“Wonderful Stay”

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel
Ranked #27 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sheraton D-Cube City is a wonderful hotel not just because it is giving you a very nice view of the city from room and because it is a new trendy hotel but because of the staff.
Each and every of them from the door man to club lounge manager was doing it's best to meet my expectations.
The one bottle of wine as a welcome gift besides 500Points was a nice touch.
The Suite I got was one of the bests I have every had in a Sheraton. It was coming with everything I need to have and nice views of the town.
When lady at the breakfast saw my disappointment as they don't offer fresh juices, She went and arranged it for me! The same thing happened over absence of Sparkling Water in Club Lounge.
Overall, I loved the hotel and all the associates. If 'Platinum Thank You' Program was still on the go, I would spend many cards in the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to have a Suite on the highest floor possible!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello Sina149,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and that all our associates were most friendly and helpful.

We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our spacious suite with lovely views of the city.

Sina149, please come and experience our hotel again in the near future, and we will ensure to provide you with a fantastic experience.

Best wishes from Seoul.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just stayed for 5 nights here. My experience was positive overall: very helpful concierge and all of them spoke good English; Spacious room with good view; prompt delivery of housekeeping requests; shopping mall and supermarket at the lower floor; direct connection to Subway Sindorim; served by airport limousine. We tried paid breakfast one morning and were spoiled for choices.
Yet it is about 10 subway stations from tourist center, and need to change lines too, which means a lot of walking and stairs. It takes about 40 minutes to get to Myeong-dong, for example. So we took a taxi back one day with hands full of shopping. Advice for families, use taxis. Another minus is we rented a mobile wi-fi router back home for the trip. The signal was so weak within the entire Sheraton that we abandoned the idea of using it in the room. We did a lot of testing around the area. We had to go into open air in order to have strong signal. We had no problem using the router in subways, cafes, in the streets,and other indoor venues. Just that you know if you want to use mobile router in your room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Roundfaced,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor which is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, however we have duly noted your comments regarding our location.

Please kindly note that you may take the subway Line number 2 (Green Line) from Sindorim Station, and get off at Euljiro 1 Ga Station without transferring, which is a 5 minute walk from the Myeongdong area. This journey takes approximately 25 minutes from our hotel. We do apologize if perhaps we did not give you more detailed and useful information on ways to get to Myeongdong.

Furthermore, just for your reference, please kindly note that there are many other tourist information desks around the tourist areas such as Insadong and Garosugil as well.

In regards to your comments regarding the mobile router, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused, however in order to investigate further, we may need to obtain more information. Normally, we have a very good signal here for Internet. Should you wish for us to investigate further on this matter, please contact us at the hotel directly.

Roundfaced, once again thank you for your valuable comments which is much appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel in the future, and we will continuously try to improve further on our products and services.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I found a great deal online and so decided to give the Sheraton D Cube a shot. Boy, I am happy I did! Take bus 6018 from Incheon and the last stop is this Sheraton, around $15 and take about 1 hour and 10 minutes. At drop off the hotel staff greet you and take right to the elevator to the lobby. The lobby is located on the 41st floor and is made of windows...awesome views across Seoul. Check in is quick as with all Sheraton's I have visited and soon you are off to a second bank of elevators that take you to your floor. To get back to the ground floor or the D cube mall or Sindorim Subway station you need to use the main elevator bank that can be reached on either the lobby floor or the gym/spa floor (28). Sindorim station is located right on the green line which makes a loop right through the heart of Seoul. Green line is a very useful subway line to access any part of the city. Across from the hotel are some of the fast food restaurants common to Korea (fried chicken, kimbap heaven, and convenience stores) plus D cubs has a Starbucks. The staff at this Sheraton were very helpful and speak great English. The rooms are brand new and really stylish with large flat screen televisions and some bathrooms even have a private steam room! On your way back to the airport you can purchase a bus ticket at reception that is added right to your room bill. I love Seoul and visit often...it is great to know that I have a new "go-to" hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick H

Hi there Nick H,

Warm greetings from rainy Seoul!

