“Wonderful hotel, incredible breakfast buffet”

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel
Ranked #37 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed November 7, 2012

we stayed here for one night using SPG points and absolutely loved this hotel! it´s brand new and absolutely beautifully designed, loved the room layout and comfort and the view was great (36th floor).
Apart from the room, it was the buffet breakfast (extra, but absolutely worth the roughly 30$) that totally got us: everything you can imagine from western to various asian cusines - all presented in such a beautiful way - not one of those overstuffed buffets.
The pool is beautiful (again, great view) and it was almost empty when we used it, note, however, that the hot tub doesn´t have bubbles as one might imagine.
we didn´t have dinner there, but there are lots of options in the adjacent mall or across the street from the hotel if you don´t want to go back to town. We had one drink at the bar while waiting for our check in and that was quite overpriced (two beers around 32$), so I wouldn´t drink too much there.
We´d definitely stay there again if we come back to Seoul!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Hello mupsi212,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and providing us with such wonderful feedback which is truly appreciated. It is always a pleasure reading great feedback from guests, which helps us improve our services and gives all our associates great motivation to do even better.

Furthermore, we are pleased to hear that you consider our buffet breakfast ‘incredible’! Our Director of Culinary (Executive Chef) Gunnar and his culinary team does their utmost to provide our guests with the best experience at all of our food and beverage venues, our feast and lobby lounge bar on level 41, Deli on B1, Fit Café on level 28 as well as 24 hour In Room Dining.

mupsi212, thank you once again, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Seoul D'Cube is an awesome hotel to pick the next time you're in Seoul, South Korea. For starters, it's a relatively new hotel (slightly over a year old i think). With such receptive and hospitable staffs at the lobby greeting a warm welcome to you, your jetlag is momentarily forgotten.
The view of Seoul skyline could be seen from the lobby. And the ambience is fantastic. The kind of environment you'd like during a holiday. Room was well-furnished, including safe box and AV/IT connectivity. Concierge was especially helpful. assisting in bookings of tours, identifying places of interests etc. Travelling solo on this trip, I'd be lost in translation without help from Concierge.
Facilities was top-notch. The spa, pool and gym is a must try!!
Down-sides are the location of the hotel (at least half hour away from city centre by metro) and frequency of the lifts (a decent wait for the lift due to lobby located on 41st floor!)
But the pros far outweighs the menial cons.. and as such, this hotel should be considered by you when you decide to visit Seoul!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank mendoza07
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hello mendoza07,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you for staying with us and giving us a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

As you have mentioned, we have been opened just over a year, and becoming a landmark as the first 5 star hotel located in South West of Seoul, together with new D Cube City with its lifestyle hub of shopping, dining, conventions, musical entertainment, offices and residences.

It was a great pleasure reading your review, especially regarding our wonderful associates. One of the most important core values of our Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel is interaction and connecting with our guests, whilst providing most warm and caring service. We are glad to learn that you were able to experience our exceptional service, from our ‘hospitable’ associates, especially from our Concierge team.

mendoza07, please come and stay with us again and we will ensure that you will experience another comfortable stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed for 6 days and would definitely choose this hotel again. We had a warm welcome right at check in and the concierge guest services were waiting for us with a folder of information. Impressed. We were bit worried that it was not in the city center but city center hotel (near Shilla etc..) rooms were too small and not worth the money. We got the one bedroom suite for the four of us (two young children) and it works out beautifully. You can even have two roll aways which many hotels don't allow. The room was spacious and the night view from the bathroom was so gorgeous that we even skipped the namsan tower trip for this privilege. The breakfast buffet was awesome. You have the subway right under the lobby. The shopping mall has great choice for food with impeccable cleanliness and service. I would definitely choose this hotel over the older Shilla and alike for the bigger room and better service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Saeri Y
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hello Saeri Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your great feedback which is most appreciated.

We are happy to read that you had an ‘excellent’ stay’ and that you found our Executive Suites ‘heavenly’! Also, thank you for your lovely comments in regards to our breakfast at feast restaurant. We really do have awesome views from our 41st floor Lobby and Restaurant.

