“Good substitute for the Original”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill COEX Store - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
UNO Chicago Grill COEX Store
Cuisines: Italian, International
Kunming, China
“Good substitute for the Original”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I went to college near Chicago in the States and have eaten at the Uno's restaurant there a good number of times as well as ordering from one of there outlets in the suburbs of Philadelphia as I was working on my master's degree. When it comes to pizza, nothing beats a Chicago style deep dish pizza and Unos is one of the many great restaurants in Chicago that does it well (Giordanos is my personal favorite). All that being said, there is a deep dish pizza on the Unos menu in the Coex store and it is as I titled the review, a good substitute for the original. The folks over here don't quite do the original its full justice (it doesn't seem the base layer of cheese on top of the crust is nearly what it is in the outlets in the States), but if you are looking for a Chicago style pizza (with the thick, almost pie-like crust covered in cheese with Italian sausage and then pizza sauce on the top) then Unos has the corner on the market here in Korea as they are the only restaurant that I know of that even claims to make it. If you have access the the real deal, I would recommend going and getting that. But if you are in the COEX mall and have a hankering for a taste of Chicago, then Unos can be an okay substitute till you can make it back to one of the fine pizzerias of the Windy City.

Seoul, South Korea
“so so...”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

in Coex, many resto are open. the UNO is one them. I tased the steak but not juicy at all. texture were terrible. if you feel the young ambiance, you can go but for food, I doubt.

San Antonio, Texas
“Who would have thought a cheese burger pizza taste soo good?”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

You can find this place in the coex mall. first off is the pizza issue. this is chicago style pizza its deep dish. If you prefer thin style pizza this is not the place for you. Im wary of trying american style restaurant abroad but I made a exemption since I've never been to a UNO in the states. We ordered the cheese burger pizza and it was good. I mean this was stateside good. We were really suprised. This place is not cheap but if your in the mood for a good deep dish pizza in seoul,,,,you cant go wrong with this place.

• Visited August 2010