Thank you for your stay with us back in May, and sharing your wonderful experience with others on TripAdvisor.

It is great knowing that you had a comfortable stay, and we will be your new “go-to” hotel from now on.

As you have mentioned, we are extremely ideally located within everything, with very convenient transportation options.

Most of all, we are happy to hear that you found our lovely Sheraton associates were most helpful.

Nick H, please choose us again as your home away from home for your next visit to Seoul, and we will ensure to provide most exceptional service.

Until then,

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for five nights. I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel. The rooms, breakfast, surrounding area and responsiveness of the staff. I'd come back anytime. The property also sits above two metro lines.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WorldTraveller550
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello WorldTraveller550,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and you would like to stay with us again in the future.

Our guests’ feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciated as it gives us the greatest encouragement and motivation.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in the executive suite at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

You will never get wrong with staying at this property. Great location and convenience with the subway station and a big shopping mall just below! Across the street, you can also find restaurants, big supermarket and convenience stores.

Lobby was at the 41st floor and the view up there was amazing. Staff were able to speak good English and checking in didn't take long. After that we were escorted to take a separate lift to our room. It's a bit of hassle for transferring lifts but i give that a pass.

Room was spacious and nice. Fixtures and furniture were well maintained. There's complimentary fruits and a bottle of wine for us too! View from the toilet was amazing and there's even a tv at the bathtub area. Nice! It seems that most of the hotels do not provide disposable toothbrush and toothpaste here so we were well prepared to bring our own. Haha!

Service standard was very good. Whenever I needed something, staff would be there in a jiffy after i called in. Everywhere we go, there's always nice and polite staff.

Love the breakfast buffet too. Yum!

Lastly, there's airport limousine bus 6018 to take you to and fro the airport to the hotel which will take about an hour. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kerrynbabe
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hi there Kerrynbabe!

Thank you for staying with us for 3 nights in February, and sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We are most happy to read that your stay was wonderful, and you received exceptional service from our associates and enjoyed our well furnished and spacious Executive Suites.

On behalf of all our team members, I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the in the future.

Take care and safe travels.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife, my 4 kids under 10 yrs old, and I visited Seoul for 7 days on vacation. This is our first time visiting any Asian country as a family and we wanted to have a base at a nice, comfortable hotel stay with excursions out to the city to see the various sights. We are from New York City, although, temporarily, we are living in London.

As frame of reference, I am an experienced business traveller a fair amount and probably have accummulated over 3 million frequent flyer miles across various airlines over the years.

The hotel rooms were comfortable in size and new. The beds, sheets, and pillow were excellent. The lobby and decor were very nice. So, no complaints around the physical aspects to the hotel and the rooms. The fact that the hotel was on top of a new shopping mall with a good food court and many nice restaurants was really great.

But overall, we experienced a number of shortcomings around our hotel stay. As a result, our conclusion is that this hotel is very nice if you are travelling on business but they have a number of improvements they need to make if they want to cater to a family.

Here are the issues that my family encountered.

1. I had booked two rooms for our trip so I emailed the hotel ahead of time to have adjoining rooms. Upon check-in after a 14 hour flight, I was told at the check-in counter that they received my email but they could not accommodate us but would try to do so mid-week. Obviously, this was really an aggravating start to the stay and an issue that my wife was especially unhappy with.

2. My kids love to swim and one of the reasons that I chose this Sheraton is because they had a pool. Unfortunately, the staff did not want kids to play in the pool with our inflatable beach ball or play games in the pool. They only wanted the kids to do laps back and forth. We specifically chose to go to the pool in the afternoon so that we would not bother business travellers staying in the pool. Nevertheless, I can only assume that they wanted to protect their image as a 'serious' hotel and our kids were disappointed at how they could utilize the pool.

