“Excellent food”

Ranked #12 of 122,995 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Description: Braai Republic serves South African home-style cooking, focusing on our own sausages including boerewors, lamb chops and freshly-baked meat pies. Kitchen hours: (Monday to Thursday) 17:00- 21:00 (Friday to Sunday) 12:00- 21:00 Atmosphere: Open kitchen and Casual Tip: Come before 6pm - even on weekedays we get busy early!
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A friend of mine from South Africa took me here a few months ago. I liked it so much that I took my sister and brother in law back when they came to visit. If you are familiar with Itaewon, the restaurant is located down a side street across the street from "What the Book". You have to travel back a bit and then the restaurant is on your left, up some stairs. The place itself is not very big (probably would seat 50 or less people) and is covered in South African paraphernalia.

The friend I went with the first time is friends with the owner and he came over to chat with us for a bit. He was very nice and friendly. The food was VERY good. Both times I went I ordered the same thing, some bangers along with garlic mashed potatoes and some creamy spinach. The bangers (think big sausages) were extremely flavorful and very tasty. As were the potatoes and the spinach. The price seemed okay as well, not cheap but also not expensive. They also serve lamb. The staff spoke/understood English well.

Overall, good atmosphere with a friendly owner and staff along with some very tasty food. Definitely worth checking out.

2  Thank Ben492

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had the lamb chops and bangers with mash. Cooked very well. Good texture and flavor. Great home few beer. Will return.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere and all you can drink wine for ladies on a Thursday. What more could a girl ask for! No complaints at all.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food, atmosphere and service here was great! I haven't had such a meaty meal worthy of commenting on in ages. Well done braai republic.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The lamb chops are amazing!!!!!!! So is the creamy spinach!!!!!!!! I went here with some friends and then a few weeks later again with my family when they were visiting. The staff is friendly and service is good! It's definitely a "go-to" place whenever we are in the Itaewon area. It's hard to find for the first time, but its worth searching for. You will walk out with a happy tummy and thankful one!!!!!!!