“Contemporary”

Ranked #27 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Macau, China
“Contemporary”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my second time to Seoul for leisure and try to find a conformable but also convenient hotel for the stay.

Good location: the hotel is adjacent to the MTR transit station where you can take the MTR to the rest part of Seoul. Department Store is at the bottom part of the hotel building. 24HR cvs is just down the corner of the hotel block with shelter. You don't even need to go "outdoor" to get anything if you're not looking for hotel stuffs. Travel from the Sindorlim Station (Not sure if I spell correctly) to Seoul Station is around 30-40min.

Service: we're from SEA and not very used to chilly winter. Housekeepers sent us a humidifier and made the entire stay to be more comfortable.

Sleep Quality: Sweet Sleepers is very good....

Cleanliness: From lobby to guest room, bath room, it's quite ok. Partly I would say because it's still a new hotel and everything looks still great and stylish.

Rooms: larger than I expect. Just the TV is set a bit high and you won't find it comfortable when watching in bed..

Nearby area: Not like Seoul Station flood of tourists, majority are local residents in the nearby area. You may take a walk in the part down stairs in the afternoon without being disturbed. - everyone is out for work.

Price is a reasonable for a 5-star hotel in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M M
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello M M!

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and posting a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to learn that your stay has been pleasant, and you enjoyed our guestrooms and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, and consider our hotel to be 'contemporary'.

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will continue to provide most comfortable and exceptional Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests.

M M, please visit us again in the near future and we will ensure you with another pleasant stay.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good choice depending on your needs

This new property is a great addition to the Starwood properties in and around Seoul. The level of service is excellent, I always feel well taken care of, the accommodation, meals, housekeeping, etc are all to the highest standards.

Location preferences could be the deciding factor:

Pros-
On top of the D Cube City mall, one has dinning and shopping options including a pharmacy and a well-stocked convenience store.
Atop two subway lines, one can be at Seoul Station in about 20 minutes or to Hongdae in about 15.
Located near numerous highway interchanges, it's a good starting point for trips to the South, East, or West.

Cons-
Aside from the mall, there isn't much in the neighborhood. You'll need 30 minutes or more (including walking) to get to major sights
The number of highway interchanges actually leads to quite a bit of traffic during rush hours.

Overall, as a frequent business traveler, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mjcSING
Hello mjcSING,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate our guest feedbacks, as it assists us greatly in getting to know our guests and improving our services.

We are happy to learn that you will definitely consider staying with us again. We will ensure to continually provide most excellent service to all our guests.

mjcSING, once again, thank you for your feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any travel plans back to Seoul, and I will personally look after you.

Warm Regards,
İstanbul, Türkiye
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel rooms are amazing,staff is very helpful especialy very clean.Hotel is near to city center. It has amazing city view in the roof lounge.There is also a very popular shopping mall nearby. The metro stop is just under the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank udakan
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Udakan,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Sydney
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family had already been guests at this hotel a week prior to my arrival. I was surprised to be greeted by name on my arrival by everyone from the doorman and concierge on the ground floor to the check in staff and concierge in the lobby on level 41. Certainly a fantastic Starwood property.

1 Thank rachelgeorgina
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi there rachelgeorgina!

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to learn that you have received attentive and personalized service from our dedicated associates, and we will continually work towards providing most exceptional Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests.

Please come and visit us again in the near future!

Fullerton, CA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family spent two nights at Sheraton Seoul D Cube and one night at Park Hyatt Seoul. When being asked which hotel he likes better, my son responded that he likes the view and bath tub better in Sheraton D Cube. During our stay, the first thing my son did every morning after waking up was to sneak next to the window and look at the view, though it was still too dark to see.
The hotel just sits right above a department store so shopping and dinning is really convenient. We ate at a restaurant on the 5th floor and had dessert on B1.
I also liked how quite the hotel was. Our room was right next to the elevator (when we opened the door, quests waiting for the elevator could see our room) but we didn't hear any noise from the waiting area.
The A/C was confusing to us. The temperature was set at 24C and we weren't able to lower it. It was hot for us in the middle of the night. And the heavy comforter didn't help either.

3 Thank cynthiacheng
Hello cynthiacheng,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to learn that your stay has been enjoyable and glad to know that your son liked us as well!

All guest feedback are important to us and is greatly appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to further improve our services and facilities.