Your review on TripAdvisor has been shared amongst all our team members, and we will continue to provide utmost caring and personalized service to all our guests, ensuring a wonderful stay.

As you have mentioned, please come back and stay with us again, and we will give you a most warm welcome and exceptional Sheraton experience.

Saeri Y, we look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My best friend and I celebrated our birthdays together. We travel frequently, and this year we chose Seoul, Korea. For my first time in Seoul, we chose to stay at the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and were not disappointed. An excellent hotel with great staff from top to bottom. The hotel gave us a special greeting and treat due to our birthdays. We opted for the hotel's limousine service from the airport to the hotel. After a long flight, James Ham (Duty Manager) greeted us and we were driven to our hotel in a comfortable luxury car with wi-fi and fresh bottled water. There was no hassle and no worries. Since our arrival at the Sheraton, we were served with exceptional service during our entire 5-night stay. The hotel has excellent access to the Seoul subway lines. We stayed on the Club Level with Club Lounge Acccess, which included free wi-fi. Our room was very nice, clean, modern and fairly spacious with spectacular views. Club Lounge has an excellent full breakfast, and drinks with snacks available through out the day.

Special kudos to David Cuddon, General Mgr.; James Ham, Duty Manager; Lucy Choi, Club Lounge Mgr.; Julia Lim, Sam, and Isaac Ko who are staff at the Club Lounge, and finally Gina Han and Cindy at Concierge. They all made our stay at the Sheraton Cube fantastic!

All in all, one of the best Sheraton's we have ever stayed at and we are definitely recommending the hotel to our family & friends. If we return to Seoul, we will return to this great hotel!

-Anna M./San Francisco

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnafromSF
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello AnnafromSF,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and celebrating your birthday with your best friend at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you had a ‘superb’ stay and that we were one of the best Sheratons you have stayed at. All of us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will work together to exceed guest expectations at all times, and providing most warm and caring service to our guests.

AnnafromSF, please stay with us again in the future, otherwise safe travels.

Warmest wishes from Seoul,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I came in early from a long flight and the room was not available until afternoon. The reception ladies were very graceful. Then a manager came in and got me a room and a club floor upgrade which was a very great surprise to me. Everything was run well and very professional with plenty of courtesy. The Japanese - Korean style spa was exceptional.

Room Tip: Great city view from almost anywhere of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello dishanw,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor! It is such a great pleasure to read and hear that you really enjoyed your time with us. You mentioned that “our Club Rooms are wonderful”, we are glad to see that you were able to take advantage of the Sheraton Club experience.

Together with all our team members at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, we thank you once again for your valuable comments, and sincerely look forward to your return.

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed five wonderful and memorable nights in the Executive Suite at the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City hotel recently. The Executive Suite was actually unavailable for the period of my stay due to a big conference held during the same period (I am not part of the conference) but David Cuddon, the General Manager, Minnie and Rimmy Eun from reservation must have rearranged a number of reservations to accommodate my desire and I only hope that it did not cause any inconveniences for other guests. Jessica Yoo from Guest Service Center followed up quickly to check if I've any special request during my stay and everything I requested was taken care of stealthy without any hassle. All these assured me that I will be well taken during my stay even before I reach the bell and front desks and it was indeed the case.

I arrived at the hotel feeling quite ill with conjunctivitis infection and after a red-eye flight but the bell desk anticipated my arrival and I found myself at the Club Lounge reception in no time with a brightly smiling Sunny Park welcoming me and offering to get me warm tea and expedite my check in process upon seeing I was not in my best condition. Within moments, David, together with Duangjai Poon, Director of Rooms, and William Jung, Front Office Manager, came to welcome and greet me, which gave a lot of comfort to someone who is ill. With the sensitivity of an excellent hotelier, David sensed my discomfort and again offered me warm tea and to take me to a nearby hospital. While I did not take up his kind offer, I felt that if my condition worsens, I would be in the good hands of the hotel, which indeed helped to dissipate any discomfort and led me to recover in no time to enjoy my stay and time in Seoul. William led me to my room personally, where upon entrance, there were fresh fruits and a complimentary bottle of wine, which was surprisingly good, and I had a good time sharing it with a very close friend of 13 years.

