bus stops nearby.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have only stayed at 3 Intercontinental hotels, but this one was by far the best. The hotel was clean and modern. The room was exceedingly nice and the staff was efficient, professional and friendly. I had a little trouble with the wi-fi card offered in the room, and the staff immediately refunded the fees associated with the card even though I hadn't asked for a refund.

The hotel is attached to a large mall which connects to the subway. This was a very nice feature while visiting during the winter, since 99% of your walk to the subway is underground and thus protected from the cold weather and/or snow.

I was visiting on business, and the hotel is very close to the main Gangnam business area (two subway stops, I believe) and no more than 115 minutes by taxi, even during peak traffic times. The only confusion I experienced is that taxi drivers often drove me to the wrong Intercontinental, despite my telling them that I was at the COEX and also my providing the address in Korean characters. I'm not sure if there is really a way to avoid this confusion, but luckily the hotels are very close together.

I had one day for site seeing around Seoul, and found that this hotel was quite far from many of the tourist-type sites I wanted to visit. So, while I highly recommend the hotel for business, if you're traveling for vacation, you may want to map out the areas you want to attend to see if this hotel's location will work well for you.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Only here for one night as part of a hectic business trip, but would stay again given the chance. Modern, well kept hotel with a clean fresh feel. Bedroom was very comfortable, with a very comfortable bed. Staff were extremely attentive, very friendly and very helpful. Internet was around 50 meg although Skype had a few problems creating a consistent connection. Could have just been my equipment.

Poor points were relatively minor. Found the club sarnie I got a little on the cool side. Colleague didn't like his beef burger. Location is a little bit on the empty side from what I could tell, although there's a nice temple and a park nearby you can jog to. At roughly £10 a glass of beer (not even a pint) alcohol is waaay overpriced.

Suffers from a common IHG problem. Not enough plug sockets. People have multiple power hungry devices these days, plugs are a must!

Overall very relaxing and helped with the jet lag.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fras78
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I like this hotel, good location!
Good service!
First i travelled to Grand intercontinental which is 5 minutes drive, and the hotel people tell me I am in wrong hotel, send me to a taxi. when i reach coex intercontinental, the hotel staff give the taxi fee and take me in.
This is really good hotel, good sercive. Because in China, no hotel would do something like this!
Nearby is Lotte duty free, I did a great shopping.
This hotel has a airport bus, you can take the bus to airport.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Intercontinental Coex in Seoul is one of my favorite choice in Asia! Excellent service, professional and warm service. Superb restaurant and very good bar. Rooms are spacios, very comfortable and with great view on Seoul. The hotel is very well located in Gangnam district, at a walking distance from Coex and other relevant business centers downtown. Not to miss a morning visit to the nearby Bomgeunsa Buddhist temple.