“Great lodging for a good price!!”
Review of Chocolate Tree

Chocolate Tree
Ranked #9 of 942 Seoul B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Great lodging for a good price!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Chocolate Tree is conveniently located near to Sinchon subway station and is within walking distance of both Hongdae and Edae. The rooms come with an attached toilet and is very clean. It also has a tv and a computer. There are also laundry rooms and a shared kitchen with free eggs and bread etc to cook a simple morning meal.

Staff there are extremely friendly and helpful. Every last Wednesday of the month, there is a free bbq held on the rooftop of a neighbouring hostel. It was a ton of fun for us and was one of the highlights of our trip!

Definitely a hostel that is worth your money. (:

Room Tip: There are no elevators so choose a lower floor if you have a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Chocolate tree is a gorgeous hostel, I stayed here for 9nights. They offer every facilities that hotels do ,but for free . The staff treated me so well just like their family, they helped me to clean my room and move my "over" overweight luggage without asking for tips. If I have a chance to visit Seoul again, Chocolate tree will absolutely be my number one priority.
巧克力樹的地點優,設備一應俱全,每位員工待人就像家人般親切,在那度過的九個夜晚中,他們甚至還幫我打掃房間況且不收我留的小費,真的是以民宿的價格得到飯店級的服務。

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Willie0130
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Chocolate tree feels like home after a tired day of shopping. Its clean n comfortable. Even though its a hostel it has all the facilities that a hotel could provide. Free wifi and also rental of the wifi egg. It is really useful when traveling as we can stay online all the time. The bosses here are friendly and always helpful. And there's party every wed!

• Stayed June 2013
Tainan, Taiwan
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It's really good to live here, staffs are really nice;) n the room is really clean ,also they have given us for many services like sending postcard , free breakfast ,wifi n so on. It's a good place for staying Seoul :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Viola C
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just back from seoul. It's really a good place! I love Chocolate Tree! CT brings a lot of memories to us during our seoul trip. All the things there are great! The location is quite near the subway and it's so convenient for us to go anythere in seoul. The staff are sooooooooooo nice and friendly! They are just like friends! really nice to meet all of you! CT offers a wide services like food, skype telephone, washing machine, etc. It makes me feel warm! I like the decoration of CT, it is beautiful and we can write memos and stick them on the board:)
Though the room we lived during 4 nights is not such big but most of the amenties is included! for example, computer, television, fridge. It is surprised that the wifi network is cover all the areas in CT!
I will choose to stay in Chocolate Tree again when i visit seoul in the future!!
Thanks CT gives us a memorable trip in korea:-) Fighting!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 루이스
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's my first free&easy trip to Seoul. After searching for so many different hostels, I chose Chocolate Tree upon the recommendation from someone.

On my first day, I had issues with the wifi prepaid, they helped me with a refund and offered me the portable wifi egg for the whole of my stay! Chocolate tree has thought of everything for the guests. The entire stay of 2 weeks was so cosy and comfortable that I felt at home (:

The staff are so friendly, always so willing to help us. With greetings and concerns every day, I feel very welcomed.

Times when we're lazy to go out and have dinner, they can help us order food into the guesthouse! (:

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's a nice hostel. We've stayed for 4 nights here. The staffs were kind and friendly to us. We stayed in here is just like a home.

There are enough facilities for us to use. The rooms are clean and neat. Also, we can enjoy our breakfast everyday. We'll come back again next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends