“Good location”

Hotel Skypark Myeongdong III
Ranked #55 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
“Good location”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

On December 2011, I spent 2 nights in this hotel. What I can say is that the location is good. Myeongdong subway entrance is right in front of the hotel. Surrounding area is busy place with many various alternate choices for foods and shops. Nanta Show is located at the back street of the hotel. Room is small but clean, actually it reminded me to hotel room in Japan, including toilet that fully equipped to do auto flushing and washing. The hotel provides free internet in the room using cable instead of WIFI. Wall is not sound proof, because you can easily hear sound from the room next door. Namshan or Seoul Tower is within walking distance from the hotel. It is really a good location. Overall I can say it is OK for traveller who wants to explore Seoul.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank L13m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed in Skypark III in Seoul during last year december for 7 night. The location is great just right next to Myeongdong Subway. There are plenty of restaurant and myeongdong night market just right behind the hotel.

Since my main purpose to Seoul is for shopping I don't mind the room is not so big but its clean the most important, there are nothing i can bargain for.

The staff speak well japanese and also english I have no problem communicate with them

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Aquarious79
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. When i arrived , I was given a smoking room. I am usually ok , as you usually dont smell it much . But this room was awful . I came back downstairs and requested another room . They di dgive me a better room . but i found the Hotel really basic.Next time I will rather pay more money to get to a better hotel .
I will not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank Olivier Z
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I called to the skypark3 hotel to book the room for my trip in Korea 6-10 oct 2011. (this is the new branch just open this summer so they has no website, so I must called to the Skypark1 for the phone number, which is very inconvenience for long distance call) Once I called to the hotel ask about the rate (I know later that he was hotel manager who picked up my call) , he told me that I must call to the reservation dpt on tomorrow because it's our of service hours but there are room available on that period. So I left my e-mail to him writing all my requirement, asked him to forward this e-mail to reservation dpt. Next day, I call the reservation office make a booking with the rate KRW198,000(inclusive tax) per night + breakfast rate is KRW13,200(inclusive tax) per person/day which it's expensive for 3stars hotel but I think it's a walk-in rate or whatever. I confirmed the reservation and have to wait so long to get the confirmed e-mail from hotel.
After 30 minutes after finished booking I received an e-mail from hotel manager that he offered me 138,600krw/ night(included tax/ breakfast 2 person). So I e-mail to the manager ask him to edit my reservation rate to his rate. One day passed, no reply e-mail then I call to the hotel, they said it's a manager holiday (it's Chusok festival in Korea). I was trying to call to the hotel manager so many time after chusok festival but hotel staff (with poor English) told me he's very busy, and he doesn't have time to check e-mail. No response from hotel again. The third day of waiting, I got an e-mail from him and he told me this "Because I've finished reservation so he couldn't help me about that"

To make sure that i didn't misunderstand, I let my Korean friend call to the hotel ask them again by using Korean language. She also waited for hotel response about 3 hours, and the answer was " Hotel Manager gave you that rate, there were many rooms vacant at that time, but now just a few room left so we couldn't give that rate to you." This sentence made me feel that this hotel service and management is very unprofessional. (The date that I booked is the same date that I got room rate from manager). From this point, I feel very disappoint to this hotel.

I juts want to share my experience with this hotel to anyone who decide to stay in this hotel. Even the location is very good, hotel is very new, but with the unprofessional hotel management is unacceptable.

Finally I made a cancellation and finding another hotel.

Thank you everyone who is reading my comment.
Cherry

PS. Sorry for my poor English.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple