Lowest prices for your stay
$66
$37
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
eDreams$66
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I didn't book this - was a company offsite.

The ladies obviously viewed the shopping location favorably. I wasn't so thrilled.

Decor akin to PRC hotels. Beds were small but the room is filled with cupboards and wardrobes I can't use. Well I stayed in Westin Chosun the week before, so I confess I was in a picky mood.

Staff were courteous when I fell asleep in the corridor coaxing the lobby wifi to work. However I thought they should've been more stringent when I requested a copy of my room key - they gave me someone else's when I gave them the wrong room number.

Breakfast choice was awful. Am I comparing to the Chosun again? But I haven't encountered this poor a breakfast spread since my PRC audit trainee days...

Date of stay: October 2012
Kang K, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Percysmithhk,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know in areas where we can improve the quality of our service. Sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk staff. I am willing to re educate my staffs for this room key handling. The issue for the breakfast, we are struggling research methods for guest satisfaction. I have shared your comments with our head of F&B. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We will try to keep our effort to improve the quality of the breakfast.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience you had while staying with us.
We will feel honor if you decide to stay in our property in the near future.
Thank you.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed October 31, 2012

$159 as a special conference price in mid October. What we got was a small room stuffed with a double and single bed leaving no room to turn around in. The room didnt have a true closet, just 3 wall mounted hooks behind a door. The hotel has a serious cleaning problem that was first eveident by the hallway dustboards not being vaccumed. Our room had obvious soil on the bathroom door, the had an soap dish had an accumulation of soap on it, a bar of used soap complete with someone else's hair was left in the tub, drinking glasses that had never been in a dishwasher, an identification badge from a previous occupant found on the floor and the ultimate was vomit on the wall and floor at the head of the bed. We wrote to corporate and even included the pics we took and have not heard a thing back from them.

Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Cathy B

Dear. CathyB78,

First I want to thank you for taking your time to let us know in areas where we can improve the quality of our service. Your comments were becoming a big issue in our property. Respectfully we would like to double check with you, your comments and photo are for our hotel, because we found that some of comments don’t fit with our hotel descriptions and the photos you uploaded, we couldn’t find out those kinds of carpet pattern in our whole guest room and corridor. Please give us an opportunity to apologize for you with this issue personally; I hope that I could make progress for this serious issue for our guest service satisfaction.
I hope your understanding and cooperation.
Thank you.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice hotel either for a business or a pleasure trip.

Well located in town with good quality services: restaurant, swimming pool, shops, ....

Good english spoken by all people in the hotel.

Underground's station close to the hotel

Date of stay: November 2011
3  Thank SergioP707
Reviewed September 1, 2012

There is nothing like being greeted by friendly hotel staff at the end of a long journey. Such was our experience at the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, just a few blocks from major shops at the Dongdaemun market. This is by no means a "fancy" hotel, but it is a very good one, especially for the price. The rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished. My only complaints are the lack of reading lamps and room safe. Breakfast is very good except for the coffee. Hotel staff members are very friendly and eager to help. I would certainly book this hotel again for our next trip to Seoul.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick M
Kang K, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Patrick,

This is Kelly Kang from front desk. Our entire front desk staffs were really touched by your sincere compliments for your service. Definitely your comments will be the big reason why we keep trying to effort to improve our service quality. We are growing up every day with our guest encouragement and advice since we opened our hotel last year. Thank you so much Mr. Patrick. Your inconvenience things of the lack of reading lamps, room safe and coffee quality, I reported to our general manager about it, please know that we are trying to improve the points you concern as soon as possible.

I hope to welcome you next visit. Thank you.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The good:
- friendly, helpful front desk staff
- room generally clean
- clean new carpet
- big, flat-screen TV
- good selection channels (incl. CNN and BBC)
- tasteful art work in the lobby, halls and rooms
- very comfortable bed and excellent pillows
- steep price, but relatively reasonable for Seoul
- coffee facilities and mini-fridge in the room

The bad:
- sterile, metallic-looking room doors, reminiscient of an industrial meat-storage locker
- small windows; no view
- walls slightly dirty and soiled
- small bathroom and shower
- water for shower is warm, but not hot
- erratic wifi in lobby (free)
- meager bathroom amenities; toothbrushes/razors for sale!

The ugly:
- hotel is not near anything (shops, restaurants, attractions)
- large structural support column right in the center of room
- dirty bathroom floor
- terrible lighting in bathroom (shaving in the dark, anyone?)
- internet charges of more than $18/day via cable in room (free wifi in lobby, but erratic)

Room tip: Try another hotel?
Date of stay: August 2012
5  Thank Raintree_Thailand

Dear Raintree_Thailand,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. This is Kelly Kang from the front desk. Thank you for the kindness your good evaluation of our staff's service. We always try to do our best for guest’s satisfaction. Feedback such as yours are assisted us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed to our all of staff. Problems you concern from the bathroom floor cleanliness to paid Internet service, we will constantly strive to improve. We are educating our maid and inspector regularly. Facilities management teams in order to maintain a comfortable room status are strengthening check regularly and repair as soon as we find some defects. I hope that we could hear only good points with our guests in near future, and give us another opportunity to serve you.
I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.