“Wonderful Weekend!”

Ranked #27 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
jilin china
“Wonderful Weekend!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Sheraton D Cube in early June and really, really enjoyed my short time there. It is a beautiful, classy hotel and the service was unbelievable....I expect to be looked after when I use the SPG fleet of hotels, but the service here was way above the norm!!! From the slick airport pick-up, to seamless check in, to gracious attention in the lounge (Victoria) ...every detail was perfect. The location is ideal, right above the subway and the concierge (Gena) couldn't have been more helpful. Practical advice of what to see, what not to was most appreciated and as I was leaving on Sunday morning ( early) I decided I must return....soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank sallynix
, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Hello sallynix!

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a wonderful weekend with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I have shared your valuable comments to all our team members, with a special note to Victoria and Gina.

Please do come back and stay with us again, and we will ensure to provide you with another excellent Sheraton experience.

Thank you once again for your most appreciated comments.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I arrived in Seoul at approximately 5am and got through customs and immigration within the half hour. I knew beforehand that I would require the 6018 airport limousine which would drop me off directly outside the hotel (in fact, it's the final stop) and after a 45 minute wait for the bus was able to sit back and relax for the next hour or so.

I had heard that the lobby of the hotel was on the 41st floor and can now see why - not only is it more convenient given the hotel is above a shopping centre, it also affords stunning views which are an excellent way of showcasing the city of Seoul for international guests.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to check in to my room at 7:30 am - I had just flown in from London and was quite tired, but I expected to be asked to wait until the afternoon (especially as two guests before me were required to wait). I'm assuming, however, that was I was a single traveller they were able to accommodate me and a minute later I was in my room on the 32nd floor. And what a room it was!

Disclaimer: I don't usually stay in luxurious hotels such as this, but due to the excellent exchange rate I was able to afford two nights here (at the time of writing, two nights at this hotel is cheaper than one night in a 5 star hotel in Australia). I'm used to staying in nice hotels, but this was something else. A beautiful room.

I didn't use the gym, spa or partake in a meal in their dining area so I am unable to comment on these.

The only negative aspect was the sound from the traffic below, specifically the trains, but I understand that if you ask for a room on the other side of the hotel then this is not an issue.

If I'm ever in Seoul again then I will not think twice about staying at this hotel. I would not even contemplate spending the night elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kingspiffo
Hello kingspiffo!

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and posting a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to read that your stay was ‘superb’ and you will definitely stay with us again. We are glad that we were able to assist you with an early check-in and you enjoyed our wonderful views from our 41st floor lobby.

In regards to the noise issue, we are happy to advise that we have commenced a double glazing project for all guest rooms which will eliminate outside noises. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

All our team members at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will continually strive to exceed our guest’s expectations by providing the most warm and caring service.

Once again, thank you for feedback and choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having stayed in several hotels around the globe, I must say that Sheraton Seoul D cube City hotel leaves a lasting impression on me and my family.

I concurred with other guests reviews regarding the hotel ( great location ( underground metro), Beautiful hotel, helpful/friendly/knowledgeable staff, good food, great lounge, first class gym/pool )

What strike me most is the professionalism displayed by the staff ( right from the door personnel to the GM! )

The highlight of my stay must be the cycling experience along the Han river ( arranged by Ms Sue Pak and team )

Once again , my sincere thanks to David and team for making my stay in seoul a wonderful/memorable one.

Cheers!
Patrick Chua and Angelina Then.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patangie
, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Hello Patangie!

Greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Hope you had a safe journey back home.

We are extremely pleased to see such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor, and to hear that your family enjoyed the bike ride along the Han River. Seoul has so much to offer, so come back and explore some more.

Please do contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Seoul, you can be assured that my team and I will continue to offer another exceptional experience.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes from Sunny Seoul,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff of Sheraton D cube is the friendliest I have ever met.

We took Airport Limousin bus no.6018 from Incheon Airport to the hotel, it tool about 70 minutes to get to the hotel. If you want to go to Myeong-dong by subway it is about 9 stops from Shindorim station, I think the location is quite convenient.

The staff of Sheraton D cube are really friendly and helpful.
When we arrived at the hotel the staff was already waiting and helping us to move the luggage to the reception which will be sent to the room later, then took us to the elevator to 41st floor to check in. Again, the staff and also thedocuments were waiting for us, the process went really smooth. She even recommended us where we can get some good food near the hotel.

The room is really nice, as we requested to have room not facing the railway station so we did not have problems with the noise. The air conditioner in the room is not working really well, we tried to adjust the temperature but it stayed on the same degree no matter what we pressed, but other than there is nothing to complaint about the room.

All the staff I met here can speak fluent English so there is no communication problem at all.

