“I will not return”

Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Sinsa / Garosugil
Neighborhood: Sinsa / Garosugil
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The things that matter the most - the food, the atmosphere, and the service - were poor. Flavors were muddled, uninspired, and lacked focus. (The chocolate foie gras, for example, sounds intriguing but tasted boring. The fake flickering candles, the slick, shiny surfaces (including the heart "art"), and the looping - and loopy - video inspired mirth instead of creating a romantic atmosphere. Finally, the service was slow and erratic (e.g. the server failed to replace utensils taken away, handed out dessert menus then never came back to take our order).

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We were directed here by our hotel concierge, who described it as trendy and excellent. Far from it. The dishes were boring and as my dining companion put it, the flavors were "muddy." Service was slow and inexperienced (thanks for the salad; can I please have a fork?). There must be hundreds of better restaurants in Seoul. Don't waste your time and money on this one.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stumbled on the Itaewon branch one evening and had a very disappointing meal. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the restaurant's interior is gorgeous, but the food is subpar and the prices quite high. The most irritating moment of the evening came when I ordered a glass of chardonay, at which point our otherwise very friendly and accommodating waiter poured about 2 ounces max into an oversized wine glass (a proper pour should be 4~5 ounces). I wish I took a picture as the sight was quite comical. After my partner and I began to laugh over the incident and I raised my wine glass into the air to inspect just how small of a pour it actually was, another waiter intervened and added a few drops to my glass, probably topping the entire pour out at 3 ounces - unacceptably low, especially at $10+/glass. I don't understand if our waiter wasn't used to pouring wine or if this is a restaurant policy? In any event, if I'm dropping $50+ for an entree and $10+ for a glass of wine, I expect to receive a proper glass. And despite there being more than 3 employees behind the bar the restaurant couldn't mix a Bloody Mary.

1  Thank Jstern115
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've been there once gettin' the set menu. Let's start saying the price is high but it's clearly advertised on the card menu. According to the price, customers are though expecting to have a consequently high level experience. Unfortunatly, despite a pretty good way to serve food and the overall environment, quality was just avarage and, moreover, be expecting to be unfulfilled after dinner because the portions are very small (like nouvell cousine impose).

1  Thank Pathfinder_1111
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice restaurant located in a building where level 1 is their shop selling nice bags, shoes etc, 2nd level is the restaurant and level 3 a garden.
Recommended by world 50 best restaurant hence decided to give it a try. Chose the chef's recommendation set dinner, which include lobster, abalone, for gras, steak etc. A total of 7 courses. Very filling at the end :)
The staff were pretty attentive, but as in most part of Seoul, language remain a main issues, but can see they do try their very best in making us comfortable.
Fine dining in this place do lack the finest as compare to those in Japan, the food served were efficient with no break in between courses.one thing strange is that there isn't a dress code for a fine dining place.
Overall, a pleasant experience with pretty good food. Will look forward to see the growth in fine dining culture in Seoul.

3  Thank Meijisawdust