My illness was perhaps a blessing in disguise since I was compelled to spend significantly more time in the hotel, which allowed me to appreciate and enjoy the amenities and exceptional services in the hotel, especially in the Club Lounge, and to interact with wonderful people like Isaac, Kelly Kim, Lauren Han, Lucy Choi, Sam Hong, and Sunny from the Club Lounge.

One evening while I was waiting for a friend's arrival at the hotel at the ground level entrance, Duangjai came up to greet me and kept me company with a good conversation for at least 15 minutes when she realized that I was waiting for a friend's arrival. Out of concern for my respiratory system since I was still recovering from my illness, the very congenial Cindy Koh, Duty Manager, personally made sure to set up two air purifiers in my room. She also showed me around the facilities of the hotel and delivered some of the hotel’s must-try marcarons to my room for me to savor and they were indeed one of the best I ever had.

Cindy and Kelly even remembered my date of departure and bade me farewell earlier as they were on leave on the day of my departure. While I was checking out, Duangjai and William came personally to bid me farewell. The check out process was without any hassle and they made sure that I've transportation arranged to the airport. However, due to my own carelessness, I missed the Airport Limousine, which is very convenient for commute between the hotel and Incheon International Airport, but Tony Lee from bell desk quickly got me a taxi to make sure I catch my flight in time.

I must also commend and thank the many others whom I did not remember their names or meet personally and have not done justice to their kindness; like the housekeeping team who serviced my room to a very high standard, the kitchen team at the Club Lounge who prepared excellent healthy dishes and refreshments all day long to ensure I'll never have to bear with an empty stomach throughout my stay, and the maintenance team who made sure everything works in the hotel. I have also observed the many interactions between the hotel staffs and other guests, and the hotel staffs are always personable and responsive.

I have experienced great and warm services at many fine hotels around the world but it is very rare that every single staff is so attentive and genuine, to the point of being affectionate. It is not just the warm personal greeting during check in; it is not just the welcoming gift of fresh fruits and wine, and treats of marcarons; and it is not just the well appointed spacious suite with bathroom of spectacular view, or the dining, business and recreation facilities; all these obviously helped to set the right tone for my entire stay. Most significantly, the pleasure is how all these are weaved gracefully together at this hotel by the dedicated and impeccably trained staffs to make me feel the constant concerns and courtesies, and that my slightest whim will be accommodated with ease. I cannot imagine the hotel doing anything more to enhance my stay experience, as it will be beyond being reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank John L

Hello John L,

Thank you very much for leaving such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor, and sharing your experience with other travelers.

We very much appreciate the kind words regarding our associates, which gives them great motivations and encourages them to do even better.

All our team members at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will continuously work towards exceeding guest expectations and proving most memorable Sheraton experience.

John L, should you be visiting Seoul in the near future, please contact me and I will look after you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Let me start by the great location, its close to everything, and yet feels quite and calm. The hotel is new, and well appointed. OK, the elevators are a bit confusing,and restaurants close at 9pm, but that's OK.

The service from the staff is excellent, and the hotel is serviced by taxis almost 24 hours a day. The rooms are mid-sized, I had a room on the club floor, and it had a huge column (I'm guessing a structural thing) that's about 3ft in diameter, so it took a good part of the room.

A bit pricey, internet is fast, and again, I can't stress how friendly the staff were.

I would stay there again, better choice than Wakerhill hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hello MikeyR,

We would like to thank you for your feedback that you have posted recently on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy to learn that you would like to stay with us again, and that you found our associates to be ‘excellent’ and hotel’s location to be ‘quiet and calm’ in the busy city of Seoul.

I have well noted your comments and suggestions, we will assign a room for your next stay based on your personal preferences.

MikeyR, we thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We value your patronage, and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Best wishes from Seoul,