“Very knowledgeable and friendly staff.”

Craftworks Taphouse and Bistro Namsan
Ranked #302 of 123,068 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Description: Craftworks Taphouse Namsan serves locally made Craft beer from recipes developed by American master brewers. Craftworks Taphouse has at present 11 beers on tap with new seasonal beers being developed every year. Craftworks Taphouse serves brunch everyday until 3pm, flame grilled hand made burgers, Detroit style pizza's, in house smoked chickens and a range of international dishes from our two internationally qualified chefs. The atmosphere is relaxed casual dining and our staff speak both fluent English and Korean.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Every time I go to Craftwork, I have a great time. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The beer selection is impressive. Craftworks has a good vibe and seems to attract a fun crowd of people. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Craftworks, Owner at Craftworks Taphouse and Bistro Namsan, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for the love, fellow traveler! Guests like you make it all worthwhile!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After booking a table at this restaurant through their online booking (which failed), the staff blamed the organizer of the party of their mistake then continued to insist it was our mistake with no apologies. It's a disorganized place with unfriendly staff.

4  Thank Dave9948373645637839
Craftworks, Owner at Craftworks Taphouse and Bistro Namsan, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. We do try our best to make sure online reservations are seamless. Our website does say "Please note that your reservation will be confirmed via email. If you have not received confirmation by the morning of the next business day, please give us a call at the number listed above." It also does not allow submission of an invalid reservation. Very reliable system.
In this particular case your party was given a table as soon as it was possible - your rudeness and bullying tactics notwithstanding - because we felt bad for the host, who was mortified by your behavior. She seemed nice.
Now, all that being said, did you ever consider maybe your host did mess up her reservation? Just a thought.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I've never had good service at Craftworks, and I've been there about five or six times, and never on the same day. Last time I went they were out of the first two beers I selected (which were the only two I really wanted), and the servers pretty much ignored us unless we yelled at them as they walked by. We ordered at the same time, but our food came about 15 minutes apart, so we had to sit there staring at each other with EMPTY beer glasses waiting for the servers to come. Most people I talk to these days say the same thing: there are better places to go for food and beer, and this place has kind of lost it's charm.

2  Thank migrant546

I apologize for your bad experience. We do a lot of training with our staff to try to ensure we have the best service in town, but on the weekends it gets pretty busy and sometimes we crash and burn. There's no excuse for poor service, though, and I'm genuinely sorry if we ruined your night. I'll gladly buy you a beer as a means of apology should you choose to give us another try!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place has an awesome selection of home brewed beer, an amazing escape from standard Korean beer. The food was of a higher quality than other 'pubs' in Seoul, though I wouldn't necessarily call this place a pub. Deco is minimal but atmosphere is good. Prices are a bit high, but I don't feel bad paying the higher prices for higher quality.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place really is a gem. It can be somewhat crowded now that people have found out about it, but it is really a wonderful place. The atmosphere is great - I've been here a number of times with friends, and a few times for work get-togethers. I've rarely felt more relaxed at a bar, and they're staff is excellent. They have some very nice outdoor seating, and they have specials that run for lunch every day. Sunday brunch is always good and very reasonably priced 10,000-14,000 Won. They also have weekly specials like wing night on Mondays (and their wings are very good!) Their food has a good variety, and I've enjoyed everything I've had so far. But believe them when they say it's spicy (their hot stuff really is hot!). Their sandwiches are very good and so are the burgers (homemade pickles), but I think their wings are my favorite, as well as the french onion soup! But getting down to the best part - the Beer! Their beers are excellent. Far and above the best I've had in Korea so far. They have a wide variety of beers for different beer tastes, and you can even piss off the bartenders and order a sampler of all the different kinds. Overall a great place to drink, relax and hang out with friends, or just go have a drink or five!