“Sincere italian food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Apgujeong / Cheongdam
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Planned to celebrate my friend bday at this restaurant and requested for a window seat. Enjoy the attention and hospitality shown by the waitress. She offered tonhelp me hanf my coat (and eventually also help me to put on before we leave...so sweet and thanks!).
The linguine pescatore served in a big plate is eye openinh and i am amazed with the generous servings of clams, flower crabs and scallop with linguine. The sun dried tomato went awesomely well with the olive oil and it only requires minimum of seasoning of herbs and salt pepper to make it so perfect!
My friend has good feedback for the risotto ordered. According to her...this is one of the good risotto she has tasted so far.
Dessert of mango panna cotta blew us away. Generoys servings of cubed mango topped the dual color panna cotta. And the mango surprises us as it is frozen and taste like sorbet. The dessert is not overly sweet.just the way we like it:)
Chocolate cake is hot and the dollop of cream that topped the cake is light amd complement the bitter sweet cake.

There are newer reviews for The Kitchen Salvatore Cuomo

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The lunch buffet has various options - fresh from the kitchen. If you don't want more korean food in seoul, then this is one restaurant that you should try.

1  Thank artmanus
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had dinner at The Kitchen twice in one week, the pizza is good and the pasta looked great (my dining companion enjoyed it). The quality of food exceeded my expectations. The service staff were attentive both nights. The only downside was that everything is expensive: USD 25 for a small (tiny) pizza margarita and USD 7 for a beer.

1  Thank Tryitoutnow
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Perfect pizza (they now deliver in the area!), delightful wine list, artfully created primi and secondi. Flavors exact to what we ate when we lived in Italy. Service top notch and multilingual. Just a bit difficult to find. LIMITED PARKING - but valet available.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

After doing some reserach on various Italian restaurants in seoul i decided to book a table for the 3 of us for dinner on a friday evening. Very nice location and layout of the restaurant, atmosphere is only bothered by the loud house music pumping through the speakers (in an italian restaurant, really?) The menu looked nice, we ordered the caprese with buffalo mozzarella and DOC pizza, resp. risotto. The waiter returned few seconds later claming they sold out the caprese and vegetable risotto. I was very surprised and asked how the caprese can be sold out of they claim to offer the pizza with fresh buffalo mozzarella and tomatos? The waiter was stunned and said he will check again. He came back and said they run out of ruccola (!!) but they will bring us the caprese. We didn't argue about the risotto (perhaps they ran out of rice?!?) and waited for the starters to come. We noticed very quickly why they didn't want to serve the caprese as what came was anything else but buffalo mozzarella. The tomatoes although were very tasty. As my friend was served with the pasta he ordered after the risotto couldn't be offered, we received our DOC pizza with separate spicy salamy (why separate?!?!) 15min later! Maybe that's my personal thing but i hate if the timing of the dishes doesn't work and i can't enjoy the food together with my company. Nevertheless the food was very tasty, lots of fresh tomatoes on the pizza, i would still question the buffalo mozzarella on the pizza. The additional bread we ordered never came until we left. Wine selection was nice although very expensive. Towards the end the service became slower and more inefficent, after receiving the bill no-one picked-up the credit card as they were engaged by playing with their mobile phone...The double expresso we ordered were on the menu with 8.5k, but they charged 9k each...we didn't say anthing given the small difference and left that place for good. Overall, if u simply judge them by the food, it's good and tasty although the overall package is rather disappointing considering the prices (250k for 3 ppx inlcuding 1 bottle if wine) i wouldn't go again.

2  Thank Mansy09