“Average all over”

Ranked #117 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Antwerp, Belgium
“Average all over”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night only. If I had booked for the "list price" then this property would have gotten a very low rating. But I did get a low online booking somewhere.
Still ... paid extra for a "deluxe room". Don't bother ... I bargained for a larger room only to find out that the extra space was taken up by a third bed (1 double bed + 1 single bed) that no one needed or asked for. And was told that all the deluxe rooms are like this. So if you are a couple you might as well get the standard room.
The room was immensely hot and we had been told at check in that there was no way that room temperature could be adjusted in the room itself ?!?
Breakfast was below average ... bad coffee ... fatty spam cut up in cubes instead of some real bacon ... a cook was making fresh eggs but not to order ... just systematically overcooking eggs over easy and putting them in the warm water containers. No chance for a customized omelet.
So all in all, ok location, in a city such as Seoul, for the price I paid, average ...
But no urge to go back there next time ... will shop around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank devege
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
Dear. devege

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun.

I would like to apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. All of our head of officer including

GM are concerned of your comment.

Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Concerning amenities of the hotel, we have changed another brand as you did not satisfying.

We had many test for guest’s satisfying before we changed it. Our goal is to not only meet the

needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as

pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and you will give us another opportunity to serve

you.

Sincerely Yours,

Joung Joon
Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days on business in December. Room had a support pillar in the middle of the room next to the bed which made getting around the room a bit difficult and smaller. The lunch buffet appeared to be the leftovers from the breakfast buffet. Not the best location for dining as most shops and restaurants in the area close early. May be a suitable hotel for tours but I wouldn't recommend it for business hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank sstuff3
Kang K, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Sstuff3,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel. This is Kelly Kang from front office.
First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for you were not able to satisfy with our room size and lunch buffet. I send your valuable comments to our team leaders including F&B. Thank you for let us know. We’ll constantly try to configure a varied lunch menu. We are deeply concerned about all of your comments. Our entire team in Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun will try to our best always for the improving our guest satisfaction. Once again sorry for any inconvenience you had while staying with us.

We will feel honor if you decide to stay in our property in the near future.

Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is just 10 minutes walk to the Dongdaemun shopping area, you can go for 1 round of shopping in the morning, go back to rest your tired feet and return to shopping in the evening for a second round til the wee hours. The hotel looks like a business hotel from the outside but the room and amenities in it provide a comfortable stay. There was even a washing machine in our double bed room. It is located less than 5 minutes from the airport bus stop.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear sm0508,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so much grateful you were satisfied with our hotel facilities and location. We provide a washing machine in our guest rooms for our guest who need to wash their clothes in a timely way and we located 10 min walking distance from Dongdaemun shopping area, and next year there will be opened a huge department store nearby. I hope many our guest will enjoy their shopping with various selections in our area.
Once again, thank you for your satisfaction and I hope your next visit will be as comfortable as the previous one.

Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed @ the hotel for 3 nights - this was part of an extension of an earlier guided tour.

Booked the room through hotelclub.com and it was at a slight discount as i managed to redeem some members' dollars.

Location:
The hotel is within walkable distant to two train stations - the Euljiro 4 and Dongdaemun History & Culture Park stn. The latter is the nearer stn. It is also walkable to the Dongdaemun shopping area (Doota, Hello APM and near the Cheonggyecheon Stream. It is also near eateries.

Room:
I didn't think the rooms were old and trashy. In fact, I had a very clean and spacious room (Level 9) and it had a kitchenette (without stove) and a washing machine. Great flat screen TV; spacious desk for me to put all my stuff and my travelling mate's stuff too. The room was always cleaned up well. The toilet was basic but functional. It also had the automated toilet seat with built-in bidet. LOVE IT.

Breakfast:
I only managed to try the breakfast offering as it came with the hotel booking. The downside is that the breakfast offering is all the same. I have fedback to the hotel on the same food.

Service:
The service was fantastic. Right from the check-in to the housekeeping service - they were polite and non-intrusive. The housekeeping lady couldn't speak a word of English but when the toilet's cupboard was stuck (my room was beside the housekeeping station), I went into the housekeeping stn to ask for help and she didn't stop to think or question but just followed me into my room to offer her help. She was all smiles too.

I needed to seek the reception desk's help to translate some Korean text into English and the two gentlemen at the front desk were pretty tolerant - they tried their best to help translate my required text too.

The hotel also has a weighing skill for shopaholics to weight their luggages after their shopping hauls.

I would definitely go back to Ramada Dongdaemun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reneyapbp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us; I have shared your valuable comments with entire of our team including housekeeping maid. They would feel honored to receive your warm compliment for their guest service. We always try to educate our guest service attitude as a top priority but I aware well that you would not be able to feel anything without their sincerity.

I hope to welcome you next visit and I look forward to make your more wonderful stay with our service items advanced and familiarity.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I didn't book this - was a company offsite.

The ladies obviously viewed the shopping location favorably. I wasn't so thrilled.

Decor akin to PRC hotels. Beds were small but the room is filled with cupboards and wardrobes I can't use. Well I stayed in Westin Chosun the week before, so I confess I was in a picky mood.

Staff were courteous when I fell asleep in the corridor coaxing the lobby wifi to work. However I thought they should've been more stringent when I requested a copy of my room key - they gave me someone else's when I gave them the wrong room number.

Breakfast choice was awful. Am I comparing to the Chosun again? But I haven't encountered this poor a breakfast spread since my PRC audit trainee days...

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Percysmithhk,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know in areas where we can improve the quality of our service. Sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk staff. I am willing to re educate my staffs for this room key handling. The issue for the breakfast, we are struggling research methods for guest satisfaction. I have shared your comments with our head of F&B. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We will try to keep our effort to improve the quality of the breakfast.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience you had while staying with us.
We will feel honor if you decide to stay in our property in the near future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 31, 2012

$159 as a special conference price in mid October. What we got was a small room stuffed with a double and single bed leaving no room to turn around in. The room didnt have a true closet, just 3 wall mounted hooks behind a door. The hotel has a serious cleaning problem that was first eveident by the hallway dustboards not being vaccumed. Our room had obvious soil on the bathroom door, the had an soap dish had an accumulation of soap on it, a bar of used soap complete with someone else's hair was left in the tub, drinking glasses that had never been in a dishwasher, an identification badge from a previous occupant found on the floor and the ultimate was vomit on the wall and floor at the head of the bed. We wrote to corporate and even included the pics we took and have not heard a thing back from them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CathyB78
Dear. CathyB78,

First I want to thank you for taking your time to let us know in areas where we can improve the quality of our service. Your comments were becoming a big issue in our property. Respectfully we would like to double check with you, your comments and photo are for our hotel, because we found that some of comments don’t fit with our hotel descriptions and the photos you uploaded, we couldn’t find out those kinds of carpet pattern in our whole guest room and corridor. Please give us an opportunity to apologize for you with this issue personally; I hope that I could make progress for this serious issue for our guest service satisfaction.
I hope your understanding and cooperation.

Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice hotel either for a business or a pleasure trip.

Well located in town with good quality services: restaurant, swimming pool, shops, ....

Good english spoken by all people in the hotel.

Underground's station close to the hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business