“Love the seared salmon and salmon burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Salt and Butter - CLOSED

Salt and Butter
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Apgujeong / Cheongdam
Description: we are a casual american restaurant, serving homemade burgers, fresh salads, pastas, and other seasonal food.
Seoul, South Korea
“Love the seared salmon and salmon burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is famous with Korea's expat community for its beef burgers, but it also offers some delicious alternatives for those who prefer seafood. The first time I visited Salt and Butter, I had the seared salmon, which was excellent. The next time I had the salmon burger which I really liked. I would recommend the salmon burger which is 100% salmon and is cheaper than the seared salmon entree.

As for the fries, I loved the truffle fries with aioli sauce. The fries were crispy and I wanted to put the aioli sauce on everything including my salmon. The second time I went, my friend wanted cheese fries. I wouldn't recommend ordering the cheese fries because it's just plain fries topped with plain cheese sauce that lacked much flavor. All it did was make the fries to become soggy. Ordering crispy fries with sauce on the side is the way to go.

Customer service is very good and my servers have always been polite. I believe either the manager or owner is often at the restaurant to help with the cooking and serving.

I will return to this restaurant for the salmon burger and truffle fries.

• Visited October 2013

“Good american eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Well worth the walk from subway stop. Nice quaint area and thr restaurant itself has a great aymosphere and great tasty and fresh food.

san antonio
“Good American food in Seoul.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I had to give this place a 5 because it is one of the best places I've eaten in Korea. In the states it would be an average restaraunt. But the beef here is just odd tasting. Chili cheese fries were good. Just a bit to many beans and onions. Drinks were good. Meatball sliders were really good. Hamburger was average. Restaraunt is a bit pricey, but I did leave full. Manager is from L.A., really nice guy.

1 Thank jharve07
Seoul, South Korea
“Food is Fresh and Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The owner of this joint has a farm in the country and told me they grow their own veggies and cure their own bacon! They also use Prime grade meat for their burgers, fresh not frozen! You can taste the difference from the first bite! The owner is also very passionate about food unlike a lot of restaurants nowadays where the cooks and chefs are just paycheck collectors! This is his passion. Although the prices may appear expensive, I view it as a great value and very inexpensive for what you get. Tell them Joon sent ya LOL.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank crayonshinchan
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burger in Seoul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Salt and Butter epitomizes the idea of the hand-crafted burger. We're talking about a chef who grinds his own meat and smokes his own bacon (he has a smokehouse in the back). This is the kind of care you get at Salt and Butter, a second floor Apgu joint with atmosphere and flavor the likes rarely seen in Korea. Watermelon salad and chili fries are also serious crowd pleasers. Ideal location for a date or a start to the night out with friends. Occasional musical performances as well.

• Visited July 2012