“JK HOUSE IS DAEBAK!!”
Review of Hongdae JK House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seoul
Hongdae JK House
Ranked #129 of 610 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My 3 friends and I stayed there for 12 days and it was the best experience ever.. Got the 14 level with a nice overview scenery of Seoul/Hongdae. Very Clean and neat room and spacious. They clean the the house each day. Subway? its just underneath the building. all you got to do is take the lift dwn to basement 1 and Hongik Univ subway is there. Not to mention Hongdae nightlife, the shopping and all the nice street food is just around the corner. Lastly not forgetting JK.. The handsome and tall man which is super friendly.. He's very accommodating.. Two thumbs up for Hongdae JK House.. Will definitely come back here again.. I recommend this place to my friends and family :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shahiswhoiam

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Seoul 3 times and my stay at Hongdae JK Guesthouse is the best. They greeted us with a very warm welcome smile and we really love their spacious rooms and toilet. Their pocket wifi is very helpful specially we needed to be online, to be updated on maps etc. Will definetly go back and stay here..infact booked already this coming OCTOBER and excited to see JK and his friends again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friends and I (group of 4) stayed at Hongdae JK house last year and were very happy with the great service that JK (the owner) showed us. =)

Room - Our room was very big with 2 bunk beds, a bathroom, mini kitchenette and a dresser.

Location - the location is in the hongdae area near the hongik university. Its an excellent location if you like browsing around small boutique shops and enjoy going out at night. The building where the hostel is has access to the subway through the basement, there's a dunkin donuts at the lobby if you want to grab a sandwich before heading out and the airport bus has a stop just down the road.

Staff - The owner speaks english and is learning mandarin as well. He's very accommodating, he even had dinner with us and took us to one of the bars in the hongdae area for a drink.

I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family! :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, and I loved my room! The room was spacious, super clean, with a washer to do your own laundry (for free)! Most of all, the location was perfect in terms of convenience! As previous reviewers have also mentioned, public transportation is literally footsteps away from the JK House.

Oh, and JK! This man is really cool and down to earth. He was really accommodating and helpful to me with any and all questions I had, especially as a solo traveler. Thanks a million, JK!! :D I really appreciated your availability and friendliness/willingness to help!

I totally recommend the Hongdae JK House!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friends and I loved our stay at this hostel and we would like to thank JK especially for his great hospitality. The room we stayed in is large and tidy. As for the hosts, JK is fluent in mandarin and Kyle is fluent in English so communication is not a problem at all.

We have also joined the tour to Petit France and Nami Island with the hostel and it was great fun!

We will be happy to return to the hostel when we next visit Seoul.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The guesthouse itself is very clean and the owners are very friendly who can speak simple mandarin. It helps a lot when you don't speak Hangul at all. The location and public transport are fabulous! Hongdae JK Hse is located at Hongik University Station (line 2) and you can just hope on and transfer to any other lines to anywhere you want! Hongdae is crazy! No regret if you stay at Hongdae. I used to worry when I chose to stay at Hongdae cause it may not as popupar or common as Myeongdong & Dongdaemun, but amazingly I found out Hongdae is so sooo much better than Myeongdong & Dongdaemun. Btw, the owner of Hongdae JK house can help you to book any concerts or shows tickets & be your tour guide to anywhere based on your request! Just let them know before hand. They're very friendly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My parents and I stayed at Hongdae JK House for 4 nights during our recent visit to Seoul. Our room, or rather an apartment / SOHO unit, was located at the 12th floor.

Pros:
1) Generally it was a good stay and it's pretty easy to locate the guesthouse. The building is close to Hongik University subway station, in fact, it's just few steps away from the subway's Exit 1 (staircase walkway). If you are having large luggages like we did, I would recommend you to take Exit 2 which is escalator walkway. The guesthouse is located some 500M behind Exit 2, just beside Dunkin Donuts.

2) Room is decent & clean. We had a 4-bedded room which consisted 1 double decker bed and 1 queen size bed with a kitchen with basic utensils.

3) Located close to many good eateries and restaurants. Hongik is an area favoured by university students so the prices of meals are reasonable. They have a lot of BBQ joints just across the street of the guesthouse. Pizza hut, KFC, and 7-11 are also within walking distance.

4) They do arrange trips to Nami Island at a discounted price when you stay with them. The trip includes transportation, entrance fees, and lunch. We loved it as our Dak-galbi lunch was simply awesome!

Cons:
1) Unlike other guesthouse where you get to interact with other guests during your stay, this is not the case in Hongdae JK House. As the rooms are located in a commercial / residential building with offices and SOHO units, you won't be able to meet other guests. It's pretty much like staying in a hotel at a much cheaper rate.

2) Breakfast was included but it was nothing to shout about. We had to go to the guesthouse's office at 6th floor to have the breakfast, and it only served from 8:30am. There was not many choices, just bread, jam, cereal drinks, and coffee. It was basically eating in their office / home with limited spaces. We decided to buy our own breakfast from the nearby convenience store after the 1st day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family