“Helpful staffs”

Ranked #167 of 471 Hotels in Seoul
Gresik, Indonesia
“Helpful staffs”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was on business trip for 1 months (February 2012) in Gangnam, yeoksam, and my office was arround there, I stayed at nox hotel about 2 weeks, before, I've been stayed in more expensives residence hotel nearby, and two other hotels nearby, and I like stayed in Nox hotel more.

Pro:
- Staffs speak English well.
- No doubt about it, very helpful, and kind staffs. I've met the Manager and General Manager. they both are very nice persons. they willing to explains many thing and ensure me had a good stayed. don't hesitate to ask help from them. Even the General Manager once help me to book flights to Jeju with his card (sorry i forgot his name). They also offer to store my luggage during my leave to Jeju for 4 days.
- Near renaissance hotel where the airport limousine bus stop. and near yeoksam station (the staffs once pick my friends and help brought his luggage from station to the hotel). yeoksam metro station only 5 minutes walk at most.
- Coffee machine available at the lobby. I really love this machine
- less expensive than the residence hotel nearby
- Big screen tv and good audio system, air conditioner, and a lot of tv channel. Pay attention to the staffs explanation, since like most hotel in Korea, the manual mostly in hangul.
- Large bathroom, free mini bar replenished every day
- Many restaurant choices nearby.

Con
- Breakfast only bread, yogurt, cornflakes, etc, just like found in many hostel. I don't mind about it since i don't used to had breakfast.
- No wardrobe to store clothes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sebastian N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hospitality. Free drinks,very good quality cosmetics in the bathroom, very big rooms, clean, modern style, perfect localization , helpfull stuff, nice TV set, jacuzzi in the room, you want fell the gangnam Style? Go there :).

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MagTym
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. The experience was quite good.
The hotel staff actually emailed how to get to the hotel before my trip. It was a pleasant surprise and it made finding the hotel easier). Hotel reception is on the 2nd level. It is actually the reception, cum breakfast area, cum business PC area all into one space.
Location wise was not too bad, it is behind the main street, in an alley, up a slight slope. So you’d be glad your luggage has wheels. There were convenient stores, food outlets, cafe around the hotel.
The staff that we encountered all spoke some English to a certain extent (Sometimes you wouldn’t be able to understand, but it is better than not having someone speak English). All of them were very helpful. You can ask for the Korean rail network map from the check in counter (very useful).

Pros:
1. Airport Limousine Bus Service to Renaissance Hotel (About 16,000 won from Incheon Airport)
2. It is a few minute walk to and from Yeoksam Station Exit 8. Can easily take the train to Gangnam Station, or to COEX shopping/exhibiton area, Sinsadong etc.
3. PC in the room that allows for surfing the net. (Issue is that the programs are mostly in Korean, but surfing the net was no issue).
4. Nice big LCD TV, bathroom amenities provided, Free Wifi (it does not require password, so not too secure)
5. Complementary mini bar which consists of drinks, 2 coffee, 1 coke. 1 orange juice, 2 bottled water (can be replenished at no charge)
6. Gym and laundry available

Cons:
1. Construction works across the small alley and can be heard very early in the morning. As early as 7am in the morning.
2. Aircon / TV / lightings control are all in Korean (They will teach you when you reach the hotel, but depends on how much you can remember and how much you can understand their English)
3. Has only one lift, therefore if there are too many people checking out at the same time, you may have to wait your turn for the lift.
4. Breakfast is actually a coffee machine, some boiled eggs, toasts, milk, cereal & some bread. (Didn’t really try, just walked around the area to get food)

Overall it was a good experience. Staff there were good and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gagnant76
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Its the first time I travelled to South Korea and I was lucky to stay in this hotel, as the Manager of this hotel is giving his best to help me out. Especially when I need a concert ticket, he is there to help me get it because I cant read Hangul characters in the internet. The other staff is also very friendly and helpful. The room is great, I was surprised to find 2 desktop computer along with a sound system in it. It is by far the best experience I find when travelling in south korea, thank you Nox Hotel for making my stay memorable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mario S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

During our trip to Seoul, we have had an airbnb reservation that was not the most comfortable place and apparently hard to find even for Korean taxi drivers. So, we decided to find a replacement lodging. Luckily we found Nox hotel. The hotel is pretty modern and I would consider it as a value hotel. We (a family of four adults) stayed in their biggest room and was pretty comfortable.
Dustin, a customer service rep, who speaks really good English helped us tremendously (None of not speak Korean). He actually came to the old place, helped us lifting our suitcases to the main road (taxis were not willing to drive through the tiny roads by the old place), talked to the taxi drivers (we have to get 3 taxis since we have 8 suitcases) to get back to Nox hotel. He also helped us find a good restaurant nearby, went with us to the restaurant (which there are many with several being 24 hour restaurants) and talked to them regarding our preferences. This hotel is trying really hard to be a leader in customer service as Dustin would inferred.

It is true that this place used to be a love hotel but this did not affect our experience at this hotel in the slightest. Free wi-fi in every room, free bottled water, free (though, really simple: boiled eggs, toasts, OJ, milk, 2 types of cereal) breakfast (you can also venture to nearby restaurant if you like), and a decent gym. As far as location, it is very close to the Yeoksam station (exit #8) and you might discover that the subway is the most comfortable method of transportation in Korea and literally get you anywhere in Seoul. Overall, this hotel gives the most for your buck and

Room Tip: If you have a party of 4, ask for the largest room in the corner.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Iwan N
London
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on the tail end of my trip. Having stayed in the intercontinental for three nights beforehand, this hotel for me, was ideal.

Airport bus stop outside the large hotel around the corner, 5mins walk to the metro station, bars restaurants and shops at the doorstep, free wifi (intercontinental charge for wifi in the rooms!) even had a book of takeaway menus.

Unfortunately, i stayed when there happened to be construction works going on next door so it was very noisy.

The entrance to the hotel is on a hill, and once you enter, is a little dark and suspect, as were the corridors. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

What I especially loved is that they gave a pack with a toothbrush, shampoo, face ask, bubble bath, razor, panty liner, the lot!

The wetroom had all the toiletries needed, but they were bulk bought so had obviously been there for the several guests before me and would be left for the several other guests after me. My imagination got the better of me so I didn't touch a thing.

On your arrival, the porter takes you to your room and explains how to use the air con and switch on the tv (the remotes are in Korean). Please take note of how to use the air con - I listened as best I could but didn't really understand what the guy was saying. I thought to myself I'd figure it out when he goes. I didn't and ended up in a 29C room.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay even though I was there for less than a day and couldn't figure out the air con.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Annetteeee
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Don't be fooled, this is a LOVE hotel converted into a "business" or "boutique" hotel. The low ceilings, glass bathroom doors, small windows facing brick walls, and red lights highlighting the room numbers are reminiscent of the former Love hotel days. I'm not sure why other people think this is a gem find. If you are traveling by yourself, this hotel will do since the location is great and near GFC. I would not stay here with a gf or family. I would also be embarrassed to bring someone back here.
The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Bathrooms look very nice. The beds are extremely hard though. The price is cheap. I would not recommend this hotel to friends or stay here again. I checked out early and stayed down the street at the Renaissance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo