“Excellent food, but high price, OK service”

Pasha Turkish Kebab & Food House
Ranked #657 of 122,984 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gangnam / Nonhyeon / Yeoksam
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Whether or not you enjoy this restaurant depends on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend. The food is excellent. I mean it's really, really, really good, probably the best Turkish I've had. But, it is quite pricey at least relative to other dining options. I went there on a date and it worked out to 27,000 won (USD25) per person without drinks. Still, even for someone as cheap as me, it was worth it. Still, I'd reserve future visits for special occasions. Also, I recommend going their for lunch rather than dinner: big savings on their set meals. If you haven't lived in East Asia too long (I have) and still think service is important (I've stopped caring), you should know that the service here isn't the best, although it's not worse than anywhere else in Seoul. The one thing that really bothered me is that their website is outdated. I had checked it out and chosen what I wanted beforehand, but found out at the restaurant that some of those dishes weren't on the many anymore and prices were much, much higher than announced. This soured my mood, but in the end the food was so good I forgave them.

2  Thank Stephan M

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh this restaurant is since you can have good quality kebabs, and there is a buffet.
Kind hard to find places like this in gangnam
Many foreigners dinner here daily.
Classy room imho

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Pasha resturant is the best resturant in seoul presents halal food the service is good and the food is very tasety.
It is the only halal rest. I found in Kangnam area.
I recommend it for every moslim visits seoul.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The other reviews for this place must be based on the food alone. I just wrote another review for a Pasha restaurant in Gangnam, but am now noticing pictures and this is the place. We were there for a late dinner and got the worst service I've ever experienced in my life short of the waiters actually pouring a hot drink in our laps. Food was good, I will give them that. However, it came all at once so we could not enjoy our appetizers without our meal getting cold. They never refilled our water glasses. They never asked us how the food was and if we needed anything else. And they took away the salad and dessert bar ahead of time and without a courtesy notice. I don't care how good the food is, I will not be going back. I'd rather have average food and excellent service.

1  Thank Ana B
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant has tasty food if you're looking for a change from the usual western choices, HOWEVER you should be prepared for frustration after frustration. Make no mistake, the prices do not warrant such poor service. We will of course NOT BE BACK.

1. We each ordered an appetizer and a main course and they brought them all at the same time, meaning that a) our food got cold; and b) we could not really enjoy our appetizers. I'm pretty sure that is not how they do things in Turkey or Korea normally, but not wanting to seem like pretentious snobs we let that one pass. Big mistake!

2. Our water glasses were not filled even once throughout our entire meal, and no waiter asked us if our food was OK, if we needed anything else etc. What's one supposed to do? Whistle?

3. They had a salad bar that included dessert which they promptly took away more than 15 minutes ahead of the advertised time, without bothering to give a courtesy notice in case we would have liked to try something from there before they take it all away. When we went to get dessert, it was all gone, clean, put away. On our way out, we asked until when is the salad and desert bar available and we were told 10pm. It was 9.51 at that point. When we told them it would have been polite to receive a courtesy notice before taking that out, and especially before taking that out ahead of time, we promptly received to the effect of "this is the Pasha system" - Really?! Let me tell you that doesn't make it OK and it's something that needs CHANGING.