“Treated like a Queen”
Review of SK-II Boutique Spa

SK-II Boutique Spa
Ranked #6 of 241 Spas & Wellness in Seoul
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the center of Gangnam, the trendsetting district of Seoul, SK-II Boutique Spa is Asia's largest spa with one-on-one consultation system and state-of-the-art facilities. The Spa set a new milestone on March 17, 2015 - exceeding 3,000 visitors from overseas.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am joining Tripadvisor just to express my appreciation to the spa staff members. I had received spa treatments before, but this place stood out - it treated me like a royalty. My therapist was a true professional even though she did not speak much English - she was incredibly caring, thoughtful and, above all, amazingly proficient in her massage techniques. During my stay in Seoul, I had the very best relaxation at this spa, an experience I will remember for years to come. I will surely come back when I visit Seoul again.

8  Thank eva s

Reviewed August 6, 2013

So happy that I was able to make a last minute massage appointment at SK-II Boutique Spa on my last visit to Seoul. While not inexpensive, it was a relative value compared to the spa prices at the Park Hyatt Seoul. The hotel concierge contacted the SK-II Boutique Spa to inquire about a reservation, and I was initially told there was no availability for my preferred times. I then emailed the Boutique directly and was later happy to learn that there was availability for a massage; I believe that the facial treatments are more popular (understandably, for fans of SK-II products) than massage treatments.

I chose a whole body Tesla Massage treatment package, though requested that they focus all the time on my upper and lower back--the boutique staff was happy to accommodate the special request. I also added a foot bath, scalp massage, and facial mask treatment to the package.

In short, the experience was AMAZING. I've had a lot of massages in my life but this one ranks as one of the best I've had. I had requested a male masseuse since usually they are stronger, and I like a strong massage. It turns out that my masseuse was the trainer for massage treatments for the entire staff, and he definitely worked out all the knots and stresses from my back. The experience started with the foot bath/massage, and seamlessly integrated all the different options I chose. In all, it was about 2hrs of pure relaxation--a little painful at times, but it hurt so good. As with shiatsu massages, I felt a little sore for a day or two afterwards, but my body felt rebalanced and I felt great afterwards.

A similar 2hr massage package at my hotel spa would have been twice the price, and without all the treatment add-ons. The SK-II Boutique Spa experience was one of the highlights of my trip to Korea, and I look forward to going back on future visits. Would highly recommend.

7  Thank Tom C
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am a big fan of SK-II products and i have been using it for 2 year with a general idea of almost every product they carry except LXP.

I suggest to take a cab to get to the spa where isn't close to any metro station. The salon is smaller and less lavish than i expected considering the treatment cost compared with US spa salons. However, everyone there was very friendly and professional. I was offered tea before the treatment and juice/waffles after. Since my husband was waiting for me the staff checked on him frequently and made sure he got tea/snack while waiting. Great service.

I had whitening facial and body massage in two separated visits. Both were very nice and the therapists were very skillful. Both treatments ran way longer than the menu suggested and so many products were used in each time. My face looked so nice and glow for days after the facial, the best i haven ever had for years!! The therapists also gave me gifts after each visit, first time was some samples of body lotion, and shower accessories while the 2nd gift was 5 sample size of SK-II products used on my treatment.

The treatment cost honestly is high but well worth it. The therapists skill is what I really die for.

15  Thank sandylee83
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was there because my boyfriend booked it for me. I didn't know the price until the last moment(I found the price when my boyfriend paid for it.) I was little bit surprised, but I thought it was worthy it. I had Whole Body Oil Massage program for 80minutes. I had so amazing time. My masseuse was so skilful and their service was so great. I strongly recommend this place.

5  Thank Jimmy T
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The spa treatment (Royal LXP) was a birthday gift from my Korean boyfriend who knows everything about Seoul. At first I was not thrilled because I had a strong prejudice of my own when it came to comsmetics. I had been a loyal "la Mer" user for years.

The experience totally changed me. I fell asleep during the session (the gentle warm steam on my face felt too good) but when I looked into the mirror afterwards, I said, "Wow, is this me?" I certanly looked different and my skin felt silky soft like a baby. My boyfriend was quite surprised to see me coming out of the treatment room. Upon the spa's suggestion, I skipped shower that night and I looked even better the next morning and the whole week.

I eventually ended up buying SK II LXP products. Somehow, however, they did not have quite the same effect on me as the treatment session.

I would recommend this to anyone visiting Seoul as a special treat and for anyone else wondering if SK II is right for them.

7  Thank Sophie1135