We were disappointed to read that you had difficulties with our air conditioning system. Your comments has been reviewed by our Housekeeping and Engineering team, and we will ensure to fix any problems there maybe. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

cynthiacheng, thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we will continually strive to provide most exceptional Sheraton experience to all our guests.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

There are plenty of reviews here about the quality of this hotel, and it really is excellent. The location isn't fantastic, but it's literally on top of a subway station so it's not a big problem.
The breakfast buffet here bears mentioning too; it's quite extraordinary with breakfast foods from around the world. The dripping honeycomb contraption is not to be missed!
But the service here is really amazing. I wanted to ship a winter coat home and they gave me a box and packing supplies free in the business center, then when seeing that DHL was $200, personally escorted me to a local Post Office a block away. The bell-hop and I had a great conversation on the way, and it was nice to hear him describe the hotel as a "happy place." I think it's obvious here that the employees enjoy what they're doing and really want you to enjoy your stay. Everywhere you turn you seemed to be wished a warm welcome, thank you, or good-day. I hope I can return someday soon.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank xtrmtrk
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi there xtrmtrk!

Thank you for your valuable review you have posted on TripAdvisor.

It is great to learn that you have received the "best" service ever from our wonderful Sheraton associates, with a special note to our Business Center and Bell Desk associates.

We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

xtrmtrk, thank you once again for your precious feedback, and please come and stay with us again and we will ensure to deliver another exceptional stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2013

In February, I booked 1 night at the Sheraton D Cube to spend my layover night in Seoul in between two long flights. We had come to Seoul for 5 nights in August and stayed at the Westin Chosun hotel and loved the location, but thought the overall service and room were fine but not great. The Sheraton D Cube is a bit of the opposite. Location isn't near the main city center but the service is exceptional and the room was perfect.

We booked a Deluxe King bed for myself, my wife and 15 month old daughter at a prepaid 20% discounted rate for 188,000 KRW / night. We took the Incheon Airport Limousine Bus (about $15 USD/person) from the airport to the hotel. Upon arrival, we went up to the lobby on the 41st floor (pretty cool idea that everyone can enjoy the beautiful view from the lobby).

Check in was swift and efficient. Unlike some other Starwood properties, this Sheraton quickly acknowledged my Gold status and gave us the list of benefits (enhanced room, free wifi or 250 SPG points or a beverage and also offered late checkout) without me having to ask. I did inquire if I was upgraded to a Club Room (with lounge access) but she said I was not. She did offer to upgrade me to Club Room for 1,000 SPG points, but since I had a baby with me, she informed me that no children under 18 are allowed in the club.

They also offered me the opportunity to pay $30 USD/person for the breakfast buffet in the morning, but I had to decide at check in. Otherwise, I'd pay the normal price of about $40 USD/person. Now, I love breakfast as much as the next person, but $80 for breakfast for 2 is a bit much. We declined.

Given it was freezing in Seoul (snow everywhere) in February, we didn't want to venture out to get dinner and it was getting late (around 9PM). So we went through the hotel into the D Cube City shopping mall and looked around. Unfortunately, all the restaurants close at 10PM so we had to do with the 24 hr McDonald's.

The next morning, we got up around 7AM and wanted some breakfast. Unfortunately, the shopping center did not open until 11AM and we were hungry. So we contemplated paying $80 for breakfast in the lobby restaurant, but then remembered I could upgrade to Club Lounge access (with free breakfast) for 1,000 SPG points. So I called to the Front Desk and they handled the transaction and I was able to go into the Club Lounge. Of course, since we were with our daughter, only one of us could go into the Lounge at a time to have breakfast. Not ideal, but I understand the rules are in place for a reason.

Interestingly enough, since I had Gold Status, I chose free WiFi. But since I was also in a Club Room now, it came with free WiFi, so they changed my Gold amenity to the 250 SPG points, bringing down the cost of my Club Room upgrade to 750 SPG points, net.

Upon the late 2PM check out, we asked if we could purchase Airport Limousine tickets from the hotel and put them to the room (racking up more SPG points).

From the photos and other reviews, I'm sure you can tell the property is very new and well appointed. It's still far from Incheon Airport and not ideal if you have a short layover. It's also not close to the Seoul city center but the subway systems are great in Seoul. Nevertheless, I'd definitely choose to return to Sheraton next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on high floors since the hotel occupies the floors 35-41, so you really can't...