“Hospitable owners and great location!”

Egg Guesthouse Korea
Ranked #101 of 999 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It's our 2nd time in Seoul and we stayed in Egg Hostel. The building is easy to locate and it's just 3 bus stops away from the airport. Hostel's location is in university area that we always stay out late exploring and food trip. The price is just right for the location.

We were so happy with our stay here especially that Egg Sun and Egg moon, the owners, were so accommodating and hospitable. Thankful for Egg sun since she waited for our arrival, which was really late. :)

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A bit cold in winter, not enough heat. Location excellent. Area good for everthing. Staff very friendly. Has kettle in the room which can make hot tea. The building is quite secured. Room facing street has traffic noise. Overall good money and value.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I (7 people in total) stay at Egg Hostel for 6 nights. Firstly, the location is very convenient, just one min away from hongdae and hongdae train station, and you can take KTX from Incheon Airport to Hongdae.

Their room is quite spacious and comfortable with private bathroom, mini kitchen, television, strong wifi and they have a common laundry room. The staff there, Sun, Moon and Shiny were super helpful and friendly, they made the entire trip enjoyable and easy.

Totally love the experience, would recommend Egg Hostel to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location excellent, nice and clean room. We stayed at Egg Hostel for 8 nights. We had no complaint. It is a budgeted hostel provided with the basic requirement I wanted. November is cold at night, however I got a heater to keep warmer while sleeping. The Hongdae area is good for everything, restaurants, shopping and lot of students and young people, feeling of lively.

Room Tip: Room facing street is a little noisy at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went to Korea with my mom in 2012.
And I found Egg Hostel on the internet.
Because of its acceptable price and location, I booked a room right away.
When I arrived at the hostel, there was a convenience store next to the Hostel building.
The room was tidy.
If I go to Korea again, it will be my best choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
egg h, 매니저 at Egg Guesthouse Korea, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hello
Many Thanks for you write review and good words ^^
We always try to provide reasonable rooms for you stay.

We hope you see you again on next time.
Have a good days and take care.

Egg Hostel Team

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at Egg Hostel for 3 nights with my friend from over New Year's. I must say Egg Hostel is really at a brilliant location - literally right in front of Hongdae Station exit 2 - and the rooms are really big and spacious with ensuite bathrooms. The staff are nice and friendly and accomodating AND they speak fluent English! I arrived early in the morning and I checked in and they stored my luggage in the office and gave me the passcode to my room. When I returned at night I went straight to my room and my luggage was already there. I didn't have to go through any extra procedures. The rooms are equipped with a mini kitchen with two single beds. The ensuite bathroom does not have a bathtub but it does have a proper shower area. As it was wintertime when I went, the major drawback was that the floors were not heated, but there was an extra fan-heater in the room, so it was still warm. The location really is excellent - since Hongdae station can be reached by Airport Express and there are lifts at the station too. It's a really nice hostel. Although it's a bit more expensive compared to other hostels, I think it really is worth its price because it has bigger and nicer rooms and it is right next to the station.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank feikay
egg h, Owner at Egg Guesthouse Korea, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello. Many thanks for you written on review.
I am very happy you have a great time in your trip.

We provide the service to foreign friend who stay here that keep their luggage at our storage. If they arrive here in the morning to check in. they can travel without luggage taken.

A key point of Egg Hostel Korea is to provide a big enough space be stayed. We will try and try to prepare clean and comfortable room.

^^ The location of Egg Hostel Korea is very near from hongik subway station(A"REX & line #2). You need just 1 min, you can get here from subway exit #2.
Also it just take 15 min if you want to go to Myeongdong shopping area.

I hope to see you on next time and take care.
Have a great days.
Thanks.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The couple are very nice. We really enjoy our staying in the Egg, 1. convenient transportation, about 2 minutes walk to the subway, close to the university and the bars (many delicious restaurants there) 2. clean and nice living condition, room is very clean, our side is facing to the neighbourhood, very quiet 3. excellent service, Egg couple are the best :)

Room Tip: traffic very easy, rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jing Yu T

Hello. Many thanks for you written on review.
I am very happy you have a great time in your trip.

Also it just take 15 min if you want to go to Myeongdong shopping area.

I hope to see you on next time and take care.
Have a great days.