“muy bueno”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It is as close as you will get to authentic Mexican food. The drinks are not the world's best but the food more than makes up for it.

Enjoy,

AS

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We live 8 months a year in Baja Mexico and I have to tell you this restaurant does a very good job in preparing Mexican food. We had the Shrimp Tacos, and the Fish Tacos, a little small but wonderful. That night we went back for Burritos and their signature dish of Kimchi and frys. I am not a fan of Kimchi but the dish was right on and we would order it again. They just moved into a new beautiful location. Don't pass this up if your looking for Mexican food in Seoul, Korea, it is a keeper. The local newspaper lists this as the number on resturant in Seoul and for good reason.

2  Thank John M
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Seoul. I've only gotten the tacos (shrimp, fish, carnitas, etc) and they are small but they are sooo good. Can't wait for the new location to open.

1  Thank alaskag
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've been looking for decent mexican food, since I got to korea. Vatos has hit that craving I will agree its not the best or typical mexican restaurant but for korea this place is above the competition. Worth a try, just make sure to make a reservation.

1  Thank Ricardo R
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I made our obligatory visit to Vatos for a friend's going away party. If we hadn't had reservations we would have never gotten a seat. We eat out a lot. We like eating out, and we are not always looking for a bargain. Did I enjoy Vatos? Sure. What we ordered tasted good and the drinks were nice. However, I don't get all the buzz. The fusion Mexican-Korean is interesting, but it isn't the best food available in Seoul. The atmosphere gives the word confining new meaning. Will I return? Perhaps, but with more realistic expectations. I would recommend giving this place a try, but if you go in expecting a new experience in eating you will be disappointed.

2  Thank gado184