I would like to thank Gina for helping us to book "JUMP" show for us, and she even prepared a note with all the booking details. And also Tony for recommending the best fried chicken around Shindorim area, they are really friendly which makes me want to visit this hotel again in the future.

I strongly recommend this hotel to you if your next destination is Seoul :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janicelala
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Hello Janicelala,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor, which is greatly appreciated.

It was most pleasing to hear that our associates were able to make a difference to your stay, noting the special attention from Gina and Tony at the Front Office.

We have noted your comments regarding the issue with the air conditioning in your room, which has been addressed to our Engineering Team. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

All of us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will continually strive to provide a warm and caring experience to all our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I think this is the best Sheraton I ever stayed in. The hotel is almost new and spotless. The service is fantastic. Club level room is worth the money. Loved the breakfast. Loved the Aequalis spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PoorMillionaire
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Hello PoorMillionaire!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and providing us with great feedback.
We are delighted to see that we made such an impression on you following your recent visit to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to read that you have found our service to be ‘fantastic’ and you have enjoyed our Club Rooms as well as our feast breakfast and our lovely Aequalis Spa.

It is always a pleasure to read such detailed and kind comments regarding our associates and services!

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, and we hope to welcome you again at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future!

New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My fist visit to this Hotel and was extremely impressed. Spotlessly clean and in impeccable condition (as you would expect for a hotel this new) the staff was terrific and helpful - even by the high standards of the normally terrific hotel staff in Seoul. Simply can't say enough for the great staff.

Size of the room was as-expected but was extremely well-designed to give it an open and practical feel, especially with a very nice work space. Interior spaces and guest rooms aren't beautiful per se, but very nicely designed, well-maintained and attractive.

Hotel lobby is on 41st floor - this means you go up to the lobby from ground floor and then change elevators to go back down to your room. I liked this a lot - added security and wonderful views of Seoul from the lobby - but you may not like. Elevator waits at times were a bit too long.

Gym/Pool - simply fantastic. Wonderful views from the treadmills. Huge assortment of equipment in beautifully-designed, hyper-clean gym space. Gym was maintained too hot during my visit. Pool and pool space, beautiful and very clean. Some may fine pool too shallow and small (I think max depth was 1.5 meters).

Fully-equipped business center with extremely helpful and friendly staff. Business center should be larger for hotel this size and hours were too restrictive - so plan ahead if you plan to use.

In the restaurant, the buffet is large and has a good selection of foods for all tastes (breakfast is especially good - I think dinner may be slightly less accessible for unadventurous westerners). I found the a la carte menu very uninteresting - although the food ordered from the menu was okay.

Location - sitting on top of the D Cube City shopping complex (Uniglobe, H&M, wonderful indoor "street food" complex) and next to a suburban train station and the Seoul subway, most will find the location good. But while the hotel was convenient for my specific visit agenda - I would have some concerns about staying here if my visit agenda took me North of the river or into Gangnam especially if you travel by car in Seoul's seemingly worsening traffic snarls.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Laudrup
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hello Laudrup,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and we are extremely pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay.
It is most pleasing to read that our associates provided you with our warm and sincere service which exceeded your expectations.

As you have mentioned, our Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance is fully equipped with the latest fitness equipment and knowledgeable trainers, along with our wonderful swimming pool. For your next visit, I would also like to recommend to pamper yourself with a spa treatment from our beautiful Aequalis Spa.

Furthermore, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our buffet at the feast, especially our breakfast. We have duly noted your comments regarding our a la carte menu, which we will pass on the comments with our culinary team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your next visit at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Harbour Grace, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This may be the newest hotel in Seoul, and it's conveniently located in a brand new mall. We stayed here for 2 nights, and I must say, I was quite impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff! When we ran out of soap, the staff was at the door before I could hang up the phone. Fast! The room was spotless. The buffet restaurant on the top floor is spectacular, but kind of pricey - especially lunchtime. It seemed to be full of local businessmen rather than hotel guests. The lack of a discount here was the only disappointment of my hotel stay. Another good thing is you can take the bus straight to the airport from the front door of the hotel. May not be a good choice for those with a fear of heights, as the walls are all glass!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paularey
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Hello Paularey,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and posting a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you have experienced friendly and efficient service from our associates, and that you have enjoyed our guest rooms.

As mentioned in your review, we are one of the most newest hotels in Seoul located in South West Seoul in the D Cube City complex, together with the shopping mall, art center and D Cube park. Limousine bus number 6018 which stops right in front of the hotel, takes approximately 1 hour from Incheon Airport, and is a convenient way of travelling from the airport.

We have duly noted all your comments in regards to the price of our feast buffet and discounts, which we will consider during our next pricing review. We continually benchmark with other hotels in the city to ensure that our pricing always remains competitive.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback, and if your travel plans bring you back to Seoul do contact me directly so that I may personally look after your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.