“Overpriced Petite Pies”
Review of Tartine Too

Tartine Too
Ranked #68 of 647 Dessert in Seoul
Cuisines: American
Description: TARTINE too... Is a authentic American Pie Cafe with BRUNCH on the weekends. We also have a great variety of cold beverages, Pie Shakes, Milk Shakes, Fruit Ades, plus coffee and teas. Next door we have a bakery, Astoria's OLD TOWN BAKERY where we have Meatloaf, Beef Pot Pie and Quiche which can be heated and eaten in our cafe along with a great variety of breads. Everything we sell we make in our own kitchens by hand. You may pay a little more than franchise bakeries, but you can taste the difference that made by hand makes. BRUNCH is from 10am to 2:30pm Saturday and Sunday
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Got suckered in because of the adorable sized pies in the display window but was disappointed upon the first bite. These pies are overpriced and nothing special. You could buy a full size frozen pie from the grocery store and it would probably taste better. There are other places in Itaewon that are cheaper and better.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I came in by myself for a tart and some black tea. It was $11 together...which is a bit pricey, but I enjoyed myself. The tart was fantastic and the tea went perfectly with it.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Honestly, this place is pricey, even for Seoul, however not necessarily for Itaewon. Don't get me started on the new shop up past the Hamilton charging almost 5,000won for a chocolate cookie. And for people going here for brunch, one look at the place will tell you this isn't really a restaurant, its a bakery. I wouldn't expect to get a full breakfast here anymore than I would order an omlete at Dunkin Donuts. This menu diversion is just another misguided effort to compete with everyone in everything. (Very common in Korea, where businesses like Samsung and LG make everything from cellphones and cars to toothpaste and toilet paper and millions live in apartment buildings built Samsung and Hyundai.)

As far as the baked goods, they are on the small side for the price, however I will say they are higher quality and fresher than 98% of the nearly 3,500 Paris Baguette franchises in Korea of course like any NON-franchise business in Korea service and quality suffers when the owner isn't there.. Its obvious this place is run by a baker and not just some franchise operator getting prepackaged egg tarts from a factory in Daegu. Service is average for Korea meaning somewhere below a New York Hot Dog Stand, but above the typical Paris Bistro. But still, why the 5 stars? One word.

RHUBARB !!!!! This is the only place I have found in all of Korea where I can get rhubarb pie and strawberry-rhubarb pie. They are small and pricey (although not as much as hotels charge in their bakeries), but when you are the only game in the entire country and you even attempt to make it taste like the way grandma use to make it, that is worth 5 stars!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went here for brunch on a Sunday and found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I loved that right at the top their menu informs you that they cook using bacon fat and that if you are a vegetarian/have special dietary needs you can request that they cook your food in canola oil. The food was good and a pretty good value. I was stuffed and my meal was about 11,000 won. They even had delicious breakfast drinks. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The pies and pastries in this place are (as the other review states) indeed of a decent enough standard that they are worth wandering in to buy (although they are five times the price of your comparative Paris Baguette product, yet still of the same quality). However, if you are considering going to this place for a Brunch, honestly, forget it.

I generally only use TripAdvisor to review places where I have been so enthralled by the excellent food and service that I feel obliged to pass on my compliments to the proprietors and hopefully gain them some extra business. If I receive an average meal in a restaurant I tend to keep it to myself as I figure it could have just been 'one of those days' and I am wanton to potentially impact the hard work of any business owner simply trying to make ends meet in a highly competitive business.

But, when I visit a place like this, which has the gall to advertise a product all over the nearest Subway Station, only for it to be ludicrously over-priced ( about 17,000 Won :O ), ridiculously below-par and served with an astoundingly poor level of service - I feel compelled to share with the world how (in antithesis) incredibly poor it is.

The brunch was, in essence, some luke-warm baked beans, a sausage patty which looked like it had been regurgitated by a dying animal, the driest, most flavourless 'hash brown' I have ever come across which was basically just grated potato, flat-grilled, which somebody had then proceeded to sneeze pepper over, the thickest, fattiest 'bacon' you've ever seen and a salad, A SALAD, to accompany this stodgy, ill-chosen, menagerie of crap which seemingly fell onto the plate by chance before being labelled as a 'brunch'.

Honestly, if you want a good Irish/English/American style fry-up, just walk the extra 5 minutes to the nearby WolfHound (where admittedly the bacon is even worse than here, but the rest of the ingredients are far, far superior) - if you want a 'brunch' like the one served at this place you may as well just stumble blindfolded into the nearest EMart or HomePlus and proceed to bumble around, selecting five random ingredients as you go, before preparing them all in the same rice-cooker. The food served at this place was, quite literally, in one word, diabolical.

1  Thank daniels2391