3. One night, we came back to the hotel very late but my kids were quite hungry. I tried to order some quick bites for the kids from the late night room menu before they quickly fell asleep. Unfortunately, the staff said that everything in the menu would take at least 45 minutes to cook and deliver. I told them my situation with the kids and how tired they were. I asked for anything quick such as a ham & cheese sandwich which doesn't need to be cooked. Didn't matter, it would still take a long time. I ended giving up on the hotel and going downstairs to the 7-11 store in order to pick up some pre-made sandwiches. I suppose I should thank the hotel in retrospect for saving me alot of money as I no longer considered ordering room service after that incident for the rest of my trip.

4. The air conditioning fan in the rooms need to be modified. Once the room temperature reaches the thermostat setting, the fan started turning on and off once a minute in both our room the entire night. At night when you are trying to sleep, it was very annoying to me, and the kids remarked on it as well. The fan was relatively quiet, so it would have been fine if the fan was mostly on or mostly off for an extended period of time. But this situation where the fan was constantly on and off each minute of the night was unacceptable.

There were other issues as well but you get the picture.

Bottom line is that if you are on a business trip or with just a wife, I'm sure the hotel is great. My view is that this hotel was not catering to our family trip, so I am likely to try somewhere else, probably one where I have elite status so that I can get free wifi and other services that were not provided since was not an SPG rewards member.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hello Ted C,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and leaving us with your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Your comments has been addressed and replied separately via email, however please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment.

It is our aim to strive for the highest standard of quality, both in our products and services, and I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us.

I would relish the chance to show you that we can get it right on a future stay, so If your plans bring you back to Seoul, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally look after you and your family.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent property with inspiring views of the city (and cute hotel staff) from the bar.
From Incheon Airport, I took the underground and then proceeded to pull my suitcase into the mall and then to the hotel. Don't do this. A cab is a much easier way.
If you choose to ignore my advice and do get stuck at the underground station, go to one of the ticket machines and push a lot of buttons randomly while grimacing and make it appear as if you don't know what you are doing. The key point is to grimace. A staff member will eventually come and help you out then laugh at you when he gets back to his booth.
Aside from the logistical issues, the hotel is very clean, staff treatment very polite, and the location is decent. I did not plan my trip before arriving in Seoul so I kind of made the location convenient if you know what I mean. But since the station is right underground, anywhere is accessible I guess. Muahahah.
The hotel also sits atop or above a mall. Only thing to remember is that most restaurants in the mall close by 9:00 pm. I suggest planning a meal around 8:00 pm to avoid being hungry for the night.
It appears that the building is shared between the Sheraton hotel and various businesses. Just remember that the lobby is on one of the top floors and you have to take the elevators on the left to get to the lobby and then to your floor. Confused? Hahaha..
If you take the elevators in the middle of the bottom floor you will find that your floor and the hotel lobby are inaccessible. Remember that if this happens, act natural in the elevator.
Unlike my previous advice, don't push a lot of buttons but wait until someone enters and pushes the button for the lobby. Or you could try to explain to someone already in the elevator with you that you are a guest of the hotel. I'm pretty sure that they will assist you. And then laugh at you when they get back to their cubicle.
The rooms are very nice. King-sized bed, wardrobe closet nice, ironing while watching the TV nice. Bathtub in front of the window nice; Where you can look out into the sun soaking the city while shampoo works its way slowly down your forehead. I really enjoyed this hotel.
My only complaint is that once I understood how to get back to my room from the train station, the stay was almost over.
Oh! I almost forgot the most important topic: No Free WiFi. But I was able to access someone's WiFi from the smoking area with my smartphone. Muahahahah.
Oh! Did I mention the cute ladies in the hotel staff. Incredulously unbelievable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello PhucDong,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed the beautiful views, and lovely guestrooms as well as service of our dedicated associates.

As you have mentioned, we are in a multi complex, ideally located within the hub of D Cube City together with the Art Center, Department Store, and D Cube Park and also connected to Sindorim Subway Station, and 15-20 minutes to downtown area.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with the elevators as well as getting to the hotel from the subway station.

PhucDong, thank you once again for your great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.