“Fun find...”

Braai Republic
Ranked #17 of 122,494 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: African, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Description: Braai Republic serves South African home-style cooking, focusing on our own sausages including boerewors, lamb chops and freshly-baked meat pies. Kitchen hours: (Monday to Thursday) 17:00- 21:00 (Friday to Sunday) 12:00- 21:00 Atmosphere: Open kitchen and Casual Tip: Come before 6pm - even on weekedays we get busy early!
lyme, NH
“Fun find...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stumbled upon this place on ladies night so drinks were free but we paid a price in the noise level and atmosphere. The sausages and lamb pot pie were great...the grilled chops were a bit bland and tough.

I'd like to go back again when it was less crowded and noisy! It's a bit of a bar scene, at least on ladies night.

The owner/manager ( not sure which ) was really really nice.

1 Thank avidindoorsman
thebiltongguy, Owner at Braai Republic, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Yes, Thursday Ladies' nights can get a bit rowdy -the wine is not entirely free though, it's KRW 8000 for bottomless house wine between 6 and 9 (for the ladies only)!
It can also be quite noisy on Saturdays and sometimes Tuesdays when we have the all-you-can-eat lamb special. I would like to clarify that we have a policy of not playing the music loud enough to drown out conversation -when it does get noisy it is because people are enjoying themselves, not because we try to raise the sound levels. Your best bets for a quiet meal is probably Wednesday nights when we have no specials on, Friday lunch or Sunday lunch. It all depends on the patrons of the day in the end.
Thanks for the review - if people visit us expecting a muted, formal atmosphere they might be surprised!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Grand Cayman
“Awesome atmosphere, awesome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped in for food and rugby, and we were not disappointed! It was so much fun, and my spicy pork pie was delicious. The owner was friendly and the service was great. I highly recommend this great slice of the savannah in the middle of Seoul.

“Yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Korea for 6 months now, and this place had the best western food I've had here. I had the pie of the day. At first sight it looked a little small, until I realised it was jammed full of filling. Delicious and filling. I will go again.

Tokyo, Japan
“Best experience in South Korea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This restaurant was fantastic! I have never had South African food and I was looking for a food experience while traveling. While it was slightly difficult to find (look at their Facebook page for pictures to find it) it was well worth the hunt. The staff was amazing, the food was cooked and presented to perfection. I had the Banger Roll and I wish I'd had more time to go back and try the Chicken Pie, which one of the waitresses said was her 2nd favorite.

2 Thank Lee Ann E
Seoul, South Korea
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is truly a favorite. Have been back often. They have games you can play as well, or you can bring there own. Family friendly or great as date night! Surf and Turf (South African style) is incredible.

• Visited August 2013