“Cosy night” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Seoul COEX
Ranked #25 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
“Cosy night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Kind of surprised when we were to have our last night spent in this luxury hotel. A good night sleep before having to wake up for a gym session before setting off to some last minute shopping. It was definitely a worth to stay hotel.

Stayed March 2012
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your favorable comments and feedback after your stay with us here in Seoul.

Nothing is more important than a good nights sleep and I am pleased to hear you had exactly that...!
As you have highlighted our Cosmopolitan Fitness Centre certainly is worth a visit and also boasts a wonderful outlook over one of Seoul’s most famous temples which truly is a calming influence in this very active city.
Hopefully next time you return to Seoul you will be able to take advantage of our direct access to areas such as the COEX Mall, the Duty Free store & Casino which are all connected to the hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Seoul, Coex again sometime soon.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice central place in a very cold environment 5 mins from transport ( bus) hub cabs are very expensive do take the buses where you can - hotel - amazing service and food breakfast fantastic dinner try the upstairs resturant - staff very friendly and language not an issue

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback after your stay with us here at the InterContinental Seoul Coex.
Seoul certainly can be a very cold place during winter and something people need to be reminded of when planing to visit at this time of the year. Having said that, Seoul experiences the full four seasons throughout the year and each of them is quite unique and special.

One of our great advantages during the cold winter or humid summer is that we are directly connected to the COEX Shopping Mall, the Duty Free store & Casino which means you don't even need to step outside....this certainly makes for a convenient stay.

Next time you visit, please be aware that there are a number of different taxi services available in Seoul, the Black Cabs are the most expensive but tend to also be the newer and bigger cars. Then there are the orange cabs which are the general taxis, these are best for just general trips. One great service that most taxis provide for free is a translation service that can help you out if you get stuck, however our concierge team can always assist by writing down the directions and or places you need to visit.

Thank you once again for your kind comments on your stay and I will certainly pass these onto the team at both the Brasserie Restaurant and also the Sky Lounge located on the 30th floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Seoul, Coex sometime in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

My previous trips to Seoul involved staying at the Lotte Hotel Chain so I had a fair basis for comparison. First and foremost I have never been able to fault the service that I have received at any of the Hotels in Seoul. Its generally of a high level at any of the 5 star hotels.

The first thing however I liked about the Intercontinental Coex was that there was a direct KAL bus service from Incheon Airport which was very reasonable in price. Note however that Coex Exhibition has two Intercontinentals at separate ends of the Exhibition Centre so worthwhile paying attention to ensure that you don't get off at the wrong Hotel (the other one is called Grand Intercontinental). Check in was painless although I elected to pay the extra to get upgraded to a Club Room. The reason for this is that apart from free internet and wifi throughout the Hotel, the Club Lounge on the 2nd floor is a great place to conduct meetings without the need to book separate meeting rooms (although there are private meeting rooms also available at the Club Lounge). The Lounge also provides breakfast in the mornings and allow for quick check outs without having to queue at the Main reception on the Ground Floor. The only thing I found annoying was that the KAL bus tockets for the return trip back to Incheon Airport was only available at the Main Lobby.

Room and bathroom was spacious and well appointed. I especially found the bed very comfortable although the walls and/or doors were a bit thin as I could hear people talking as they walked past the room. Whilst the flat screen TV had a summary of TV channels, it grouped them which was a bit confusing. Took me awhile to figure out the grouping system but if you channel surf, this shouldn't be a major issue.

Generally I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel. Connected to the lobby is a Lotte Duty Free outlet and the Coex shopping Centre so food options were aplenty without feeling as if you were stuck in the Hotel. I would recommend this Hotel as a great option if you dont need to be in the City Centre

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kebuh
Dear Guest,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, in addition to a some travel myself, we have had a number of large projects underway which have been consuming a lot of my time of late.

Being located on the Southern side of the river or the Gangnam district of Seoul, this area tends to be more modern than the Northern side, but like everywhere, depends on what you are looking for.
There certainly are some cultural and historical places such as the Bongeunsa Temple, located across the street, and the very famous Samneung Park, which has one of the Royal Tombs and with direct access to areas such as the COEX Mall, the Duty Free store & Casino this certainly makes for a convenient stay.

As you have highlighted the direct door to door access to Incheon is also a great advantage of staying with us and certainly makes the trip less troublesome with no changes or transfers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed and recommended our Club Lounge and rooms, since our refurbishment we are certainly receiving a lot of great feedback in relation to these facilities.

Once again thank you for your favorable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

My room was on a non-smoking floor, but the smell of smoke lingered. The worst part of the room is the bathroom faucet. It is dual knobs, with no easy handle to turn; especially hard to turn with wet hands. That aside, the water was hot enough, and decent pressure, though definitely not the greatest. The room lighting controls are disguised as an alarm control, took me a few days to find out (possibly operator error?). The mattress is firm, and a pillow menu is available. The staff speaks English, and are accessible at all hours.

The service was fantastic, the concierge automatically made a car reservation for my return trip. I was sufficiently impressed to conclude this merits five stars for service.

There is no reason to stay at this hotel, since taxis are cheap in Seoul. The Coex Mall is connected to the hotel, but nothing else is nearby.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
johndoe13,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the very good! Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.
Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
IHG Care
Wahroonga, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at the Intercontinental COEX for the first time last week and was impressed. My room had a great view and was well appointed. Great location close to mall and business district. Staff were very helpful.
Just 2 small concerns - prices in the bar were expensive and the Asia Alive restaurant on the 2nd floor which I ate at needs some help. Menu choice was poor and food bland - Plenty of other good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IJC238
Darren M, Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your favorable comments and feedback after your recent stay with us here in Seoul.

Our location and direct access to areas such as the COEX Mall, the Duty Free store & Casino are a great advantage for staying with us here at the InterContinental Seoul COEX and as you have highlighted our higher floor rooms certainly have some of the best views of Seoul and surrounding areas.

I was very pleased and proud that you mentioned the friendliness that all our team here at the InterContinental Seoul Coex display in our attempt to make your stay here in Seoul a pleasant and memorable one but naturally disappointed that you found Asian Live to be not so memorable.

The menu itself is quite extensive offering Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Indian and therefore would be very grateful if you could share a few more details with me on your experience so we can follow up and make any necessary changes and improvements.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your comments and we hope that should you return to Seoul you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

Travel Safe and Best Regards,

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Very good business hotel near the river in Coex. Especially the highest floors have a magnificent views. Rooms are big and clean with a quite hard bed. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Highest floors have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adventure2Stockholm
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased and proud that you mentioned the friendliness that all our team here at the InterContinental Seoul Coex display in our attempt to make your stay here in Seoul a pleasant and memorable one.
Our rooms certainly boast some great views over the Han River, and other areas of Seoul…and do hope you got to visit and enjoy the spectacular view from our Sky Lounge Restaurant located on the 30th Floor..?

Travel Safe and Best Regards,

Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have been to the COEX Intercontinental Hotel on numerous occasions for the wine buffet on a saturday and I am basing my opinion purely on the wine buffet and not the accommodation the hotel offers.
First of all, the fact that the price of this buffet managed to go from 23,000 won up to 39,000 in less than 10 months is an absolute disgrace.
The food on offer is diabolical, and usually consists of typical Korean street food (sundae) to cheese slices, cut in half, still in their wrappers.
Maybe people don't go here just to eat, but for those who do, its not even worth it for what you pay.
Alcohol wise its an OK deal, but the staff seem a bit reluctant to telling you have certain things when the deal is, all you can drink.
The head waiter is an older gentleman who needs to learn a thing or too about attitude and manners in general.
The standard and quality of this otherwise fine establishment has been and continues to deteriorate and I have made the decision to never go again for the wine buffet.
I voiced my opinions to the COEX via email which is of course, ignored.
Give it a miss.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank cfp19
Darren M, Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your recent review in relation to our Lobby Lounge.

Firstly please let me explain why in fact you have not received any response from us:

Despite numerous attempts to contact you from different workstations and email addresses your email continued to bounce back as an invalid address, and as you have only given us this address we have had no other means or ways of contacting you.

We actually did respond to you back in August and again in January however with the same result…”undeliverable address”.
Therefore I was very disappointed to read your comments again here on TripAdvisor knowing that you could have easily called the hotel and asked if we had in fact received your complaint..

We take feedback from all our guests very seriously and use this feedback in many of our meetings to improve the quality and offerings which we cater to our regular and loyal customers.

As per when we received your original email and did reply to you, I would be more than happy to discuss your experience in greater detail and encourage you to contact me here at the hotel directly at anytime, however given the problems we have had with your email account I suggest you do this by means of telephone!

Thank you once again for taking the time to voice your opinion, however please share the facts without making assumptions.

I hope to hear back from you sometime in the near future.