“Fabulous staff, convenient location”

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel
Ranked #25 of 473 Hotels in Seoul
Sydney Australia
“Fabulous staff, convenient location”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was travelling with my two adult children and we had one night in Seoul. Fortunately we selected this hotel for our stay. Friendly greeting on our early evening arrival, quick check-in, great recommendations from the excellent concierge which ensured that our evening was a great success both the restaurant plus the evening excursion were great. We had a club room and were allocated one of the larger rooms to ensure that we were comfortable. Everything about the hotel, room design and fit out, very comfortable beds, excellent bathroom and the club lounge reflected what one expects of a five star hotel. What really set the hotel apart were the outstanding staff. Everyone that we encountered was friendly, provided information or recommendations. The location of the hotel is also excellent, just above a metro stop, which was a quick, easy and inexpensive way to get around Seoul. This was the perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank yns_10
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Yns_10,

Thank you for your resent stay with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and leaving us with your most valuable feedback which is the greatest encouragement and motivation for our associates.

We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and genuine care was met your expectation.

All of our dedicated associates at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel are renowned for their warmth and personalized service, we will continually towards providing our guests with most personalized and exclusive service in Seoul.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again and having the privilege of being of service.

Thank you very much.

Matthias Sutter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Sheraton D Cube twice and had a fantastic stay on both occasions. In summary:

- really easy access into the city centre (the subway is at the bottom of the hotel, you don't even need to leave the building)

- all amenities onsite - 2 grocery stores, a really nice Korean food court, mall, subway, cafes, even an indoor Pororo entertainment centre (ideal for kids on rainy days)

- rooms all have floor-to-ceiling windows and amazing panoramic views - also recommend having a drink at the bar for the view

- rooms and bathrooms are big - ideal for families

- great gym and amenities

- last but not least the staff was super super friendly. When we checked out, our concierge even printed out some pictures of our family in the lobby annotated with messages from all of the front-desk team

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank eshaw11215
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Eshaw11215,

Thank you very much for your 2nd visit to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and We are extremely pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay on both stays with us.

All of our dedicated associates are renowned for their warmth and personalized service, we will continually work towards providing warm and genuine service and exceeding our guest expectations and I have shared your kind comments with our team, especially concierge team.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

If your travels bring you back to Seoul, please do contact me directly so that I can take personal responsibility of your another memorable stay.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I absolutely loved the high-rise hotel (it populates the higher floors of a skyscraper) and my floor to ceiling panoramic view Windows looking at Seoul.

Very Nice finish og room and especially bathroom, great rainfall shower and seperate tub (as I like it). Sheraton Sweep Sleeper bed does the job as always.

Very good breakfast buffet With extensive options and egg chef. Naturally great variety of Asian options and also western selections. Top quality spread.

D-Cube has a large shopping center downstairs and also short covered walkway to the metro system which quickly takes you to more interesting parts of Seoul.

KAL Limo bus from airport stops at hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank view2
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. View2

Thank you very much for your recent stay with Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.
We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers regarding our facilities.

As you have mentioned, we have a very spectacular views of Seoul and our location is extremely convenient connected to Line Number 1 and 2 Sindorim Station and we are ideally situated in D Cube City complex, together with D Cube City Shopping Mall, Art Center and D Cube Park.

Every associate at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel is dedicated to service excellence, and we will continue to strive to be your preferred hotel to stay in Seoul.
If you have plan to travel back to Seoul in the near future, I will personally look after you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Spacious and comfort room, modern design, nice indoor pool, hearty and a lot of varieties for breakfast, good and attentive staffs, good location as it is just above the mrt station. I arrived at hotel around 1030 and they let me to check in about 11am as there is available room without extra charge. I paid for 20 AUD for early check in Crowne Plaza Gold Coast last Sep. They helped to check and call for the tourist area which I wanted to visit. Really appreciated this. Their breakfast is very good and I hope I can spend 2 hours every day for it. They serve English, Korean , Japanese and Chinese breakfast. very tasty. love it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr./Ms. PiNkLiM,

Thank you for your resent stay and leaving us with a warmhearted review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to see your comments regarding comfor room, modern design, nice indoor pool, hearty and a lot of varienties for breakfast, good and attentive staffs, good location which are most highly appreciated.

All associates at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel strive to provide most comfortable and memorable stay to all our guests and we will continue to offer another extraordinary experience.

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us and my team and I are looking very much forward welcoming you back to your home here in Seoul soon.

Lancaster, California
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Seoul twice over the past two months to complete the adoption of our son, and we stayed at the Sheraton D-Cube City both times. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel, its staff, and its location. The hotel itself is extremely nice, impeccably clean, and nicely appointed. The rooms are comfy, beds are soft (huge for us, finding a soft bed in Seoul is nearly impossible), there is a really nice pool, gym and spa.

The desk staff and Concierge staff all speak fluent English and are super nice and helpful. We stayed for nearly three weeks between our two trips, and the Concierge staff treated us as friends. They checked in on us daily, helped us figure out how to get where we wanted to go, joked around with our daughters, and helped us translate with random people on the phone (I'm looking at you, Asiana Airlines). Once we took custody of our son, they helped us translate to him, soothe him when he was upset, and gave him snacks and treats when he didn't want to eat for us.

The hotel is located at D Cube City mall, which houses a full food court (including many American choices - McDonalds, Taco Bell, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, etc) as well as a bunch of great Korean places. Additionally, the hotel sits right on top of the Sindorim subway station, so getting around is extremely easy.

Some reviewers complain about the multiple elevators needed to navigate the hotel. Yes, at first they can be a little confusing. But if you consider the fact that this hotel is massive, sitting on top of a subway line and massive mall, the elevators make sense. You need one elevator to get from the mall/subway up to the hotel (which occupies the top 15 or so floors of the building) and then a separate elevator to navigate within the individual floors of the hotel. If it weren't set up that way, you'd have to share the elevators with all of the people using the other 30ish floors of the hotel and you'd be waiting on elevators constantly.

Overall, this is a very modern, well-appointed hotel that caters to both business travelers and families. The hotel is comfy and has a perfect location. We felt like we were at home during our stay. But the real winner of this hotel is their staff - they went so far out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Lkmunoz80,

We are extremely pleased to read that your recent 3 weeks stay with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel was enjoyable and our genuine care by Front desk and Concierge staffs was helpful and up to your satisfaction.
We sincerely appreciate you for sharing your positive feedback with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

As you mentioned, we are ideally situated in D Cube City complex, together with D Cube City Shopping Mall, Art Center and D Cube Park and Sindorim station(line1&2) is convenient connected to the basement 1 level and only take 20 minutes to downtown.
Your valuable comment has been shared with our associates and we will continually strive to exceed our guests’ expectation at all times.

Please kindly contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Seoul, as you can be assured that my team and I will continue to offer another extraordinary experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Bell and Front desk staff are very helpful.

That was my first visit to Seoul, with my family. Several months before my stay, I emailed them to ask for a lot of information about Seoul (e.g. any supermarket nearby, how to get to the theme parks), they are always polite and helpful.

As the bell counter is located on the ground floor and front desk is on the top floor, the very first person that I met was the bell staff. Her warm smile (and candies to my kids) really lighted us up after our tired midnight flight.

I also want to thank the front desk staff, specially Tiffany. They helped me to call several Korean restaurants to reserve tables for us, replied my emails timely, and also helped to make local tour reservations.

There was an incident that the Disney TV channel (my kid's favorite) was distorted, but they fixed it within 15 minutes (even that was 1:15a.m.)

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and stay in this hotel when I visit Seoul again with my family next year, hope there still be rooms available for my check in. :>

P.S.
The GM is also very nice, I met him once during my breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael H
Dear Mr./Ms. Michael H,

Thank you for your resent stay and taking the time to provide us a valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you felt being taken care of by our associates, especially bell staffs, Concierge, and front desk staff.

We highly appreciate for your compliment comments and it is truly inspired and motivated all of us and we will continue to provide our guests with most memorable Sheraton experiences.
In regards to the Disney TV channel, I’ve addressed your comment to our Engineering to ensure inspect all guest room facilities more carefully in advance and ensure this does not happen again.

Once again, we highly appreciate your valuable comment and if you plan to travel back to Seoul in the near future, please let me know so I can assist you with the arrangements personally.

Singapore
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had a good stay here, due to traffic, my preference is to use the metro in Seoul were possible to save time. As the the hotel is situated close to ICN(around 50 minutes), but further in towards the city the hotel is on top of Sindorim Station(lines 1&2), I felt it was very good to get to different sites in the city on a 2-4 night visit, with the bonus of not taking too long to get to the hotel on the night you arrive. It is easy to get cabs and the traffic flows much better than closer in to ‘South of the River’. If you have a lot of ground to cover this is the place to be.

Facilities in the hotel are good, slightly better than most Sheraton properties I’ve stayed at. Decent club lounge, gym, pool and view. It also has a theater, mall, shopping and other facilities at D Cube City complex with plenty of eateries outside. If you are doing some outside of the city R&R, I can report that on a previous trip we found it very easy to get on the DMZ/JSA tour(very profound), and to visit Everland(kitsch and tacky, but we had a good time) by bus, all arranged through the hotel. I felt this offsets the half hour by train to get to the touristy bits of city center.

The staff are all very friendly and professional with the wonderful Olivia as a standout, she demonstrated a level of thoughtful service that I have rarely seen exhibited. This includes the very top tier properties of the major brands. Kudos to the hotel management for making an exceptional hire, and getting the people right along with the locale and facilities.

The one criticism I would have is that I prefer a spicy tomato salsa with my nachos, rather than a sweet chili sauce, however this may be a cultural thing in Korea.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael T
Dear Mr. Michael T,

Thank you very much for your frequent visit to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor
We are happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with our facilities, spectacular views from your room and convenient location by Sindorim station which is located just below the hotel on the basement 1 level.

Furthermore, we appreciate you for the compliment comment which is truly inspired and motivated all of us and your valuable comment has been shared with all our associates, Olivia.

Once again, we highly appreciate you for the warmhearted review on Trip advisor and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.